“New Hot Spot”

Ranked #30 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Redondo Beach
“New Hot Spot”
Reviewed October 28, 2007

My husband and I arrived at the Colony Palms Hotel on October 14, 2007, excited to get away from our 13-hour workdays and to visit a friend staying in a neighboring condo. We had used a third party hotel reservation broker online. Unfortunately, on closer examination of our printed "confirmation," we discovered it was a fraud, and the hotel, understandably, had no record of our reservation. The assistant manager, Bryan McGee, took pity on us. Not only did he book us a room without prior reservation, but he selected for us his personal favorite, #3, a quiet, spacious, and well appointed king room. As if that weren't kind enough, he honored the rate on our faux confirmation for an upgrade from the room we'd originally selected. Wow, now that's service!
Once that crisis had been averted, our stay was impeccable. The linens were top quality; the palacial, Moroccanesque decor was impressive; the pool, adjacent to a hip, open-air, top-shelf bar was large and refreshingly cool; and every staff member we encountered, including the executive chef, was extra friendly. Our only regret was not getting to try the restaurant, whose menu looked amazing.
If you like a boutique hotel atmosphere with more amenities and space, Colony Palms will deliver!

Stayed October 2007
3 Thank bluestraveler23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
NEW YORK
Reviewed October 13, 2007

This is the best hotel I've stayed at in a long time!! I really enjoyed it.
First of all, I usually don't care TO much about the design of the hotel I'm staying at but I have to say I was really impressed with the way this place looked. It has a very "Old Hollywood" feel to it, which can be a cool vibe if done well.
The rooms are cool and sheek but still manage to be cozy. One of my favorite things about the room is the bed. It's honestly one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Not sure if it's the mattress or the bedding but it's pretty amazing. The shower is really nice as well. The room also has cool details like an ipod radio as well which was nice because if you want music you just plug in your ipod and you're set.
I would abosolutely recommend the restaurant. The food and service was great and it had a great vibe.
Ther hotel had an overall cool vibe. It had a cool, hip crowd without being to pretentious, which was nice. I personally can't stand when places try to hard to be cool because it usually ends up being lame. The colony seems to have done it right.
I never do the review thing, but I actually felt inclined to tell people about this place. It's just all around GREAT. Give it a shot.....you won't regret it.

• Liked — The Vibe
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank whitney80
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed October 12, 2007

My best friend from Oregon and I stayed at the hotel over Labor Day weekend. Upon arrival we were taken back by the design of the hotel - let's just say that every last detail imaginable was thought of when constructing this hotel! Not only is it one of a kind in terms of design, the service was also immpecable! We were greeted by a woman named Georgette who was very pleasant and welcoming. The room we stayed in was very large and very true to the pictures posted on the website. By far one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in!

The Purple Palm restaurant is somewhere I could eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner - It is really that good! My favorite dish I ate while I was there was the Ahi Tuna - order it, you won't be be dissapointed!

I have spent time at the Viceroy and The Parker, and no doubt the Colony Palms is the best place to stay in Palm Springs. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank ak310