3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$367
Expedia.com$367
Priceline$367
FindHotel$367
CheapTickets$367
Orbitz.com$367
1,836 results
All reviews don devine chi chi bedroom bungalow family pool main pool grounds are beautiful adult pool girls weekend old school the entire staff the main street love this place full kitchen close to downtown pools valet spa
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2016

From the moment we walked through the doors of the Avalon Hotel we were treated as special guests. We received sparkling wine upon our arrival and were warmly greeted by the hotel manager Don D. All of the hotel staff were extremely helpful and friendly. We arrived early and they invited us to use the hotel facilities while we waited and then our room was ready less than 30 minutes later. The hotel grounds were beautiful, the 3 pools were clean, the atmosphere was relaxing and upbeat. Our 2 bedroom bungalow was decorated beautifully, the beds were comfortable and we had everything we needed for a spectacular vacation. It was also very nice to have a restaurant on the property for a delicious latte and breakfast. I would 100% recommend this hotel and hope to come back someday soon. Thank you for the extra special treatment Avalon Hotel...it was appreciated.

Room tip: Stay in one of the bungalows, it's worth the privacy and quiet nights.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank karril_13
Karina S, General Manager at Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2016

Dear Karri L,

Wow, it sounds like you really took full advantage of what our property has to offer. We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. We, too, look forward to you coming back.

Reviewed September 6, 2016

I couldn't be happier with my experience here. Drinks were good, service was fast, and my room was lovely. The grounds are well kept, all 3 pools are clean (and open 24/7!), and the food was delicious.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank ilovecats69

Dear ilovecats69,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We're pleased that you had an enjoyable experience. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed September 5, 2016

I really enjoy staying at the Avalon in Palm Springs, and have stayed multiple times. As a matter of fact, I am heading back there tomorrow. The location is ideal, walking distance to all of the action downtown on Palm Canyon Drive. However, it is just far enough away to be quiet and feel secluded in the historic Tennis Club neighborhood.

The bungalows feature 1 and 2 bedrooms, Chi Chi's restaurant is very good, and the grounds are amazing. I love all three pools, and the service is usually very good. If you request a specific room, the management always tries to make that happen with a smile.

I generally just park on the street as there is plenty of parking, and the valet spots are not covered anyway. The valet is always super friendly even though I usually just pass by.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family without hesitation. It evokes a certain je ne sais quoi from the minute you walk in the door, and all I can say is that you feel like you are enjoying Palm Springs as it was intended to be.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank onyxhotels
Karina S, General Manager at Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

Dear onyxhotels,

I'm am thrilled that you were able to enjoy exactly what the Avalon and Palm Springs encompass. Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you again to the property.

Reviewed September 4, 2016

Positives:
Arrived earlier than check in time, room ready and we were upgraded to a "pool view". Room large, clean and good range of bathroom accessories.
Pool really nice, gets warm as it is surrounded by hotel rooms. Plenty of loungers.
Young man on valet parking (coveting from L.A) really nice, friendly and polite.
But....
I don't feel that this is a resort and charging $35.00 per night is a bit much. Included is valet parking which we did use, but to be honest there is plenty of on-street parking.
I would think twice about staying again largely due to resort fee.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Kerzy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad we were able to accommodate an early check in for you and that you enjoyed the grounds. I understand your concern with the resort fee. Should you like discuss them, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed September 2, 2016

I used to live in Palm Springs when I was a news reporter for one of the local TV stations, so I'm familiar with almost every hotel in the desert area. The Avalon Hotel is absolutely my favorite resort hotel. It feels like classic Palm Springs in every sense and you feel like you've just entered an oasis in the desert the moment you step through the grand entrance doors. The grounds are pristine, the decor around the resort and in the rooms is very chic, the pools are beautiful, the views of the mountains are amazing, and every staff person I've ever encountered has been extremely courteous.

This past June, my boyfriend and I wanted to escape the chaos of Los Angeles so we went to the Avalon. Now you know it must be a spectacular hotel for us to voluntarily go to the desert in June when it was 104 degrees! That tells you how much I love this place. We decided to splurge and got a two bedroom bungalow, and it was absolutely heavenly.

My final bit of praise is for Don Devine, the Manager of Guest Services. He is an absolute delight! Don is what every person who represents a hotel should be - welcoming, personable, helpful, and always has great tips for the best places to check out in the area.

The hotel is just two blocks from downtown Palm Springs, so you don't even have to get in your car during your stay if you just want to keep things simple! But there is nothing "simple" about this hotel - on every other level it is EXTRAordinary. :)

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank TanyaM2543

Dear Tanya M,

My gratitude for all of the wonderful praise! We do have quite the oasis in the desert. I'll be sure to pass on the kind words to Don Devine. Thank you for making the trek to the desert heat and we look forward to seeing you on your next Palm Springs visit.