“staff nice, lovely location, food vile”
Review of Tropicale

Tropicale
Reserve with OpenTable
Tropicale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 347 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Encilia
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had a terrible experience here a year ago labor day. I did not return for close to 8 months. The owner offered to make sure my next experience was well compensated.
That turned out to be one drink.
Today we had brunch there.
I ordered the chicken hash with scrambled egg.
The first bite of chicken was the bone and cartilage of a joint with skin on it.
i fished around the rest of the hash and pulled out a bunch of other questionable parts.
Just vile.
I did not bring it to their attention, because the very fact that they could serve this, indicates to me that this place still has no quality control.
Yuch.
The waiters and staff are nice.
They try to welcome you. But now 3 times and it is strike out for me.

1  Thank Irvinggetthecar
Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great selection on the menu. Had dinner once and enjoyed my choice as did other with me. Most often go for drinks and snacks at the bar. Very confortable outside bar and eating area. People watching, oh ya..

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had a great time. i had the forecracker shrimp. It hit the stop. Just enough spice for me. I had Raspberry lemonade margarita it was great. I sat in the patio it was warm.
It was busy for a Saturday night. I would eat in the patio when it's not so warm.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I live in San Francisco, a town known for good restaurants. The quality of the cocktails, food, atmosphere and service could compete in the San Francisco restaurant scene. My favorite picks - the coconut martini and the small plates. I was most impress with the preparation and presentation of the small plates, everything was cooked just right so the textures came out perfect and the flavor profiles (when appropriate) were complex. The atmosphere was lively and the decor is fun. Next time I'm in Palm Springs, I will make a trip to Topicale just for the coconut martini!

2  Thank SkiBunnyintheTropics
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We're locals and have been dining at Tropicale since it opened. We always loved the bar scene, but the jury was out on the food. Well not any more. Something happened and this lively and casually elegant restaurant with a Miami-ish slash New York-esque vibe is serving delish and eye-pleasing delights....consistently (and that's a big thing in my reviews). The shrimp cocktail looked more like four lobster tails....huge and succulent (not watery like at other PS restaurants that tout their crevettes). All the appetizers are wonderful and creative...especially the Asian ones. Boneless fried chicken was incredible and, when they have them on special, don't miss the mussels in a thai broth. Congratulations Tropical, I've watched you move up in the TripAdvisor ratings. You desrve it!

2  Thank skitramp