“The best service staff in all of Palm Springs!”
Review of Tropicale

Tropicale
Reserve with OpenTable
Tropicale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 337 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Encilia
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The food is always good at Tropical and the setting outdoors is delightful in the evening. But and this is a big but... the best thing for me about Tropicale is the wait and bar service men and women. Chris, whom I have written about in other reviews is outstanding! It has been several months since I been in and yet he recognized me immediately and greeted me warmly. Chris takes his job to heart and it shows. He is a fine bartender and ensures no one is left by themselves or left out of conversation. I hope the owners realize what an exceptional employee they have in Chris. Chris is a handsome man yet unlike some of the good loking people in PS he does not have the pretty boy attitude but grounded and easy going and always a smile for each customer.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed November 14, 2012

From the moment we entered, there was a certain magic at work. The entry, dining room and bar are all decorated in mid-century meets modern with a splash of... you could guess it: tropical.

The patio is so inviting. There are lounge spots, an outdoor bar along with the requisite seating.

We were there for brunch Take a look at the menu, there is a great selection. While I perused the choices, the waitress delivered a mimosa with a splash of Campari, which was very tasty.

With 6 different Benedicts to choose from along with the other choices, it took the drink to decide.

I had the salmon benedict and it was great.

Though our server was a little slow at times, she was friendly and the manager was great and did make visits to the table. The support staff is efficient and attentive.

The atmosphere, food and drink are amazing. This is now my favorite breakfast spot in PS.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very cool place with an old school hollywood vibe that maybe Frank Sinatra might have eaten at. Our server was a blast - very funny probably German woman who just cracked us up throughout the whole meal. She was very knowledgeable about the menu and quite attentive. The food was good, not great, and the prices seemed a bit on the high side for what we got. Still, enjoyed our visit and will probably come back.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

The best fried chicken ever...all in a nice eclectic yet refined decor. Perfect as a late night place after the theatre etc.

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I've eaten here many times and seldom by my choice. I love the ambiance and service. I have never written a review because I keep hoping somehow it will turn around but enough already. The food here sucks. There is no other way to say it. I just don't understand how such a popular venue can continuously put out such horrible food. To be honest they once had a veggie lasagne special that was fantastic. So 1 meal in 15 was good. Anyone who thinks the food here is excellent may want to get out more.

1  Thank Nels