“Good value in Palmdale”

Best Western Plus John Jay Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Palmdale
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Good value, very pleasant & helpful staff, big room, comfortable bed, clean & pleasant. Nice pool and good breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David B

Reviewed September 1, 2011

I arrived at around 2:00 p.m. on 8/24 and was quickly checked in to a 3rd floor king room. I was very impressed with the room - with Best Western, sometimes it can be hit or miss - but this was a very nice room. The bed was very comfortable. It was very hot outside and the air conditioner kept the room nice and cool. I needed to print some emails and was able to use the computer located in the "business center" which was basically a computer, printer, desk and chair, but hey, that's all I needed. The hotel is located just about a mile from the main highway and is fairly close to a mall and several restaurants and is just across the street from the hospital. The breakfast was fine - there were waffles and the usual bagels, English muffins, toast, fruit, cereal, although no yogurt. If I were ever to return to the Palmdale or Lancaster area I would stay here again. I paid about $80 and made my reservation directly with the Best Western website.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We were in Lancaster in July for a Softball tournament. We stayed with our whole team at the Best Western. The location was very close to the freeway, shops, dinning & hospital. The staff was very friendly & helpful prior, durning & after our stay. The breakfast was very good with make your own waffles. Which the kids loved. The hotel itself was very clean , the rooms were updated.The beds comfortable.All of the rooms had a microwave & fridges. They could invest in better towels, but that didn't really change my opinion of this Hotel. The grounds were very well kept up & had good lighting in the parking lot. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a Sutie
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband is working out of town on a construction job so I decided to join him one night to celebrate my birthday.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had forgotten my coupon for a local restaurant and the hotel provided a computer and printer for me (and all other guests) to use at no charge. The hotel also provides free internet connections in the rooms.

I had reserved a King Suite on the 3rd (top) floor and that’s what I got. No hassle, no excuses. The room was clean and well appointed.

My only criticism is that they really need to change the sofa in the living area. It is VERY old and not in keeping with the standards of the rest of the room and hotel.

Breakfast was OK. They advertise a continental breakfast and that’s what they provide. No frills, but fine.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and I would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Before you book via an online service, call the hotel - they are very friendly and helpful and might...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I stayed here because of it’s proximity to an important EARLY morning meeting that I had to attend. The rate was also right on target, just about as budget as you can get. I checked in the night before so I didn’t have to wake up at the ungodly hour. Since it was several hours away from home, I took my boyfriend (who of course slept in). When I arrived back to the room after the meeting, we had a most impressive breakfast (that included fresh waffles that we made ourselves(!), oatmeal, fruit, bagels, juices, coffee, and milk). The breakfast would’ve been amazing even if it wasn’t free! By then it was pretty much time to check out, but Gabby (at front desk) was kind enough to extend our stay (gratis) so we could sleep in a bit more, and enjoy the Jacuzzi and pools. She was most accommodating and very helpful/receptive.

For the rate, I would never expect such a clean, comfortable stay, and with outstanding service and food to boot! I love to be pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2010

The room was big and clean. The front desk people were friendly and helpful. The price was affordable. Plenty of hot water though the water pressure seems low in the shower but it could be the shower heads they have. Wifi was strong.

The problem we have (and are having as we are still here) is that there is a contracting company that has a quite a few workers staying here. They seem to have been here for a while judging from the pile of dirty laundry one was carrying. They are extremely loud and rude. Yelling down the hallways to each other, slaming doors and what they do all night is beyond me. There must be a few above us and one next door. It sounds like people are bowling all night long. It has gone on for two nights until 12;30 am and then they get up at 5:00/5:30 and start it all over again until they leave for the day. How they are working on 5 hours of sleep is amazing but we are also getting that same 5 hours of sleep. I've never been in a noisier motel my entire life. Every step they take shakes the room and makes the "thud" sound and they must just walk back and forth all night. Once it sounded like somone fell down and onther was running across the room. I don't think we'll be back to this hotel if they have contracts with these companies to house their workers. We were running a white noise machine that barely drowned out the noise and then tried earplugs which helps but you still "feel" them walking/running/whatever they are up there doing.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Toobusy2
Reviewed August 17, 2009

We stayed 1 night in a very large comfortable clean well equipped room with a 3 seater settee. It was quiet apart from being woken up at 4.30 am by next door getting up. It seems contractors who get up early use the motel a lot. Nice bathroom and bathtub. Decent continental breakfast. It was too windy and cool to use the swimming pool when we arrived at 5.30 pm - looked OK though. It has a guest laundry and exercise room which both looked OK but we didn't use them.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple