“Great Food...Rude Service”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunny Dunes
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have eaten here a number of times and always enjoyed the food.
On Sunday evening my partner and I dropped in to take advantage of the early evening bar menu. We arrived at 515PM (the "early bird" ends at 5:30). We told the host/manager that we were planning on having the bar menu. He rudely said "then you have to sit at the bar and not in a booth because it ends in 15 minutes" Mind you there were only 3 other tables taken in the entire place.
We sat at the bar and although the bartender was very nice, the rude manager spoiled our dinner. I could understand if there were reservations for the booths but this was obviously not the case.
The food was good as usual.
During our dinner, 2 more tables arrived for dinner but by the time we left at 6:15 only 1 booth was occupied in the bar area.
I should also note that the early bird specials have also increased in price.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was there for the first time last night. I had a couple of gin martini's with blue cheese stuffed olives which were great. The service is wonderful and they aim to please. I had the wedge salad which was very good and also the meat loaf dinner for my main course and it was wonderful with the mushroom gravy. I will return soon. Had place to locate because it is between a car wash and a tire store and close to Rocky's Pawn shop. The outdoor dining seemed to be for smokers only and is not an everyday occurance.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Came here for the first time and was impressed. Located off a side parking lot across from a tire store the Roscoe Grill is kind of a hole in the wall establishment that doesn't look like much from the outside. Once inside it's a different story. Nice decor and comfortable booths along with a nice staff combined to make this a memorable first visit. My wife and I both had the Chicken Caesar. Generous portions and great dressing. The only downside was it was pressed chicken not fresh but not salty the way a lot of establishments make it.. Salads were around $11.00 each so price was not bad either. Would we come back?...yes.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Was recommended by a friend. Very basic ordinary setting at the south end, yet the food was terrific, prices low, atmosphere quiet, supportive. A place to go when you're tired of the search and want a good, reasonable meal! Locals are here.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My first time there and I was pleasantly surprised that an unsuspecting building on the outside would reveal and interesting and well done interior. Happy hour fills the bar early in the evening so if you're not there by 6 p.m. you may not get to seat at the bar where happy hour pricing is offered. We did not mind it was full, so we sat in a comforatble booth and enjoyed the scenery of the bar and art works on the wall.The menu is well designed in a more traditional sense offering great variety and specials recited by the waiter. We had wonderful grouper with fresh vegetables . The fish was prepared perfectly and moist and al dente fresh vegetables. The salad was a mixture of greens lightly dressed and chilled. My only suggestion would be to provide metter bread withthe meal. It was day old and not par with the rest of the food and atmosphere. Crisp warm artisan rolls would be more fitting for the caliber of food it delivers.
The service was very professional, efficient and knowledgabe. Everything they do they do is done well and worth a return visit if after the first time you are there. We wll be back!