Colony Palms Hotel
Parker Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
$305
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$111
$90
Ace Hotel and Swim Club(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$196
$149
  • Pool
Caliente Tropics Resort(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$72
Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Restaurant
Hilton Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$136
$130
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Pool
The Saguaro Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$129
$134
$128
$149
$119
All reviewspurple palmboutique hoteloutdoor tubpool areamini bardeluxe roomromantic getawaypoolside servicegreat boutiqueold schoolmid weekprivate patiobeautiful poollounge chairsopen hoursthe parkerthe main strip
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Just spent Labor Day Weekend at the Colony Palms. It was my third time at the hotel, and again, it was tremendous. The staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating. My room was ready when I arrived at noon and I was poolside in minutes. This is the perfect hotel for a relaxing weekend in PS. The rooms -- namely the beds -- are comfy and uniquely decorated. I had the good fortune of staying in a Casita which has a wonderful outdoor space and an outdoor tub. Everything in the room is chic and top notch. The grounds are gorgeous and perfectly manicured. The pool area is pristine.

I broke up my trips to the Colony Palms with a stay at the Ace for the sake of  variety. The Ace was... Fine. But it just made me appreciate the Colony Palms that much more. You can't even compare the service between the two hotels -- particularly poolside. Management goes out of their way to converse with guests, and you get the idea that they genuinely care about whether or not your stay is a good one.

In addition, the hotel just seems to attract an eclectic, cool group of people. The vibe is always mellow, and I find myself often falling into conversations with random people. No pretension. No bachelor party vibe. Just people looking to relax.  It's the kind of place where it feels like you know people when you actually don't, and I chalk that up to the way the place is run and beautifully maintained.  I'm looking forward to the next chance I can get back. And again, The Colony Palms is the ONLY place I'll stay.

One last thing... I also treated myself to a massage on my first visit and it, too, was top notch. And like everything else in the hotel, it felt personalized. Just awesome.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Zterps
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Plush bedding, nice comfy room with moroccan decor. Rooms shaded, feels like an oasis in the midst of Palm Springs. Everything in relax mode. Pool area nice and peaceful, pool a bit warm. Palm Restaurant mediocre though.

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2011

My fiance and I just left from our relaxing wknd getaway at the Colony Palms. It was just what the doc ordered.

We arrived on my bday. The ladies at the front desk were friendly and accomodating. Valet was included with our stay, the first of many perks to come. When we got to our stylish rm we remembered we wanted to request a clawfoot tub. We called the front desk to see what they could do. The manger, Jason not only found one but upgraded us to a suite overlooking the courtyard. What a treat! That evening we enjoyed a candlelit dinner at the hotel restaurant, poolside and under misters to stay cool. The clam and mussel appters were amazing! To end the night we were surprised by our server with a complimentary bday creme brule. Amazing as well.

We spent the next2 days lounging at the pool in the lush central courtyard, stocked with plenty of lounge chairs, umbrellas, fresh child water, and the always necessary misters. The pool was always the prefect temp.

What sets this place apart is the little touches. The pool is open 24hrs which we took advantage of both nights. The property is surrounded by trees, fountains, and the music playing everywhere created the perfect ambiance. This place was everything we we're looking for in a short getaway from San Diego.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank santero78
Reviewed August 26, 2011

The Colony Palms hotel is a true Gem. I never write reviews but the property was so lovely and the employees working there were so wonderful I couldn't help myself. The rooms are really wonderful and comfortable beds. Really clean and nice rooms. The grounds were well taken care of and the pool and Jacuzzi really awesome. The hotel bar by the pool terrific. The food at the hotel was some of the best hotel food I have ever had and i have traveled all over the world. The staff couldn't have been more helpful from the valet to the gardners everyone was pleasant and only to happy to help. I will be back for another escape.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Recently stayed at The Colony Palms Hotel (deluxe room) in Palm Springs with my husband for our 6 year wedding anniversary. We found the hotel and stayed via a Groupon offer and couldn't have been happier with everything during our stay. The hotel has a Moroccan theme that is just beautiful and very chic. Even though the hotel is right in downtown Palm Springs, with the mountain views and the way the hotel is set-up you feel like you're completely alone.

The staff was very friendly and helpful with all of our requests. The food at the Purple Palm Restaurant at the hotel was delicious and affordable (housemade veggie burger and coconut water/honeydew gazpacho were amazing). We also had relaxing spa treatments (accupressure facial and deep tissue massage), so we never found the need to leave the comfort of the hotel grounds.

The guests at the hotel are a great mix of 30-somethings, foreigners and small families. Everyone staying there was also very friendly and respectful of noise and space.

The only downside for us was the bed, it was big but it was extremely soft. Also, if you stay in a deluxe room option ask for a room with either a clawfoot tub or fireplace! Some of them even come with private balconies!

We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple