This hotel was such a disappointment. I have stayed here in the past and had a good time, but the hotel has completely changed. The front desk clerk was SO RUDE! I made reservations months in advance and called the hotel to stay in the Regency Court. When I checked in, the front desk said that a wedding had taken over that area and I could not stay there. No apology was offered and since the hotel was busy, the only rooms available were in the front of the hotel on the street (so much for peace & quiet). The manager stood at the front desk the entire time and never once uttered a peep, apology or even made eye contact.
Then, the room! Oh God, the room! This was an awful room that looked right out of a horror movie! I don't know how this hotel has any repeat guests if they are renting out these rooms. Located under a staircase and next to a parking lot, the room was dingy with cheap furniture that looked like old Ikea that was never properly assembled in the first place (falling apart). A loud air conditioner in the corner welcomed you to what felt like the basement. There was a huge wall out about five feet (making one of the World's smallest patios), so you basically had a tiny view of the sky and that's it. The bed squeaked if you even looked at it, so hope you don't move at night, otherwise you will wake up the entire building. Even down to the door of the room (no self closer, you had better make sure you lock it behind you, and the lock sticks too). The room also didn't have the required California law posting about check in, check out, fire escape (I think we'd all die if there was a fire in this pit of a hotel).
The bathroom was an absolute joke! The toilet was actually installed crooked and the toilet seat was so old and worn that the white was wearing off! (How much is a new toilet seat, like $10?) The tub faucet was pulling away from the wall. The bathroom was only provided with two bath towels, one face towel and one washcloth. Hope you don't actually need a towel for anything. The tub/shower combo is a cheap, plastic one piece unit like you had in your first apartment. It creaks and the water pressure will take your skin off.
Oh, and the WiFi in the room never once worked. I called the front desk (different person, same RUDE attitude), but the maintenance worker did nothing about it and we never had internet in the room.
I could go on and on about the shortcomings in this hotel, but let me sum it up. Stay somewhere else! The price is too high, the quality is too low, the service is too poor, the rooms are too shabby, this hotel is over! There are so many better choices in Palm Springs, like under a bridge instead of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel box nestled in the heart of downtown Palm Springs, the historic Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs rests at the foot of the rugged San Jacinto Mountains on four acres of fragrant, beautifully manicured gardens. Its Spanish architecture punctuated by a series of secluded, private bungalows, calls forth the iconic, storied Golden Age of Palm Springs, exuberantly updated with Hollywood Regency interiors by renowned designer Kelly Wearstler. At Avalon every experience has been hand-curated by a team of collaborators and bona fide hotel aficionados. You might say it's a calling. A penchant for wanderlust. A mind for singular retreats and unrepeatable vibes. We hold an affinity for one-offs, anomalies and the irrefutable allure of a personal touch. Our trademarks are small batched. Think of us as your own private hideaway. All you have to do is stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viceroy Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Viceroy Hotel Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Viceroy Hotel