“Lovely place to stay”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #20 of 20 Palm Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Spent 1 night here and was very happy with the experience. The staff on the front desk were very nice. Room was great, clean and comfortable with everything you need. Our room 107 had a small sitting out area with table and chairs and a lovely view over the mountains. The pool was only a few steps away and the sun terrace has a great view, plenty of loungers. Breakfast was good cereal, toast, waffles, fruit, cakes, coffee, juice. Little breakfast room and places to sit outside in the warmth of the early morning .

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms 106 through 109 have a lovely green area outside, private and easy access to...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in April to attend Stagecoach. The other people we met staying there were very friendly. Most of the staff was friendly. The location was great. They definitely need more space where they serve breakfast, stronger coffee with more creamer selections and a few more seats to sit in once you have your food in hand. You can tell that this is a very old motel. But they do try and keep it up. The pool was decent. And some of the rooms have their patio open up to the pool area which is nice. I would deff stay at this location again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Lovin_life_Lola
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I'm not going to complain about the great rate and location, but I have to point out several flaws.

Some of the towels were unclean. There was dried blood on one of them and hair. Mysterious brown stains behind the bathroom door. I felt the room was unclean and drabby.

I didn't stay in my room much but you get what you paid for.

I had a really early check-out and they wouldn't be available to finalize my bill in the morning so I left the key in the room. I looked at my Visa statement and noticed they charged extra than what I suppose to pay. I made a couple local calls. I saw on their pamphlets local calls are free. I guess not.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
royalsuninn, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Ramada and the review.

We appreciate every kind of criticism and suggestions about our hotel.
In fact, it’s one of the only ways we can improve.

We apologize for the experience howsoever.

We would like to inform that we have taken appropriate steps and ensured that the rooms, amenities and everything are clean, up to date and guest friendly.

It is nice to note that you liked the location and also the rate.

We request to stay with us again and see the difference.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Not luxury by any means, but clean and price was very good. Nice pool and good location. Just a mile south of downtown Palm Springs. Average breakfast, could have had larger selection of items, but it was good for quick meal. Maid service was good. Room was cleaned whenever we got back. Will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We recently stayed one night here on our way to LAX. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Breakfast was ok just the usual in a very hot room so we ate outside. Nothing exciting about this place for us other than a bed to sleep in.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Both the front desk guys (Art and Mike) always make rolling into the Royal Sun a family experience. They are so welcoming and accommodating. The Royal Sun is a place we have been going for many years now and always enjoy our time there. Their rooms are nice size and roomy. It's located on the Curve of Palm Canyon Drive. It's tucked away though so you don't get a lot of noise from being on the main highway in Palm Springs. They have a nice pool and Jacuzzi area and breakfast is always good. Waffles, cereal and danishes. Eggs are offered for a nominal fee. Can't wait for our next visit!!

Room Tip: The rooms down front are mostly king beds with small patios. The ones that open onto the pool area...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We booked in to the Royal Sun Inn for 2 nights during our road trip. We had originally booked a double pool side room but decided to upgrade to another room (there were 4 of us). I was given reasonable upgrade rates and they were lovely rooms right next to the pool.

Rooms were clean and had everything you need in them. We had a great night by the pool one night using their BBQ equipment free of charge - a really nice little addition - and the views of the mountains while you're lazing by the pool are awesome. It was incredibly hot while we were there so it was nice to be able to stroll outside and in to the pool!

The breakfast was decent - we had waffles every day (being English, the novelty of a waffle iron was great!) and the coffee was nice and strong (unlike some other hotels we'd been to).

My only qualm is that, during the night of the BBQ, the toilet broke and backed up for no reason! I honest have no idea why it did it and I ended up having to sit holding the ballcock for 20 mins waiting for the guy to come and clean it up (I did a bit too, for which he was grateful for too!). He was very nice, really apologetic and helpful, even offering us another room. We didn't feel it was necessary as the carpet was only a little damp and we were leaving the following day (plus it was quite late at night). We we're offered a partial refund on our rate for the night to make up for the toilet breaking, which, although I had to push for a bit, is a really nice gesture and I am very grateful for it as it could have ruined our holiday! This shows great customer service.

Overall, a pretty decent place - it's not the Hilton, but it's clean, it's got a pool, it has nice views, in a decent location, breakfast is included and they're friendly. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a pool side room, it'll help when it's super hot out and you want a quick dip. I also re...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends