“Tiny space large sweets!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jake's

Jake's
Reserve with OpenTable
Jake's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 316 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Granvia Valmonte & Tamarisk
Description: Have a wonderful summer! Jake's will be closed for the summer re-opening on September 27.
st. charles, mo
“Tiny space large sweets!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were in Palm Springs for a week of sun & fun. Our last night we enjoyed dining at Jake's, which is located in uptown Palm Springs. I had made my reservation more than two weeks in advance & had requested outside dining, however, I think Jake's caters more to it's locale clients rather than their seasonal customer. I have dined here before thus why I requested outside: we were seated inside!! I didn't say anything, but rather just sat down, as the inside is cozy. I must mention all the tables were reserved, so if you go to Jake's k
Make sure & have a reservation.
The menu had a nice selection, from vegetarian ti surf & turf. The pricing was very reasonable and the servings very generous. I ordered the salmon dish & my husband ordered the special which had an oriental flair with shrimp, scallops, udon noodles. I also ordered the arugula salad with grapefruit sections, hearts of palm, blue cheese & spiced oecans. They were very generous with the pecans, however I needed a microscope to find the grapefruit & hearts of palm: the ingredients I was looking to enjoy the most!! Advise: skip the salad.
My husband likes to have a sweet treat after dining out, and he caught a glimpse of the desserts when he entered the restaurant. The cakes are all the very tall 3-4 layer types, & he selected the red velvet. It was described as having a pomegranate buttercream filling. The cake arrived & it was very cold, frosting hard & NOT creamy. We decided to let it come to room temp, but even with that, it was very very disappointing. It was dry & the frosting so sugary sweet, it could never get to the CREAMY stage necessary to achieve the SWEET FORK award. The diners sitting next to us ordered the sorbet ,which looked wonderful, 3 large scoops w/a small thin wafer type garnish. Advise: skip the red velvet!
In all, the main course was great, the atmosphere purely 'uptown palm springs', & very enjoyable. Make a reservation & enjoy with or without the RED VELVET

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“2nd Time The Same as First”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We recently ate at Jake's again. I am not going to go into any details other than to say nothing has changes since our last visit. The only thing they have going is the atmosphere.

The overall attitude of the staff is rather apathetic. They act as if the customer should treat them like royalty when the reverse is always true in a successful establishment.

The food is still average at best. The prices are outrageous for average food.

We will not be going back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SumaSetch51
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great space, good food.... and you can hear one and other!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wasn't able to obtain a Saturday evening dinner reservation so we decided to try for lunch and glad we did. Jake’s has a great atmosphere with a lovely intimate garden and a smart inside dining room. I ordered the seared Ahi with field greens; great light vinaigrette was the perfect accompaniment for the tuna. My partner had a very well prepared vegetable omelet. The horseradish bloody mary had great zing, even better on the second sample. Deserts looked great but too decadent for lunch! Can’t wait to go back and try for dinner.

Newton, MA
“Not so hidden jewel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was surprised to read the comments about service in some of the reviews. Ours could not have been better. Server was attentive without being intrusive. One of the owners came over during our meal to ask if how we were enjoying. We ordered the peanut butter pie for dessert and our waiter and both owners came over to ask how we liked it. Seems they just added it to the menu. If we had not just had dinner, I would have ordered another piece it was so good. A great ending to a very nice meal. The menu is has simple but interesting choices. Food is well prepared. The patio is nice place to eat. Plan on having dessert when you decide what to order. Just look at the deli cases in the next room and you will understand why!

Palm Springs, California
“Consistently good food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was my 3rd visit to Jakes and again I was impressed by the quality and freshness of the food. I had the Lobster special with sobe noodles and it was exceptional. The lobster was sweet and fresh tasting and the sauce with the noodles was superb, but not overpowering for the delicate flavor of the lobster. One of us had the ribs which looked and apparently were delicious, the pork chop also made top marks ( not an easy thing to do as much of the pork here is tasteless but this was not). I look forward to my next visit..

• 3 of 5 bubbles