Review Highlights
We loved the tour - so interesting!

We took Mod Squad's Interior Socially Distanced Tour with Kurt driving his car and us following in... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
BarbaraF1444
Minneapolis, Minnesota
TOP MCM Tour in Palm Springs!

Top on our list of things to do while in Palm Springs was an MCM tour, as we love MCM and know that... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
veronicasQ5777YP

Recommended experiences in and around Palm Springs
from $126.93
from $49.00
from $250.00
from $110.39
More Info
All reviews mid century his knowledge great overview design elements crash course essentials tour architectural tour highly recommend this tour fantastic interior genuine passion historical context greater appreciation tour today great tour subject matter celebrity homes kurt
Selected filters
Reviewed February 15, 2016

I am SO GLAD I took this tour. With only two nights in Palm Springs and a passion for mid-century modern and desert architecture I needed help to get value out of the short time.

The reviews on TripAdvisor do not lie.

Kurt is clearly passionate about architecture and design, he was a wealth of knowledge and historical context. This was not a tour from a script - we chatted, I asked questions and he tailored information and the trip to me. I was lucky as I was the only one on an early morning tour - so essentially a private tour.

I would thoroughly recommend this tour - and would even do it again and take the other tours offered.

Kurt is an active member of Palm Springs preservation movement and runs other events in Palm Springs too.

Date of experience: February 2016
PSmodsquad, Owner at Palm Springs Mod Squad, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words!

It was a pleasure showing you our fair city. I hope you come visit us again soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2016 via mobile

Kurt and the PSModSquad are amazing. We did an architectural van tour and I loved every second. Kurt is personable, funny, and insanely knowledgable. I loved learning about the history of old Hollywood and Palm Springs and even the current events happening. From local starchitects and famous homes of celebrities to new construction beauties, Kurt showed us everything in 1.5 hours in a nice air conditioned van with nice bottled water. We're looking forward to booking an interior tour with Kurt very a soon. Thanks Kurt!

Thanks, Kyle!

It was a pleasure showing you around and I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 8, 2016

We took the Essential Palm Springs Tour which consisted of a 90 minute van tour viewing important mid century landmark buildings and residences. Kurt's extensive knowledge of the architects, their buildings and the people that lived and worked in them was exceptionally informative and entertaining. By the end of the tour we had a deeper understanding and appreciation of this important time in Palm Springs history. We're looking forward to taking another tour with Kurt next year!

Thanks so much, Susan!

I look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed January 18, 2016

My girlfriend and I did the Interiors Tour and it was the highlight of our trip to Palm Springs. Our tour guide, Kurt, took us into three mid century houses dotted in various neighborhoods throughout the city, all while providing a fascinating narrative about the history of the homes, the architects involved, and the design elements used. In addition to being incredibly knowledgable, Kurt's clear passion was infectious, and we learned a good amount while having a lot of fun. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: December 2015
PSmodsquad, Owner at Palm Springs Mod Squad, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2016

Rich,
It was my pleasure sharing with you the incredible built environment we have in Palm Springs. We have amazing houses, not all of them famous, but their design just as incredible - that is what I am excited to focus on with our Interiors Tour. I adore Palm Springs and I love sharing it with others. All my best, Kurt

Reviewed January 18, 2016

We were in Palm Springs celebrating my Mother's 85th birthday. We booked a tour for four of us and Kurt was so accommodating.

The tour was amazing! He knowledge and enthusiasm is unsurpassed. We learned so much. Some of us were fans of Post Modern architecture and some weren't but by the end of the tour, we all had such an appreciation for the homes and buildings. Kurt had so much knowledge and the tour was so professional - never missed a beat and took his time. It was amazing, we highly recommend this tour!

Date of experience: January 2016

Thank you so very much for your kind words. It was my pleasure to show you and your family around Palm Springs. Whether you are a newbie to modernism or a full-fledged Modernista, I enjoy sharing the the amazing architecture of our fair city.