“Blew our order and was too expensive”

Shakey's Pizza Parlor
Ranked #73 of 250 Restaurants in Palmdale
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 9, 2018

Shakey's left Las Vegas in the 1980s. I loved it and hoped it would remind me of those times. No so much...

When you order extra cheese you expect it. We should have returned the pie when we picked it up but forgot that detail until we got the bill. We should have complained but after traveling all day just wanted to go back to hotel and sleep.

I'll try Shakey's again but not in Palmdale.

Three people, two beers, one soda, Bill $50 after tip.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 9, 2017

We ordered the ultimate meat pan pizza and it was truly awesome, probably the best pizza we have ever had. Superb dough and lots of toppings.
Service both at the till and general counter was not so good or efficient - otherwise we would have given Shakey's 5 stars.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed March 30, 2017

Time around noon was burning up as my family of three searched through the long deserts of Lancaster and Palmdale to come across Shakey’s in its cubicle near buildings that looked like giant blocks of fascination, although reliable hope for sliced potatoes and fried-up chicken hadn’t diminished the prospects of futuristic lunch for very long. Dad said our close travels to a summer’s day pulled in the slopes of our imagination as we ate up bits of bread and shriveled lettuce, yet comments passed between us on the dynamic quality of Shakey’s fried chicken: it was hardly amiss, shown in thick fried skin with glory to add on to plates of numerous slices and estimated proportions. “You should go play something in the arcade, Alex.” Dad mused with pasta in absence of mind, drawing the assumption since I played some videogames at home that enjoyment of arcade qualities would estimate fun and prestige. The problem was, I only played mostly the old Atari and PS4 streams of gaming, so Shakey’s arcade seemed to me like getting tickets for no true ride. “Have you thought of getting salad?” dad mused again quickly. It always seemed to me that my father asked rapid questions at a buffet table while becoming too excited; then again, I was at my mark. Shakey’s provided food in Northridge and Palmdale all the same except for sliced potatoes that were fried to perfection and certain types of refill pizza. “Refill pizza” is a phrase used here to describe Shakey’s onslaught during busy noontimes to present free quantities of pizza to food lovers upon receiving dozens and dozens of buffet orders beyond the days, quite often in a few hours. An alliteration Shakey’s used to describe a luxurious refreshment such as “self serve soda” was likely an understatement since particular workers had to clean up after the prestigious soda fountain and gather up lots of cups for here or to go, so our time at noon as a family provided me with the opportunity to relish sunflower seeds with bleu cheese, all in the while being an absent-minded gentleman whose standards were slim to none. Was that a contradiction of sorts? During our huge lunch, napkins were passed around to the tune of crowd noise which filled my dumb senses well enough to let my little brother know the kind of mobile appetite I had with Shakey’s. Perhaps it was unfair when I went into the gaming arcade to find prizes I could never win unless I paid big wads of cash; in fact, I could never get over it, witnessing giant teddy bears on high shelves to demand myself how certain numbers of tickets could fall away for almost no purpose since my phone played the music I remembered from childhood. A trip to Shakey’s in Northridge would’ve been good for practical measures because nostalgia would hit me there due to its pristine age, whereas Shakey’s in Palmdale was like that Chuck E. Cheese’s that could hardly contain itself; in fact, our visit in Palmdale was an explosion of surprises in this restaurant over and over again, when a nice flow of ideas could settle between my family trio’s dreams as push came to shove. I recommended to dad that a quick bite of Texas BBQ Chicken Pizza, not to mention the Firehouse Pizza with spicy feelings I achieved from a nibble of fresh basil, couldn’t go low to a bad point that would bring his stomach to a rumble; my request failed, sense the fried chicken took up his hungry sensations way more than KFC’s choices of source. I recall the time when Nathan got tired of my jokes on leprechauns and called me to pay attention to our lunch together, although my intrinsic favoritism for Shakey’s awesome presentation of hot dishes remains to be seen as I pick a pizza at home and ask father, “Is this really Shakey’s?”

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed June 7, 2016

Great pizza joint atmosphere and good pizza. Just average on the flavor and price, the value is in the ease and location.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed November 4, 2015 via mobile

Some of the worst service I have seen lately. We waited 45 minutes for our food and they said when we asked that we didn't order. I guess the large number we put on our table wasn't good enough? So many better options in Palmdale for pizza and chicken.

Date of visit: November 2015