Stayed for 2 nights during a family holiday in California. Wanted to go back to Palm Springs having visited it with the wife in April 1993 on our first trip to California and we were sold on the area. Booking.Com offered a the best deal and we got the Viceroy at a really good rate for a family room as not many places in Palm Springs could offer family rooms. As with a lot of Californian hotels you end up being charged a daily resort facility rate for using their pool? Viceroy was about $25 a day plus tax.
It was a pleasant experience and the family enjoyed the stay. The room was small for a family room with limited storage space but it was very clean and the beds (2 x Queens) very comfortable. The day we arrived our room was not ready which was a bit frustrating after a 4 hour drive from Las Vegas but the staff were very apologetic. There are 3 pool areas which are usually full by about 10.00am. You can never be sure whether a sun bed is free or not because the guests just leave their towels on them when they leave. 2 of the pools are designated as adults only but this appeared to be ignored by some families without any apparent complaints? They are small but water nice and warm
We didn't eat in the hotel as there were a number of good restaurants nearby that had been recommended - Chop House and Grind Burger Bar did very good food.
Take a trip in the aerial tramway - fantastic view of Palm Springs and surrounding areas.
The Valet car parking team were very friendly and full of useful advice and tips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel box nestled in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, the historic Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs rests at the foot of the rugged San Jacinto Mountains on four acres of fragrant, beautifully manicured gardens. Its Spanish architecture punctuated by a series of secluded, private bungalows, calls forth the iconic, storied Golden Age of Palm Springs, exuberantly updated with Hollywood Regency interiors by renowned designer Kelly Wearstler. At Avalon every experience has been hand-curated by a team of collaborators and bona fide hotel aficionados. You might say it's a calling. A penchant for wanderlust. A mind for singular retreats and unrepeatable vibes. We hold an affinity for one-offs, anomalies and the irrefutable allure of a personal touch. Our trademarks are small batched. Think of us as your own private hideaway. All you have to do is stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Viceroy Hotel Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Viceroy Hotel