“Front Desk Review”

Courtyard Palm Springs
Ranked #29 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The one star review is for the desk clerk that was working the day I checked out.
Even though she knew I was checking out she kept asking me if I wanted to sit down (in the chairs across from the front desk) . She seemed confused.
She then mentioned she had saved the last morning paper for me because I was a special person. Other people had asked her for it but she saved it for me. I'm a female so I started to think she was flirting with me. She was overly personal and intrusive. She knew I was just going next door to the Renaissance and asked if I was driving or walking.
Marriott needs to re-train their employees. Some guests don't need or want extra attention or idle meaningless chit chat.
I had a late check out. Hotels usually have room managers or supervisors walk the halls to check which rooms are still occupied after the usual check out time. A male employee knocked on my door and proceeded to try to open the door (I had the door security chain in place) or he would have walked right in the room.
This is a older hotel but it was clean. Ask for a top floor room facing the pool. This is your best choice for a quiet room.

Room Tip: Top floor on pool side
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
pspalms, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing our location and for your comments. I am so sorry that you felt uncomforatble with our desk agent, she was probably trying to go the extra mile on service. Yes our managers do walk the hallways and check on rooms consistently. Since you had a late check out the front desk staff should have informed the manager - I am so sorry that did not happen and I will use your comments to retrain my staff. I am glad you received your room request and you enjoyed the location. Again, Thank you for your comments and I hope you stay with us again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great location. Close to downtown and the Spa Casino. Pool was very nice, and had a shuttle service to the airport. They had a cont breakfast we could not use because we had very early flights. Rooms were nice as was the staff. Would stay there again. Close to the airport.

Room Tip: Close to casino but you still would want to drive
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for staying at our location - I appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We do offer a variety of breakfast items in our Bistro every day as well as evening dinner service 7 days a week. Next time when you visit us - please enjoy one of our signature breakfast sandwiches like the Sunrise Starter it is delicious. Our complimentary shuttle service is a plus to the airport as well as the downtown areas in the evening hours- our guests value this service we provide.

Again, thank you and I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was staying at this hotel on Marriott rewards - it changed my mind about the level of Courtyard Marriott hotels. This hotel has an updated lobby with modern touches, booths and tables to lounge and play cards or use the internet, next to the breakfast/coffee/bar. There is also a pool and hot tub, as well as a small exercise room. Even the shower products were modern - Paul Mitchell! Staff was friendly and helpful, and the establishment was clean and manicured. Free parking, small hotel (3 floors) so you can get around the whole property easily, and room came with a mini-fridge... Not too far from the main Palm Springs downtown strip area (maybe 3 blocks), so you can walk around and it's not far from the freeway, either. Would I stay here again? Absolutely.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank missjae15

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for staying at our location and for all of the great feeback. I truly appreciate you taking the time to write about our wonderful hotel. Our new lobby is great with all of the modern features that we have to offer as well as our Bistro that is open for Breakfast and Dinner. I hope you can visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just needed a hotel for one night & this was fine. Very quiet with no road noise or people noise in the corridor. Great pool & outside area for relaxing during the day or in the evening. Large parking lot.

Room Tip: Great having a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kenthols

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing our location for your stay. i am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. Thank you for the great feedback it is always appreciated.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Okay so you would not expect a Courtyard to be a resort and it is not. This Courtyard is fairly along the lines of any Courtyard you might want to stay at. We'll stay here if we are just stopping into town with no intention of using the pool or any other amenity. If we were looking for a place that had a nice pool to hang out at, it would not be here. But the rooms are nice enough, the staff friendly, and there is a nice place to grab a quick bite or drink in the lobby area. Location is not far from the main drag and Palm Springs is a driving town anyways.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel but I found hairs in my bed and in the shower. and my garbage can had trash in it upon arrival. The front desk personnel were very accommodating and friendly. The location is not great, but they do have a shuttle that will take you to the trendy part of Main St. for food. Overall a good experience though, I'd come back.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing our location and for your feedback. My sincere apologies for the condition of your room. We take great pride in making sure our rooms are cleaned well and we fell short of your expectation. I have brought this to the attention of our housekeeping staff. I am glad you enjoyed the shuttle service to the downtown area. Our location is about 1 mile from downtown Palm Springs. We are also close the Palm Springs Airport and provide complimentary shuttle service to the airport. Our Staff takes pride in serving our guests and I glad you experinced our service.

Again, thank you and I hope you visit us again.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I needed a hotel close to the Airport for one night and choose the Courtyard. They have a convient shuttle to and from the airport and to some locations downtown. The rooms were "Courtyard Standard". I recommend the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
pspalms, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and Thank you for staying with us. Yes our hotel is located just 6 minutes from the airport. It is very convienient for our guests. I am glad you were also able to use our shuttle to the downtown area which we provide in the evening hours. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.