“No guest relations experience at all, worst motel 6.”

Motel 6 Palm Springs East
Ranked #70 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed October 25, 2012

GM is rude, checked into a dirty room bed wasn't even made. Then charged an extra room night to my credit card, when I called to have it reversed I was told I was making it up and didn't know what I was talking about. I faxed them a copy of my credit card statement I received a call from a Stewart Walter who was blatantly rude and obviously had no guest relations experience at all. I was then yelled at for not knowing what I was talking about and he refused to reverse the charge and gave me a bs reason why he didn't have to and said he was gonna leave it up to his GM to deal with, cause he was tired of talking in circles with me. Poor customer service, terrible guest relations, Staff has inadequate training, rooms are dirty and outdated. I understand its a motel 6 but they should show good hospitality at the least.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Brod316

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This place is very inexpensive. The rooms are small and the bed spreads are old fashioned in appearance. Does this sound enticing? Nevertheless the room was remarkably clean and quiet. The bath rooms have been renovated and are clean. Looking for a free breakfast? Nope, you won't get this either. But if you want to save a buck, this is the place for you. And guess what? This place is only a short drive from downtown Palm Springs!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jnichols
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel is around "the bend", for those of you familiar with that southern turn beyond the downtown area.
Cons: some of the folks staying there are definitely puzzling: a couple sitting in their car ALL DAY on a hundred degree day; an upstairs man giving me the most malevolent look of my life when I pulled in my second afternoon; and an affable man with a cute little dog, that I didn't realize was dealing drugs out of his hotel room until I saw how many people were cutting across the grass area to "visit" his room.
Pros: other folks I met were really nice, friendly, and normal.
The grounds are green, green, green and the pool is large. The shade of the palm trees is perfect for cooling off and reading a book. My best memories were of doing just that with my dogs.
The neighborhood is just beautiful - an early morning cut across the street will bring you into a high income area with a mix of bed and breakfasts and the Palm Springs well-healed (without being ostentatiously healed). There are SO MANY cute little hotels and convenient shopping centers about a mile down the road.
Though I don't see myself returning, it's not out of the question because I liked the staff a lot and will just focus on the good memories . . . but I did want you to know about some of the regulars (?) who stay there so that if that is an issue for you, you can look elsewhere.

Room Tip: You'll feel safer if you ask for a room by the front desk.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This was our first Motel 6 experience. Everywhere else that was affordable was booked solid as it was a special event weekend. The price was reasonable and they would take the poodle, so we took the room. The first one we went into reeked of smoke, even though no smoking is permitted. We moved to a different room that smelled better. The rooms themselves are very tiny and cramped. The shower stall was tiny too. It got very noisy at night, when guests came home from the bars. However, the management dealt with that very efficiently and quickly, and soon all was peacefull again. The rooms are clean, though, and the property well maintained in a basic plastic kind of way. The staff here are great though. The people we dealt with (housekeeper, front desk and maintenance) all went out of their way to be be helpful and accomodating

Room Tip: over the pool, not over the parking lot is probably quieter, even though closer to the road.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ZLI
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Good, quiet budget accommodation in a very expensive area. Not too far from a local market which is an alternative to the very overpriced restaurants in Palm Springs. Convenient to major streets leading to Interstate 10.

Room Tip: Avoid downtown Palm Springs during the late afternoon and early evening. Allot of traffic and horre...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Gadfly1
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We needed a place to stay in between our other long term reservations while we were in Palm Springs. Motel 6's are not usually our first choice, but I must say this one is different. The staff is extremely helpful and obliging and the manager lives on site. The gounds are spacious, clean, and the pool area is very inviting. Our little dog was welcome and at no charge. Our only complaint was the bed. My wife found it quite uncomfortable.
If you need a reasonable, clean, friendly place to stay in Palm Springs, then this may be your answer.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank OJM1276
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I have stayed in all kinds of places from high end resorts to common motels (and even worse). There are many places I've liked, but I always like to try new places. So, if there is a place that I return to time and time again, it is a place to stay.

Make no mistake, the rooms are pure Motel 6, and not even the most modern version of Motel 6 with the fake wood flooring and euro-styling, but this is my favorite Motel 6 in the entire country.

Why? Well, it was one of their first (number 9 I think) and it has a style not present in their cookie cutter motels from later periods. It sits in a nice quiet curve in the windless part of Palm Springs. There are a couple of nice places for dinner within walking distance. The pool is massive for a Motel 6. The landscaping upscale. I really enjoy drinking the free morning coffee at one of the sheltered tables. Town is a hike, but the bus stops right outside, wisking you either downtown or out to the other towns in the valley. I especially like riding over to El Paseo and Rancho Mirage.

I always ask for an upper room overlooking the pool if posible (which makes watching your car a bit more difficult). The laundry and vending area is clean. The employees helpful. The price is OK, but has been creeping up over time.

Will I return? You bet I will.

Room Tip: Upper floor is better. Pool view is better.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo