“Finally Stopped In”

Speedy Joe's
Ranked #33 of 214 Restaurants in Palmdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Like many reviews you will find online, I have driven by this place a hundred times and finally stopped. What it is not - fancy, refined, polished. It's an old building and could usea makeover. So if you want atmosphere to take a date, go to El Torito. What it is is a clean, comfortable place with good food, good prices, and great service. I happen to like places like this where I can be comfortable and just get an affordable meal. It's about value and not pretense or image.

I had a Carne Asada Burrito. It came out in about 10 minutes on a nice hot plate. The best way I could describe it is it was like a giant Enchirito. Chunks of seasoned meat and refried beans, wrapped in a big flour totilla and smothered in enchilada sauce, with melted cheese, green onions and olive on top. I happen to love Enchiritos. I grew up with them as a kid (back when Taco Bell put olives on them). So I really enjoyed it.

Bottom Line: adjust your expectations accordingly and you won't be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Speedy Joe's

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This place has been here forever and I have never stopped in I thought its about time. I ran in on my short lunch break and asked if they could quickly make me a carnitas burritos with beans and green chile. They got to work on it.As I looked around this place is in need of a make over-reminded me of Hells Kitchen! It need all the help it can get. My food came out fast I drove a couple blocks back to work to enjoy my burrito- I was disappointed it was luke warm, I had hoped to have sour cream or avocado on top for the price they charged I wanted it at least hot. I don't think I will try this place again, at least not for a long time.

Been to Speedy Joe's? Share your experiences!