All reviewspurple palmcasita roomboutique hotelpool areamini baroutdoor fireplaceromantic getawaypoolside servicegreat boutiquemid weekold schoolbeautiful poollounge chairsthe parkersmall hotelthe main dragdowntown area
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Stayed at this hotel and had a good experience, though I wish I would had opted for the larger room than the bottom price room which had a large spacious bathroom but the bed area was tight, wish they would not have had the leather seat in that area because it made it a little to tight for me. But on the plus side they do have a great little mini bar area that had nice size bottles of liquor and there is also a fridge for drinks etc.. They also supply you with nice glasses and mixing tools for your martinis or cocktails. The rooms are clean and well maintained.The pool is great and the bar and restaurant are very good to.

Room Tip: if you choose to go and you can do it spring for the next level up room from the bottom rate to get more space and I think I will be perfect!
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I booked this room as a weekend getaway for my boyfriend and me. I am so happy I chose this hotel. I definitely impressed him with the choice. I was a little apprehensive because the price was a bit steeper than I wanted to pay. Another plus, the pool/jacuzzi was open 24hrs. During the day there were no vacant poolside lounge chairs and no one in the pool. The location is perfect and central to shops & restuarants. When we arrived late in the evening, the front desk lady was very polite and helpful. We stayed in a standard king room #35 and it was more than standard. We basically had a full bar in the room, very large shower for two, and spacious room. I had the best sleep in that bed!!! Very comfortable. We slept until 12pm everyday. The walls are solid and quiet. OK, now I need to talk about the Purple Palm restaurant on the property... AMAZING! We both ordered a glass of wine with a cheese selection, the 16oz rib eye, and the pecan pie. I am a steak person and I am pretty sure that was the best/biggest steak I have ever had. I did not want it to end and our waiter David was fantastic with great personality. There was nothing special about the dessert though. Love the decor of the hotel. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room on the top level.
1  Thank Sweetpeaks
Reviewed October 24, 2011

As arriving to the hotel we got greeted by the Valet/bellmen they were friendly and very helpfull. They help me with my luggage and walked me over to the lobby. As for the front desk they seemed rude and snooty. it was like hitting a speed bump on my mini vacation i got my room keys and was escorted to my room by the helpful valet/bellmen have a few laughs and chuckles as we walk over. We arrived to the room the valet/bellmen unloaded our things and showed us our room where everything was. Our room was very nice just a bit small. House keeping was up to par and pool was great nice little pool, just on the weekend we went the pool area was crowded and not enough places to lounge. Over i enjoyed my stay exepct the snooty and unhelpful front desk staff and even the manager was snooty and rude. As for the Valet i felt they treated us like if we were VIP.i notice they were a contracted valet company called Minute Man Parking Co. No wonder the snootyness wasn't passed down from the front desk to them.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This hotel made the trip to Palm Springs completely worth it. Upon entering the reception area, we felt like we were on vacation immediately.

After our 2-night stay here, we can confidently say that the attention to detail in all aspects - design of the room and the grounds, customer service, spa and the food - were unparalleled.

Do not skip the restaurant! Every morsel we had here was delectable, from dinner to breakfast.

Other boutique hotels should look to the Colony Palms as a superb example of what a boutique hotel should be.

1  Thank susan4520
Reviewed October 11, 2011

my husband and I stayed here for a mini-moon after our wedding and couldn't have been happier! The grounds are beautiful, the room was great...we were in one of the casitas. It was a perfect getaway - there were no kids around, it was very peaceful, the pool was great, the restaurant was superb, drinks were amazing! I got a massage, which was also wonderful. The services/drinks are a bit pricey, but the room rates are pretty reasonable and everything is totally worth it.

Room Tip: The casitas have private bath tubs on their patios...amazing.
1  Thank jsipe