“Must be a new cook”

Ranked #3 of 212 Restaurants in Palmdale
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 130 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers. Whether you’re in the mood for a grilled burger and a pint of your favorite ale, or seared ahi and a chilled martini, Yard House has something for everyone. Yard House is the perfect place to unwind and take a break - meet old friends for happy hour, or make new ones, celebrate a special occasion, or gather your family for dinner.
Palmdale, California
“Must be a new cook”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Wife likes a calimari appetizer and salad as her dinner. Experience @ YH has told us that they over cook their calimari, putting it out dark brown. We made a point of requesting it to be cooked " light golden". It came out dark brown and was sent back with profuse apologies from both the waiter and manager. While we waited for the return the rest of our meal arrived including a cheese burger for our 4 y/o granddaughter. Upon cutting it for her I found it to be raw, not just rare but RAW! Served to a child and with a label,on it that said "Medium"! It too was sent back with the manager who, of course, apologized profusely. By the time it came back, labeled "medium well" and in fact pink and "medium rare", we had all finished our meals.
To their credit, neither the calimari nor the burger appeared on the bill and we were offered a comp desert.
I e-mailed Yard House corporate headquarters 3 days ago about our experience in the spirit of quality assurance feed back as I was not looking for any kind of "freebie" as we were adequately compensated by management. I have not had any kind of response from YH to that e-mail. It is not likely that we will be returning any time soon.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Wintalldude
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House Palmdale - Antelope Valley Mall, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Hi Wintalldude - We appreciate you letting us know our management team acknowledged your concerns regarding your granddaughter's cheeseburger and the calamari your wife enjoyed. However, it is concerning that you did not receive a response for our Guest Relations team and we do apologize. Please reach out to us at yhguest@yardhouse.com we'll follow up with you about your visit right away!

“Noisy,busy, fun happy hour”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Appetizers and drinks at happy hour are a good value and good selection including vegetarian options

Palmdale, California
“luv this place”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I am not found of spinach but this place makes a cheese spinach appetizer which I cant believe I eat. have eaten here at least 10 times and my finiky son loves the food here.

Visited February 2014
Lancaster, California
“Never again !!!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Bad food, bad service. Thought I would die of thirst. Burnt crab cakes arrived before the drinks. I had to remind the server to bring my beer. Twelve bucks for a "roasted turkey club sandwich" that had deli type meat. Ridiculous!!

1 Thank Denelle K
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House Palmdale - Antelope Valley Mall, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hi Denelle K - We were disappointed to hear about this experience. Providing our guests with guest focused, attentive service is a large part of the dining experience and we apologize for letting you down. This is clearly an opportunity that we want to address right away. I know we can do a much better job and would welcome the opportunity to show you a better dining experience. When time allows, please email us at yhguest@yardhouse.com.
Fresno
“Could Have Easily Been Very Good”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

4 of us wanted to try out the Yard House Saturday night. We decided to eat at the bar, when we found a 45 minute wait for a table. The bartender asked for our drink orders as if she were doing me a favor, a little grumpy with an attitude. Got the drinks, perfect. We ordered the Steak sandwich and it was perfect. Spicy Chicken sandwich, not very good. Both came with cold fries which were returned for hot and fresh. The other 2 had the wraps and loved them. All this being said, the bartender did become a better server, after her and I had a little talk on the side. I simply ask her why she was rude to us. Gave me a story and all was good after that. Will I return, most likely. Just a note, don't be afraid to get what you pay for. These folks need us all to return.

1 Thank MickeyP_13
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House Palmdale - Antelope Valley Mall, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Hi Mickey P - Thanks for sharing this review. We were disappointed to hear our bartender was not at first friendly and that two of you received cold fries. Please accept our apologies for letting you down. This is clearly an opportunity that we want to address right away. When you can spare a moment, please contact me directly at yhguest@yardhouse.com. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns in greater detail so the appropriate corrections can be made.