2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$399
Hotels.com$399
Priceline$399
FindHotel$399
Travelocity$399
Orbitz.com$399
1,838 results
All reviews don devine chi chi bedroom bungalow family pool main pool grounds are beautiful adult pool girls weekend old school the entire staff the main street love this place full kitchen close to downtown pools valet spa
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2019

I thought I was just staying at a regular airport hotel in downtown Palm Springs but it was like a vintage Shangri-La with all of the modern amenities! The bed had to have been the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. All of the staff were so welcoming and helpful. Too bad I was there for less than 12 hours. I absolutely loved it. I can't stay here again!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Karina S, General Manager at Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear leahc339

Thank you for your wonderful 5 Star rating and delightful review! Our location in the heart of downtown Palm Springs is truly an 'oasis' for our guests to enjoy!
We are so pleased you enjoyed our amenities and felt so well cared for by our dedicated colleagues.

Something tells me two words may be inadvertently missing from your last sentence, perhaps "wait" and "to" "I can't wait to stay here again". :).

We thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2019

We would return in a heartbeat! Loved the charm, the oasis you have created. Landscaping and room layout was stellar. Enjoyed the grounds, pool and the proximity to the downtown shopping district. We had a room with a private patio that was so special.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Ipwillerup,

Thank you for your exquisite 5 Star rating and exceptional review!

"We would return in a heartbeat" says it all! What a wonderful description you gave, as we truly are an 'oasis' in the heart of downtown Palm Springs. We are so pleased you felt so comfortable with your accommodations, and enjoyed our overall relaxing ambiance.

We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2019

Will definitely go back. I went for much need relaxation, and my stress level dropped by 90%.
Loved that the pools all had deep ends, not interested in wading in water that is 4 to 5 feet deep :)
Very relaxing environment. Loved reading in the evening with the door open.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Camper29525508216,

Thank you for your terrific 5 Star rating and wonderful review! Who doesn't love stress levels dropping?? We are so pleased you enjoyed our overall relaxing ambiance!

We thank you for being with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2019

Loved The Avalon! Exceptional staff! Mario Mora goes above and beyond! Peaceful, beautiful setting! Clean and comfortable rooms. Lovely pools. We never took out our car since the location is close to everything. Rode the complimentary bikes.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Navigator734003,

Thank you for your outstanding 5 Star rating and exceptional review. Your very kind words have been shared with Mario. We are so pleased you enjoyed our overall ambiance and amenities offered. Indeed our location in the heart of downtown Palm Springs is superb!

We thank you for staying with us and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2019

I stayed here for my last night in Palm Springs after staying at another hotel for Coachella weekend.

The room decor was lovely, the staff were pleasant if a little overbearing.

The bed was very comfortable.

In the morning I noticed a lot of bugs in my bathroom, I didn't say anything before I left because I was in a rush to get back to LA for a meeting later in the afternoon. I emailed them photos of the bug (ants I think?) and heard nothing back at all. I sent them photos that I took of a couple of the bugs, there were probably about 100 of them in total, all over the bathroom floor, crawling up the toilet and bath...

I emailed them again asking for them to at least acknowledge my complaint about the room, and telling them that I was not satisfied with their level of customer care. Again, the email has been ignored.

I would say this hotel is fine as long as you don't come across any issues during your stay, if not, good luck trying to get any kind of response from them.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank indiebotts
Karina S, General Manager at Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Dear Indiebotts,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the unintended lack of communication regarding the ant issue. We searched for your emails, to no avail. Again sincerest apologies! We have extensive monthly treatments throughout the entire property to avert such issues.

We are pleased you enjoyed the overall room ambiance, our attentive colleagues and your comfortable bed. Thank you for staying with us.

We wish you safe and happy travels.