“Run by aggressive thieves.”

The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs
Ranked #65 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
San Francisco, California
“Run by aggressive thieves.”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

While the rooms here were clean, I watched the hotel manager, 'Frank' scream unnecessarily at a sweet little old lady while she checked out. The reasoning was unclear but I would never speak to an elder that way; it made for a very uncomfortable lobby.
My new iphone went missing while my boyfriend and I were swimming one evening, the only person that we saw enter the pool area was a hotel employee. When I inquired at Lost & Found I was treated like a paranoid schizophrenic which really boiled my blood.
I got home 2 days ago and my skin seems to be peeling from a really toxic amount of chlorine. I've never experienced this despite regular use of public/hotel pools.
Would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Just don't do it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jennafer c
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The hotel staff and management work diligently to deliver the best overall hotel experience to each of our guests. We look forward to another opportunity to exceed all of your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed her last weekend with several friends and family. My parents decided we would stay here a few weeks ago when they came to Palm Springs to find a place for our large party. They agreed on a price with the owner and made a reservation. When they showed up the day of the front desk person had no record of the reservation for 12 rooms. A little scary but they sorted it out and gave him the agreed upon price.
Pros: The rooms are really clean and spacious and all of them open into the court yard/pool area. It is great that they have separate pools for famlies with children and adults only. Even though we were a mixed group, the adults were able to drink and listen to music and the pools are close enough so that we could visit the familes with kids in the other pool. The hotel itself is about a $7 cab ride to the center of palm springs and there are resturants and bars on the same block.

Cons: So even though I'm pretty laid back, a couple of things did bother me. The pool was definately over chlorinated. My friend's olive colored shorts turned orange after a few hours. Then, for some reason they decided to kick every one out on sat afternoon to put even more chlorine in the mix. After that, the tips of my blond hair turned green. Not faint green, like neon green. The same happened to my friend. Now, I didn't complain about this to the front desk so I can't say how they would have handled the complaint. Even though this had never happened to me before, I googled it and found that it would come out in a few days (which it did).
Also, on sat evening one of the pool attendants and his friend started hanging out with us and drinking our beers. Not that big a deal they seemed cool but later, another guest saw them take one of our pool floaties (the expensive kind with the net on the bottom). She saw us looking for it and said the attendant took it. How nice, we thought, he saved it for us. Only no body knew any thing about it the next day :/
Another member of our group also had a brand new laptop disappear from their room. Could it have been the staff? You would think in this information age, when eletronics can be tracked, people wouldn't do this. The front desk promised to let them know if they found any thing but the whole thing seemed shady.
Would I stay here again? I like that they are laid back about drinking and music and they were a great price for how nice the property is. If I did I wouldn't bring any thing valuable to the room though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank kcdavis8
The hotel management and staff would like to thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us. The hotel staff works diligently to deliver the best overall hotel experience for each of our guest's and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels take you to the Palm Springs area.
Escondido, California, USA
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Each room opens onto the central courtyard which has a family pool and adult pool,gazebo, and fountain. And each room has a patio so you can enjoy it. Upstairs patios are more private. Seniors beware, this is an older hotel so there is no elevator. However, staff is very happy to carry your luggage upstairs. In fact, all the staff are very friendly and helpful which is why I gave this place an above average rating. It is probably why tour groups like this hotel too. Even with two tour groups in, the place was very quiet. It sits right on the main road into Palm Springs, but you do not hear traffic. My only disappointment was that the sauna was out of order. Otherwise for fitness fanatics like me, they had an exercise room & steam room.

Room Tip: Seniors will probably want to request a room on the first floor near the handicapped parking spaces.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sending us your feedback regarding your stay with us. The hotel is continuing to upgrade the guestrooms and public spaces. The hotel management and staff are committed to delivering the best overall hotel experience to each of our guest's. We look forward to your next stay with us when traveling to the Palm Springs area.
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Garden Vista the night before we hiked to the top of San Jacinto from the Aerial Tramway. I was very pleased with the size of our room, which had a king-sized bed plus a sofa and table/chairs. It also had two vanities with sinks - one in the bathroom and one outside the bathroom - and each had drawers. The room included a closet with an iron/ironing board, microwave, small refrigerator and hair dryer. The rooms have private balconies overlooking a large inner courtyard with two swimming pools and Jacuzzis. The refrigerator was a bit noisy, and if I hadn't been using it I would have probably turned it off, but that was really my only complaint. The continental breakfast consisted of bagels, toast, pastries, cereal, coffee and juice - nothing special, but more than you get at many places. The hotel is on the northern end of Palm Canyon, about a 10-minute drive from the tramway. All in all, a very good deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lisak313
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Lisa,
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay with us. The hotel management and staff strive to deliver the best overall hotel experience to each of our guest's. We look forward to your next stay with us when your travels take you to the Palm Springs area.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have never stayed in a hotel like this one. I will never stay in a another hotel but this one in palm springs. They let you do bbq anytime you want never heard from the front desk for the noises we were making. They let you feel like your home i didnt even feel lime i was in a hotel. It was like i was at home and did anything i wanted. Overall we had the best time.

Room Tip: Dont look any other hotels. GARDEN VISTA is the one and only choice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us. We will be certain to pass on your kind words to the hotel staff and management. We look forward to your next stay with us when travelling to the Palm Springs area.
Cypress, California
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I originally booked through Reservation-Desk.com...traveling with two older teens. I phoned the hotel to confirm our request to be first floor, near the pool. I spoke with David, at the front counter -- pleasant conversation. He informed me of the "adult" pool and the "family" pool. I asked to be closer to the family pool.
As we hung, an after thought had occurred to me. I phoned the hotel again to ask more a question concerning the pool. Unfortunately, the owner Frank answered the phone. I spent less then 5 minutes on the phone with him and have never been addressed with such anger from a business owner!
Frank, You, are a rude, angry, ridiculously hostile individual!
You will lose business because of your moronic behavior, as I'm sure I'm not the first whom you've spoken to in this manner!!!
I would rather pay double to stay at a less-equipped hotel than to ever patronize your business!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
14 Thank swebb70
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
The person who wrote this review did not stay at our hotel. We have contacted Trip Advisor to have the reviewed removed.

Travelers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My room was clean and spacious with a good bed. AC worked well and no noise from the neighbors. The two pools were great--one for kids and one for the adults. Overall, a very good bargain at $89 a night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
#3 of 5 in Tropic
Stone Canyon Inn
Stone Canyon Inn
#1 of 5 in Tropic

Been to The Garden Vista Hotel Palm Springs? Share your experiences!