Drove down from the Grand Canyon to Palm Springs, arriving late afternoon. We found it difficult to find the Hotel Entrance and it was my wife who spotted a small sign; Viceroy Valet Parking. The receptionist was very helpful and explained that the car would be taken care of and our luggage taken to our room. The car keys were retained by valet parking. The following day I needed access to the car and went to reception to pick up the keys. I was told that I could not have the keys and they would call the valet to open my car. When I queried this arrangement, i was told that it was a precaution to prevent any damage to other vehicles. The irony was that no cars were in that line of parking and, of course, you are obliged to tip the valet for the minor task.
The inside of the hotel was fashionable with the option of having meals and drinks served outside adjacent to one of the pools.
The room was clean and pleasant with a view over the pool. We were concerned that it might be noisy, but it was quiet and we did not see many people.
This hotel was booked through Trailfinders and they described the accommodation as Premium Studio with Breakfast. The hotel gave us a voucher when we arrived for breakfast, value $30. We ordered the cheapest item on the menu and coffee and the bill was $41.76, inclusive of tax and gratuity.
Every time you used the valet service you felt obliged to leave a tip.
Although the Hotel was lovely, it did not feel a relaxed stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel box nestled in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, the historic Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs rests at the foot of the rugged San Jacinto Mountains on four acres of fragrant, beautifully manicured gardens. Its Spanish architecture punctuated by a series of secluded, private bungalows, calls forth the iconic, storied Golden Age of Palm Springs, exuberantly updated with Hollywood Regency interiors by renowned designer Kelly Wearstler. At Avalon every experience has been hand-curated by a team of collaborators and bona fide hotel aficionados. You might say it's a calling. A penchant for wanderlust. A mind for singular retreats and unrepeatable vibes. We hold an affinity for one-offs, anomalies and the irrefutable allure of a personal touch. Our trademarks are small batched. Think of us as your own private hideaway. All you have to do is stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Viceroy Hotel Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Viceroy Hotel