Spent two nights at the Viceroy mid-week just before Christmas as a little getaway with my boyfriend. My favorite thing about the hotel is the staff. Everyone was incredibly friendly and did their best to accommodate my schedule and wishes. I had hope to get massages just after arriving the first day and the spa manager brought in two additional therapists to honor my request. The bar tender was friendly and made excellent night caps after a long day. We had an upgrade from a King pool room to the weatherly suite. The suite is ridiculously large for two people and it is strange to have a huge television in front of an uncomfortable sofa in the sparse living room. The bed was super cozy and we spent our whole time relaxing in the bedroom so we probably would have been better off in the King Room. The pools looked lovely but it was very cold the two nights we were there and we spent our time hiking, dining, etc. The proximity to the main "drag" of restaurants etc is great if you like being able to walk. I have to agree with other reviewers that the overall feeling of "lipstick" renovation on an older motel property is hard to shake. Things like old tubs and uncomfortable furnishings feel cheap. The oversized toiletries, great bedding, amazing shower head help make up for the things that need upgrading. We had a great off season rate so it was easy to brush aside but if I was paying top dollar, I think I would have been a little disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel box nestled in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, the historic Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs rests at the foot of the rugged San Jacinto Mountains on four acres of fragrant, beautifully manicured gardens. Its Spanish architecture punctuated by a series of secluded, private bungalows, calls forth the iconic, storied Golden Age of Palm Springs, exuberantly updated with Hollywood Regency interiors by renowned designer Kelly Wearstler. At Avalon every experience has been hand-curated by a team of collaborators and bona fide hotel aficionados. You might say it's a calling. A penchant for wanderlust. A mind for singular retreats and unrepeatable vibes. We hold an affinity for one-offs, anomalies and the irrefutable allure of a personal touch. Our trademarks are small batched. Think of us as your own private hideaway. All you have to do is stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Viceroy Hotel Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Viceroy Hotel