“Wonderful service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Palmdale
Grangeville, Idaho
“Wonderful service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I really like Hampton, but often their government rate is higher than we are allowed. This place the rate was right on the mark. The service by everyone at the front desk was superior all 4 nights I stayed. The room was good (a little on the noisy side one night but there were high school kids in the hotel). Food good. The location is great, lots of shopping and a mall and restaurants to select from. The hotel gave a $10 gift card to a restaurant for each night I stayed.I live in a very small town so I enjoyed Outback Steakhouse two of the nights and Red Lobster one night. Outback has a fantastic $15 dinner special that included your soup, salad, entree and dessert! So with the $10 gift card I got an awesome dinner for about $11 each night ($5 difference, ice tea and tip). I would definitely stay at this hotel again if back in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank whitewolf678

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Palmdale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I am staying here with my husband who is working with General Atomics nearby, and we are on our 2nd day. There is lots to do for military families during the day in this area while spouses are working, and you don't need a car. The government rates are reasonable. The rooms and beds are exceptionally clean as are the facilities in general. They thought of details that many other hotels forget. Instead of providing just soap and shampoo, each room also has mouthwash and lotion, hairdrier, etc. We just ate a free breakfast buffet: western omlettes, turkey sausage, hash browns, bagels, pastries, waffle-maker, cereals, fresh fruit, several juice selections, and excellent coffee, all included in our rate. Cute photos by the room numbers make it easy for kids to remember their room without having to know the room number. Several wineries are located nearby (not walking distance, but close), and we are directly next door to a mini- golf facility. There is an outdoor pool and jacuzzi here. There are several restaurants within walking distance (Chilis, and some fast food) and a mall. Rooms have a small refrigerator and microwave. Wifi was easy to access and free (using it right now).

Room Tip: There appears to be an adjoining room to ours, so request adjoining rooms if you have a large family...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hemet, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was my first experience with Hampton hotels and I was pleasantly impressed with the cleanliness and quality at this location. It was obvious that very close attention to detail is paid in the rooms and the hotel in general. My husband and I had our almost two year old and 11 year old traveling with us so cleanliness is a HUGE deal for me since I never know they'll be grabbing next. I was definitely put at ease in this respect.

All the employees we came in contact with were extremely helpful and friendly. We recieved some great recommendations of things to do and places to eat. The complimentary Internet was nice. The extra blanket in the closet was little more than a horse blanket but room service brought up an extra comforter for us upon request.

The hot continental breakfast was excellent! Once of the best I've had. Fresh and clean. It was really a relief to not have to find breakfast off grounds on such a busy morning for us.

The quality we recieved was spectacular for the price. We'll absolutely be back soon!

Room Tip: If it's the weekend ask for a room on the north side to avoid noise from the Mulligan's Fami...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fallbrook, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed here once while in Palmdale on business while looking for a good hotel to base out of for my frequent trips to the area. I found the rooms to be small and the bed not really all that comforable. The location is a bit wonky, behind a big box store and away from restaurants. Decent value for money, but I'll not be back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night in March 2012, with my teen daughter while traveling between LA and Northern NV. I am also an HH member, so I stay at Hilton properties such as this often for points. Unfortunately, had a somewhat annoying experience at check-in. I was given 2 keys to the room as requested, and told the best place to park for elevator access with luggage was the rear (south side) of the Hotel. I drove around and parked in front of the rear door, but neither key would work to open the doors, which needed a room key to access. If you're tired after a long day driving and just want to get to your room, this kind of problem can be really annoying. I walked around the hotel back to the lobby, gave the clerk the keys, which he re-coded. To his credit, he did sincerely apologize. I didn't even bother trying the keys again, I just went to the door from the inside and blocked it, to get to the car. The adventure continued when we got to our room on the 3rd floor, south side, which faces a large mini-golf course, amusement center, batting cages, etc., with an amplified sound system. After we got into the room that night and settled, we noticed It was so noisy that I thought the windows were open! Sleeping was impossible until the golf course closed later that night and it got quiet. IN all fairness to the hotel, it might have been just because it was Saturday night, and the mini-golf course and amusement center was busy that night. The hotel was not busy at all, it would have been nice if the clerk had mentioned the golf/amusement complex on the south and offered, or just provided a room on the North side, which faces only the parking lot. True enough, I also should have simply requested and moved to another room, but we were really beat, and just wanted to get into the room and (try to) rest. The room size, decor, cleanliness, and quality were all excellent, of course, as I have found at most other Hamptons and Hilton properties. The bath was very nice, (seemed like a newer property), fresh, fully tiled, and spacious. The full hot breakfast was also excellent, and lives up to the Hampton Inns reputation for high quality at an affordable price. The breakfast area was clean, fresh, and spacious. Excellent breakfast selections, which were kept well stocked by the staff. Otherwise had no problems whatsoever. I would deffinately stay again, but just not in a room on the south side.

Room Tip: If you want quiet on a weekend, request a room on the north side.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

This hotel is located near many shops and restaurants! The room was spacious with a king sized bed, a fridge, and a coffee bar. The bedding was awesome! The free internet had a strong signal. It was a quiet hotel and I had a restfull sleep! I will stay here again! It also has easy access to the major highway.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Rancho Bernardo, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn for a soccer tournament. I've stayed at about 10 hotels in the last 3 months ranging from 2 stars to 5 stars and this one ranked way up for the service.

When we checked in, they had snack bags prepared for the players to take to the fields for their games and maps and directions to the soccer venue. They were well prepared for all the soccer players staying at the hotel that weekend.

We had decided on Saturday evening to feed all our players at the hotel and to put a movie on so they could relax. We brought pizzas in from a place next door and we were able to utilize the lobby/breakfast area to feed our group. The staff was so awesome, they set up a DVD player so we could have the kids watch the movie in the lobby. The parents were able to sit and talk while the players watched the movie. They were so nice about the whole thing that the first DVD player they brought out didn't work, but instead of just giving up, he went and found another one. He never complained, he was just so nice the entire time.

They had washers and dryers in the hotel which was really convenient to wash the uniforms.

The breakfast was fine, nothing special, but better than most. They also had coffee available all day.

Even with several teams staying at the hotel, I thought they did an excellent job keeping it quiet. There weren't kids running through the halls etc.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family