“Worst EVER!”
Review of Tropicale

Tropicale
Reserve with OpenTable
Tropicale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 323 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cross street: Encilia
Palm Springs, California
“Worst EVER!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Tried this pathetic waste of square footage, again, with the same result. We sat at a high profile table and were completely ignored, again. Beyond awful. Filthy carpeting, fruit flies and no management To be found. Don't bother.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MagicTenor

Seattle, Washington
“Perfectly Sophisticated Ambiance”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Just had a fantastic evening dining out at Tropicale. Sightseeing in Palm Springs with parents, and we were looking for a place where we could enjoy cocktails and dinner in a mature and sophisticated ambiance. Tropicale delivered everything we were looking for: smart cocktails, charming and attentive service, romantic lighting, and satisfying dishes. Plus, we had live jazz on a Tuesday night, which set the perfect mood in the dining room. It's low season in Palm Springs, which may have added to the relaxed atmosphere, but we have been to Tropicale in high season as well when things were much busier, and have had an equally satisfying experience. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank John M
Palm Springs, California
“Happy hour on patio”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We attended an art event nearby (which the restaurant nicely promoted) and came here for something light. Opted for the bar menu. The place was packed on this summer evening. We sat at a table in the outside bar area. It was very pleasant and comfortable. Attentive and efficient service despite the crowd. We just had small plates but they were big on flavor. Cheese stuffed prune wrapped in bacon and fresh spring rolls. Fun experience!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bon1111
Palm Springs, CA
“Very Attractive restaurant but don't order the pizza”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I'm a native of Palms Springs,Ca for ten years now. I've been to Tropicale many times. If you want to go back in time to 1950's Havana--this is the place. The atmosphere is beautiful and the place is very elegant. Certain nights, the place has live music. Sometimes jazz. The inside restaurant has huge booths which remind me of the elegant restaurants of 1950's LA. The outside seating and bar are beautiful too. I do prefer to sit outside. The food is good and not too expensive. However the last two times I ate there I ordered the "Works" pizza. It was always fantastic. However these last two times , it was horrible. It was soggy and tasteless. I don't know what happened. (maybe the chef had a bad day) I will try it again and of course, I will order other selections from the menu. I used to drink one of their large sangrias at $13 a glass But now I don't because the price went up to almost $20!! Yes, drinks are expensive in Tropicale--so I suggest to go for Happy Hour.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank TonyPalmSprings_CA
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Decent food for the price...”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I won't brag on the food but it wasn't bad. I had a filet mignon that was a little tough. Ordered it medium and would say it was medium well. If there was any pink I had trouble finding it. But good flavor. My husband had the lamb. He said it was "good."

Visited July 2013