“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Palmdale
Rapid City
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was working out of Palmdale for 3 weeks. My company put me up in Courtyard Marriott and I couldn't have been more pleased. The staff was amazing and extremely helpful. Robin at the bistro was there to greet me with a smile every morning and the French Toast she made was to die for... Hermon at the front desk was very nice. Since I was on the road for 3 weeks I needed to do laundry, I had come back late to the hotel and all the laundry was full, Hermon offered to take care of my laundry and called me when everything was done. I wouldn't have had any clean clothes if she hadn't taken care of me. Thank you very much Hermon....

• 5 of 5 stars
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time share your experience with us. I know Robin and Hermon will be thrilled when we share your remarks at our next employee event. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to serving you during your next visit with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cleburne, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I received the best in customer service from this hotel on my recent stay. This facility offers a bistro from which to order food. Helen at the front desk told me to call her to order and she would call me when my food was ready so I didn't have to wait downstairs. THEN she actually offered to bring my food to my room on the 3rd floor! Please keep in mind this facitlity doesn't traditionally offer room service, it was just her way of making my stay enjoyable. Thanks, Helen!

1 Thank Dusti W
Eastern Sierra, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

First, let me say that the staff here is fantastic and among the friendliest that I have ever encountered. Everybody was cheerful and helpful and the property was clean and had the basics covered. I appreciated the open lobby, variety of newspapers, punctual wake-up call and the easy check out. The room was a bit dated and its layout strange but it was functional.

Breakfast at the Bistro was served quickly and with a smile but it didn't rise above anything offered at a lesser Marriott property. In fact, I expected more for a prepared meal and left a good bit on the plate. Not a value proposition - a cafe or even a Denny's offers more for less.

Now to the noise. I was located on the second floor in an odd-numbered room. It seemed like the freeway was right outside the sliding glass doors and I had a very difficult time sleeping. I have never stayed at a place where the road noise was so loud. I won't be back!

Room Tip: Avoid the odd-numbered rooms on the second floor.
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank terere2
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond and provide feedback regarding your experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and please accept my apologies for the quality of sleep you experienced. Please contact me directly if you are traveling to the area and I will be certain that your next stay with us is an exceptional one.
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel while visiting family for the holidays. The staff there was great, they were so helpful in giving us information about the area, places to eat and things to do. The maid did a great job with our room and even put extra towels for us without having to ask. The manager came out checked with us while we were eating breakfast to ensure we had everything we needed and that our stay was good, just above and beyond service. This will be the hotel we stay at everytime we visit the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Palmer78
Reno, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are small, and need updating soon, but the rest of the property is new what you expect from Courtyard. The staff is above and beyond in helpfulness and friendliness. And the bedding is what you can expect from all marriotts- awesome

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Marlene O
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your comments are greatly appreciated.
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel was the usual nice Marriott Courtyard. The lobby and common areas were very modern and attractive. The room was nice and everything was very clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. The major downside was it was very loud in the room because the hotel is right next to the highway. My room was towards the middle of the hotel, so it wasn't even one of the rooms closest to the highway and the traffic noise was still very loud. I could not even set the air conditioner so that the fan would run continuously - my usual strategy to drown out traffic noise in hotel rooms. I would not stay here again simply for this reason.

Room Tip: Ask for a room farthest from the highway so the traffic noise may not be so loud.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Daniel L, General Manager at Courtyard Palmdale, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you kindly for taking the time to respond and review your experience with us. We will make certain to make any necessary repairs that may exist to the thermostat in your guest suite. We appreciate the feedback and your loyalty.
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

First let me say that the staff and amenities are amazing. I had a problem with the Internet, called the front desk and before I had hung up a person was at my door to help me. That being said, the sheets and mattress pad are so old and thin that within 20 minutes of being in bed they had come untucked and we were sleeping on the mattress. Very uncomfortable and unsanitary. When I reported it to the front desk I was told she would report it to management, but "we get that complaint a lot"

• Stayed September 2012