“Exceeded our expectations”

Reviewed December 11, 2007

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisar3064
Reviewed November 22, 2007

We had a Deluxeroom and stayed 2 nights. The room is quite spacious, the bathroom is definitly spacious with a tub, shower and a separate toilet. The ambiance is really colony style, the pool is good, also the jacuzzi. Bathrobes are complimentary and free of charge. Tons of thick towels. Very friendly staff at the reception. Free coffee and tea at the bar in the morning. Parking space next to the hotel and also free of charge.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MeinMuc
Reviewed November 21, 2007

I've enjoyed Palm Springs more and more over the past few years. All of the upscale hotels seem to have something to offer, but no hotels have it all - beautiful grounds, well trained articulate staff, excellent food and a great energy. I know it's asking a lot, but coming from LA where you can have anything you want, my wife and I are looking to be blown away.

The Colony Palms exceeded all expectations. The grounds are so misleading from the street - it's truly a hotel you don't need to leave once you arrive. You HAVE to try the restaurant but make reservations first! My only complaint was that locals swarm the place and we were not able to get "prefered" seating as a hotel guest but that only meant we had to wait an extra 20 minutes, a small price to pay for the quality and presentation of the food.

Polite valet, attentive desk staff and the cleanest rooms I've ever stayed in (and I'm a Four Season traveler.)

When you are in Palm Springs, spend the extra money on a one of their Casitas and enjoy the Hotel that offers it all.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mojay
Reviewed November 13, 2007

This is a charming hotel with a very helpful staff BUT the thermostat is set at 72 degrees and ran at 74 degrees. No one can change it to a lower OR higher temperature. I was unable to sleep in the heat. People may wish a warmer or cooler room for various reasons, but you can't have this here.

If this were an environmental reason, then there would be solar panels, recycling bins, native plants, and fluorescent bulbs. There was none of that, so the reason must be to save money.

If they would change this issue I would stay there again, but if the comfort of their guests is not important I sadly will have to find another hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank stirlingmonkey333
Reviewed November 5, 2007

I recently had the pleasure of spending 4 glorious days at the newly renovated Colony Palms Hotel in the heart of Palms Springs & the original Movie Colony neighborhood. I have been a Flight Attendant for 21 years, Domestic & International,so I speak from experience of having spent many nights in all types & classes of hotels around the world. Now. to add a twist to this review, I am a resident of Palm Springs and was to begin a 3 weeks vacation right here in my home town, starting with lunch at the Purple Plum Restaurant at the Colony Palms Hotel. As I was dining pool side with a spectacular view of the San Jacinto Mountains, I requested a tour of the grounds & to particularly have a look at one of the Casitas, which are set apart from the rest of the Hotel. I could not resist at this point but to book Casista #8 for the next 4 days! I hoped for rest & relaxation with beautiful & peaceful surroundings and this is exactly what I experienced AND MUCH MORE! From the king size bed with the top of the line bedding(I had to force myself out of bed each morning)to the lucious bath towels & robes that are provided for the oversized glassed-in shower & for the tub/jacuzzi on the spacious private patio---I knew immediately that these 4 days would exceed my expectation, and they did! How lovely to return to my Casita each evening to find my bed to be turned down to just fall into. I dined several times at the Purple Plum Restaurant,I everyyhing was outstanding. I can honestly say that the Angus Burger with goat cheese & pesto shoestring fries is the best anywhere! Therefore, my advise is to run, don't walk, to this new "Oasis in the Desert" for dining or for a wonderful "get-a-way".You will be glad that you did.Thanks to a very professional & effecient staff, I am writing this review as it is evident that they have succeeded in bringing a lovely hotel & restaurant to Palm Springs that I will happily recommend to everyone.

Stayed: October 2007
3  Thank sunsetPalmSpringsCa
Reviewed November 3, 2007

Called a couple of days before to confirm my reservation. They said they had no record of it. I couldn't believe a small hotel could have
so much trouble getting their books straight. But with some back and forth - which should not have been necessary - my reservation was confirmed.

After arriving at the parking lot of the hotel I was thinking "Oh my gaahd, what kind of cheap motel did I accidentally book?" At most, it
felt more like an apartment than a hotel. Their website was definitely posh and slick and nothing like what I came upon. The hotel was in the middle of a remodel - I wish they would have had the
courtesy to inform me when I called a few days earlier so that I could have had the option to change my mind.

And it's not really located downtown - it's actually at least 2 -3 blocks to the restaurants and shops downtown. So in the dead of the summer heat, you have to drive the few blocks as it's unbearable to walk even a block.

To get to the reception, I walked past the pool, which was a scary murky green with 2 people sunbathing in the middle of the afternoon -they like being crispy fried I supposed. It reminded me of a Holiday Inn atmosphere.

I was greeted by a very sugary sweet (read: not genuine) desk staff and was told I was "upgraded" to a room with a fireplace - uh, how is
that an upgrade when it's 110F outside...hellooo?! So I asked to be put in a regular room without the fireplace.

The room, thankfully, was very boutiquey w/ exotic decor, excellent linens, very comfy bed, robes, super spacious shower w/ 2 shower heads with great water pressure, etc.

Because the room was as presented on the website, I give it a 3 raing
rather than the 2-rating the rest of the hotel earned.

• Stayed: August 2007