“Great Value”

Ranked #66 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Phoenix az
“Great Value”
Reviewed November 11, 2009

We really liked Shiloh Inn. Big, clean rooms, nice property, nice pools and hot tubs, workout room, etc. Not in the center of town, but close enough to be in the mix. Excellent value.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2009

We stayed here for only one night while going to the Coachella Music festival. We booked at the last minute so were really lucky to get a place so close.

We wanted to check in early (as the music festival started at noon) and the staff were very helpful in getting a room prepared for us. There was free parking right outside the unit, and it was nice, clean and roomy.

We were missing towels which we had to ask for a couple of times, but they eventually turned up while we were out of the room.

Excellent spot to stay, just a shame we couldn't have made the most of our time there and enjoyed the pool etc.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Stayed here on a hot Sunday in September 2008. Was really happy with our choice. The girl on the front desk was really friendly & check-in was a breeze. Had a 1st floor pool facing room which i thought was really great for the price, very big with a sofa, fridge & balcony (paid around $80 for the night). After check-in we went for a walk around fantastic Palm Springs in the hot September sun. What a great place, this was my second visit & i enjoyed it as much as before. It was so nice to return to the Shilo Inn later in the afternoon & jump into their glorious swimming pool. They have a really nice pool there with a view of the desert hills beyond. I have read some reviews stating that the pool area is unkempt or untidy & that the pool is dirty. All i can say is when we stayed there it was very clean & cool. Although the weather was too hot for us to make use of the sauna! Breakfast was fine, nothing special but it was decent enough & eating it outside near the pool was very nice indeed. Would certainly recommend this place because of the great value.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Cupertino, CA
Reviewed August 7, 2009

My wife and I just had our second stay at the Shilo Inn and Suites in Palm Springs. For the money, I think it is incredibly hard to find a better place anywhere in the Palm Springs area.

The rooms are large, with separate bar area with coffee service and a fridge, and ours was very clean with nice towels. Free WiFi is hassle-free to use, and the ground floor rooms open on to TWO pools, one for adults only and one for kids as well as a hot tub. Another reviewer said the pool was dirty, and I have NO IDEA what they are talking about unless it was after a wind storm or something. The pool was absolutely crystal clear, and the grounds were pristine as well... I think this place is really well maintained, personally.

The staff is INCREDIBLY friendly and helpful, even when checking in late at night as we did. The bed was PARTICULARLY comfortable... I think they had a latex foam topping or something. When i asked about check out time, they even VOLUNTEERED that we could stay an extra hour if we liked. I have to say we really felt welcome here, even our dog was welcomed by the staff. We really appreciate the fact they allow dogs, and like all responsible pet owners, we are very careful not to let them relieve themselves in any of the common areas... I sincerely hope other pet owners do the same as we feel very lucky to be able to bring our pet along and stay in a decent hotel like this with our pooch for a reasonable pet fee.

The FREE continental breakfast was pretty good, with decent pastries and cereal, and I appreciated the fact I could get an English Muffin with jam on it. Its not fancy, but it is tasty and its free.

When checking out, I asked for directions to a Peet's Coffee before heading out across the desert... the clerk looked it up on a computer and then mapped it out for me on a map of the area... something i really appreciated, and DEFINITELY turned me in to a fan of this place. I think her name was Tasha, but she was very helpful and I appreciated the extra effort she made for us.

I just wish they had more of these in California - I think for the money it is really hard to beat!

Admittedly, we stayed in low season when it was HOT HOT HOT out, which also made the price particularly attractive, and for the money we paid - well less than $100 for the night - I think this place is a tremendous bargain. But even during high season, apparently this place is below $150, and I can see staying here at that rate and not feeling ripped off. Even though was stayed mid-summer, there were still a ton of kids splashing away in the pool, parents roasting themselves in the sun, iPod-clad teens trying to look cool, and retirees discussing whether they should to a museum, the local casino, or play golf.

Now I should admit I'm not a big fan of Palm Springs, and I'd never want to visit here over Spring Break or any time the college kids invade the region, but we will most definitely stay here again when we travel across the desert, and have nothing but good things to say about the staff and the travel value.

Keep up the good work, Shilo Inn and Suites!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Orange County
Reviewed June 25, 2009

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this motel. The first time, I had a pleasant experince. However, this place has really gone down hill. Rooms were not clean, very hard getting more towels from housekeeping, pool had not been cleaned in what looked like quite a few days, dog waste on the property, and their so -called "breakfast"..... a few stale danishes. I couldn't find anyone to help with the wafflemaker either. I had asked to speak to a manager, but there was not one onsite. No one ever got back to me either. I won't be going back here again. I have no idea what happened to this place.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Sunny California
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Wife and I really enjoyed our time at the Shilo. Room was big, spacious and clean. Bathroom kinda small, but not a big deal. There was a coffee maker, microwave and small fridge in the room. There is free Wi-Fi Internet throughout the place. Never woke up in time for the free continental breakfast, but Ricks’ Restaurant next door was very very good for breakfast,… mention you’re staying at the Shilo and they’ll give you 15% off.
The Shilo was great. They have two big pools with zacuzzis, one for families and one for adults only. Adults only pool was nice and quiet. Drinking beers poolside was a good way to relax. There’s no bar there, but you are allowed to take in your own drinks as long as there’s no glass. The place also has a small dry Sauna and a Steam room that is open to all it's guests, as well as a small gym. Not much in the gym, but definitely enough to get a quick work out (treadmill, elliptical machine, bike, multi weight-lifting machine). I read some reviews of people who complain about the staff, staff was fine… not spectacular, but fine (how much time do you really spend with the staff anyway, only about 3 minutes at check in). It’s a 5 minute drive into downtown… you could walk, but it’s way too hot in my opinion to do it. The Hotel is on the main street that takes you into Palm Springs. Overall, a very positive experience, especially considering the price we paid (under $100 on a holiday weekend through hotels.com). It's not the Ritz, it's just a family friendly place.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
St. Croix
Reviewed May 31, 2009

Nice clean hotel in downtown Palm Springs with 2 nice pools - one for adults only!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
#1 of 5 in Tropic
Bryce Canyon Pines
Bryce Canyon Pines
#2 of 6 in Bryce

Been to The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs? Share your experiences!