“You get what you pay for”
Review of Royal Sun Inn

Royal Sun Inn
Ranked #22 of 23 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Paid $46/nt. Managers Special or some such. The place is dated, but all the old items in the room are actually clean. Shower did not work, we felt uncomfortable sleeping at night. The area is kind of creepy, a lot of marijuana smoking going on as well as weirdos in the parking lot. In my old backpacking days when I was on a budget and alone, it would have been OK. We did not stick around for breakfast. The view you see of the hills on the website is not accurate. Lousy door locks, which increases the insecurity feeling. Antiquated TV and fridge. I wish I could say more positive things, I think they try, but not much to work with.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sacstyle
royalsuninn, Webmaster at Royal Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Royal Sun Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• I am glad amenities and items I the room actually clean. Housekeeping staff was informed and received our commendations.

• Management and security were approached about the weirdos and lot of marijuana smoking in the parking lot that you encountered that made you feel uncomfortable and instructed to look into the situation.

• Management was informed to check the websites where the inaccurate information displayed and instructed to correct or replace.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Royal Sun Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased. We shall look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Royal Sun Inn

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed here last week on my way home and was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and quality of the room for the price. Breakfast was great and place was very quiet. Agreed, the place was very empty on a Thursday night. The young lady that checked me in was very nice, but the older two men I encountered later acted like they were bothered to be asked a question or give me my receipt.
Close to downtown so I could go to the Thursday night street fair.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
royalsuninn, Webmaster at Royal Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are extremely happy to hear that your stay with us was to your satisfaction.

We strive on making memorable experiences and we always look to exceed guests’ expectations.

Once again, we thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is a cheap 2* motel, and our experience would lead us to definitely stay again. We cannot believe the negative comments made by some reviewers. If you check out late, or use a hotel's telephone system in any way you are asking for problems. Yes, the place is a bit dated, but very clean. We found the staff very helpful. The pool surround is being fixed as promised, and the Jacuzzi is great. To complain about the breakfasts is ridiculous! There is everything you could want, and included freshly made delicious scones and bakewell tarts! The great king size bed too hard/soft? - we found it just right! All in all good value for money.

Yes We agree the walls/floor are thin (like many motels) - we would ask the management to politely request guests (especially with children) to minimise noise for the benefit of other hotel guests.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tessaanddennis
Reviewed December 2, 2013

1. Paper thin walls, floor, ceiling. I could hear the neighbors conversations perfectly. Walking above was a constant "creek creek creek"
2. Water pipes so noisy I wish I had a Decibel meter. Impossible to sleep after a neighbor flushes or takes a shower.
3. Paper thin towels, washcloths.
4. Soap that dries your skin out
5. Water pressure so low it can only be described as a "tinkle".
6. Mattresses hard as a 2 by 4.
We spent 3 days of sleepless torture here- never AGAIN!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank rossman1rb
royalsuninn, Webmaster at Royal Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Royal Sun Inn during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and observations and we take them seriously.

Upon receipt of your review, we have taken the following steps.

Hotel maintenance staffs have been trained to ensure that all amenities are perfect and functional.

Housekeeping staff received additional training in properly check and confirm the cleanliness of the rooms and amenities before checking in new guests.

We invite you to choose our hotel during your next visit to our area and experience a new hospitality.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

You get what you pay for, it is pretty much my personal minimum acceptable hotel I would stay in. That being said, it is above the minimum, so if you want to stay for cheap and just need a roof over your head and comfy bed, it makes the grade. Expect issues with everything as the place is tired and workers are most likely underpaid, however they all meet my minimum and we had a pleasant stay. $8.00 cab to the center of Palm Springs, good location to visit resorts and malls to the South also, Desert mirage, Palm Desert, etc. They keep it clean, folks are nice, works for me this time, next time probably the JW Marriott off Country Club Drive for a more resort type experience.

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Days Inn, Bedford for your recent stay while visiting in our area. We are sorry that it didn’t work out as you expected.

Thank you for calling our attention for further improvement.

Upon receipt of your review, maintenance has taken up the issues and started improving actions.

We are confident that this will match the expectations of any discerning guest.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will again stay at our hotel and are confident that you will be greatly pleased.

Sincerely

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Large room with TV, fridge and microwave. Large bed which was too soft for my liking. Average breakfast. Poor WiFi. If you like "average" you'll love this place. It's nothing special. I'd try somewhere else if I was in the area again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Royal Sun Inn and for your recent stay and the review.

We appreciate your straight review.

We definitely appreciate every kind of criticism and suggestions about our hotel.

In fact, it’s one of the only ways we can improve.

We are however continuously working to improve our service and amenities to the best level possible.

We shall offer a still wonderful experience with us during your next visit.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

1. Charged my CC without permission. Booked through Expedia under "Pay when you arrive". Gave my CC to hold the room, as I agreed to be responsible for it even if I didn't show up. Got there 2:30pm, 30 minutes before check in time at 3:00pm. Went to pay cash (don't like debt) and the clerk said very quickly, "were all booked up so we had to charge in advance." Told him about the Expedia program and got no reply. Currently trying to contact Expedia.

2. Gave my lady and I a room that had clearly been painted probably that morning. Like a toxic tent in there. thanksgiving eve so all motels were booked. Horrible.

3. There was a pile of dog poop in front of our door that never got cleaned up.

4. Location was decent, breakfast buffet eh

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Royal Sun Inn during your recent visit.

We appreciate the review and we take it quite seriously- for improvement.

We are investigating the Credit card charge issue with the hotel staff and shall take all necessary steps to avoid such unpleasant incidence.

We have enforced an effective cleaning program, and the housekeeping and maintenance staff have been specially instructed to check and confirm.

We also have given special instructions to the hotel staff to offer the best hospitality to all guests.

We are confident that you may consider staying with us in future and have a new satisfactory experience.