“Staff is lovely ...rooms are great. and pool is divine.”
Review of Colony Palms Hotel

Colony Palms Hotel
Ranked #26 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Los Angeles, California
“Staff is lovely ...rooms are great. and pool is divine.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

LOve this Place....It's quiet. has a real since of the old Palm springs history. The rooms are clean and well appointed. It's close to everything and DOG Friendly... one of my favorite hangs in PS.
PS I love you!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The grounds are meticulous. The vibe is serene.. The staff is excellent. Privacy -food and ambience are all over the top.
We would definitely come back again.
I would suggest they change their policy and say "No children allowed".

• Stayed April 2013
long beach
Reviewed April 6, 2013

If you are looking for an amazing getaway, and if you want to take your little four legged friends, look no where else than the Colony Palms Hotel. We have been going there for five years, and this review is long overdue. Thank you to David, Jason, and Christine for making this our home away from home. They treat us like family and look after our needs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stopped in at the hotel in the afternoon and asked how much for the next two nights. They quoted me one price which was too much and as I started to leave they offered me the price of $199.00 a night. That sounded good to me! I was thrilled. When I checked out two days later my bill said that I owed an additionall $26.00 a night as a "resort fee." So the room cost $225.00 a night NOT $199.00. I feel I was tricked. Hotels don't tell you the real price anymore. They suck you in and then stick it to you. Now we all have to read all the fine print on every reservation we make online and we have to grill the front desk as to all the little extras they will sneak in on us. I will never go to The Colony Palms again. I don't trust them. The federal trade commission has sent letters to the large hotel chains telling them that the "resort fee" policy is not a policy that they should be making. Let's do all we can to put an end to it.

Room Tip: Ask about resort fees.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Hiltop10
Long Beach, California
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We absolutely love CPH! We've been staying there since 2009 and have always had a wonderful stay. In just a few years the plants have matured into part of this oasis, creating a hidden gem near the heart of downton. We find the staff is always attentive and pleasant. The front desk staff is always there to help out and make restaurant recommendations without disappointment. All the employees are pleasant from the pool attendant, the engineer, the landscaper, wait staff - everyone is very pleasant and eager to assist.

As for the rooms, we have tried the entry level room all the way to their giant two-story suite, and everything in between. Our favorite part is the pool and especially the bar! Have we had some fun afternoons there!!

The crowds are mixed and the only time we've seen families with young kids is during spring break. We learned not go go during that part of the year to avoid any screaming. Our experience even then has been that parents understand that it is a mostly adult hotel and they at least try to mitigate any screaming from the young ones. I can appreciate this. At least the parents make an attempt to keep their kids from screaming.

We were there a few weeks ago and are planning on our return shortly. Can't wait!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ArtP674
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The location of this hotel was ideal for our stay. You have your choice of valet or self-parking. Once parked we didn't use the car it again until our departure, which was way sooner than we would have preferred. Just about everything one needs is within walking distance.

Check-in was simple and friendly. As we arrived quite early that day we pre-registered and they held our luggage until the room was ready. If you want to maximize the day at the pool simply change in the spa area. We found they offer complimentary coffee and newspapers poolside until about 10am.

The grounds are absolutely beautiful and relaxing with all of the lush plants. This hotel is neither too big and just as important for me, not too small. I believe there are about 50 rooms total spread around the property. There is seating at the pool and in other areas too if you want. The cabanas were very comfortable and away from the pool. The restaurant and bar called the Purple Palm offers service inside and out. We skipped breakfast but had a very good lunch there, choosing to sit at the bar and admire the beautiful view of the mountains. I was very impressed with the wide range of liquor offered, not just the typical offerings you would expect.

Our room was very pleasing with plenty of closet space and a very impressive mini-bar with lovely glassware, coasters, martini shaker, etc. The bed was extremely comfortable with soft white sheets and comforter and great pillows. Our bathroom was huge and the toiletries the kind you gladly take home. We didn't see any children at the pool when we were there but I've read some families do bring their kids.

We didn't use the spa but I simply had to give perfect marks for everything else as we did not have a single complaint. The entire staff including housekeeping and maintenance were always greeting us and it was almost embarassing when they would hold a gate or stand out of the way when you pass. Very professional and I really appreciated the attention. One of my pet peeves is when the staff carry around walkie-talkies and you can hear their conversations outside your room. I noticed here they wear small headphones and mic.

Our entire stay was great and we intend to return as soon as possible. If you find yourself in Palm Springs but aren't staying here I would recommend you at least stop by and have a drink or a meal and see for yourself.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have always been a big fan of Palm Springs. Finding a place that allowed for a chilled relaxing vibe was very hard, until a friend told me about this secret hideaway.
The Colony Palms Hotel is the BEST !!! I travel to the desert twice a month for work and always stay here. I have been in love with the property for over 9 months !
The staff is so friendly and kind. The property is just gorgeous. They have beautiful water fountains, a variety of seating area's and a amazing pool. It is a small hotel, which gives you a feeling of seclusion. The food is amazing and very fairly priced. I have the opportunity to stay anywhere in the valley and I am addicted to the CPH. I could not find a better way to unwind from a long and stressful work day. The location is fantastic. You can walk to downtown for some nibbles and shopping. But really why would you leave paradise ?
I have told many friends about it and they have thanked me countless times.. If you want a treat go to the Colony Palms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business