My husband and I spend 6 days at the Viceroy Palm Springs. The signage on the front of this hotel is very subtle and if you blink you will miss it. Parking is on the street or valet. We found plenty of parking on the street but the valet was included so that was nice. We were escorted to our rooms and shown around the complex. Our room and bathroom was quite small but cutely decorated. The room we had was definately in need of some TLC but was very comfortable. This complex is very very quiet.
The complex itself is beautiful in the old Holloywood sense. The grounds were very well kept and the fruit trees were wonderful. There were 3 pools but room around each pool was very limited. One night they had a "crooner" playing by the pool who sounded fantastic. If I wasn't completely exhausted I would have gone out to listen. There were free bikes to take out on a marked bike route around the city. My "Audrey Hepburn" bike was so cute. About a 5 minute walk behind the hotel is a trail up the mountain that was absolutely fantastic. It is a challenging climb but what great views!
Be aware of "resort fees"!!!! I booked this hotel through www.perfectescapes.com. At the time, this site didn't mention any resort fees and the website at the time did not mention them either. Surprise!!! I had to pay it anyways and was extremely mad. I contacted the website company and they said that the Viceroy's old website had the resort fees indicated but the new one didn't. Too bad for me, I still had to pay for it. We had received a great rate on this hotel and budgeted accordingly. An extra $200 for the week is a lot. I may not have stayed here if I was made aware of the resort fee. I am glad that we enjoyed this hotel so much that I was willing to overlook the matter a bit. Would I stay again? Maybe....no resort fees....definately!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel box nestled in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, the historic Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs rests at the foot of the rugged San Jacinto Mountains on four acres of fragrant, beautifully manicured gardens. Its Spanish architecture punctuated by a series of secluded, private bungalows, calls forth the iconic, storied Golden Age of Palm Springs, exuberantly updated with Hollywood Regency interiors by renowned designer Kelly Wearstler. At Avalon every experience has been hand-curated by a team of collaborators and bona fide hotel aficionados. You might say it's a calling. A penchant for wanderlust. A mind for singular retreats and unrepeatable vibes. We hold an affinity for one-offs, anomalies and the irrefutable allure of a personal touch. Our trademarks are small batched. Think of us as your own private hideaway. All you have to do is stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Viceroy Hotel Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Viceroy Hotel