“A good Choice close to the Airport.”

Courtyard Palm Springs
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I needed a hotel close to the Airport for one night and choose the Courtyard. They have a convient shuttle to and from the airport and to some locations downtown. The rooms were "Courtyard Standard". I recommend the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
pspalms, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and Thank you for staying with us. Yes our hotel is located just 6 minutes from the airport. It is very convienient for our guests. I am glad you were also able to use our shuttle to the downtown area which we provide in the evening hours. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We spent there one night on Aug 25th. The room had a very bad smell (cigarettes and something else). The balcony door was broken and we were not able to enjoy the pool (and the fresh air!). Next morning we were both awakened by children running upstairs.
Staff was very nice and breakfast was good, but overall our experience was bad. We will not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. I am sorry your stay was disspointing and not upto Marriott standards. I am not sure if you voiced your concerns to the front desk as we would have made sure the items got fixed or we could have moved you to another room location. Again, my apologies and please give us a second chance to make things right for you.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We've been staying at the Courtyard Mariott at 1300 Tahquitz Canyon Way for at least 15 years as our kids did competitive swimming in the area. The staff has always been helpful, professional and friendly. Stacie at the front desk especially. We recently spent 3 nights there beginning 8/18/2012. We stayed by the pool and found it relaxing and under used, which is why we chose to go her during the hot months. There are several good restaurants in the area including close by downtown Palm Springs. The breakfast at the hotel was also good and complimentary by AAA. My wife and I had no complaints and will definitely be going back next month before rates go up.

Room Tip: We have liked to stay on the first floor with a room that viewed Palm Springs mountain
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again. Thank you for also recognizing Stacie - She is a wonderful asset to us and takes pride in going the extra mile for our guests.

Again, thank you and hope so see you soon

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This a great hotel with an outstanding group of people at the Courtyard Palm Springs at 1300 Tahquitz Canyon Way.
I stayed there for one night on 8/18/12 with my husband. Some friends of mine also had a room for the night. At everypoint during our trip we were taken care of and accomodated. Stacie was definitely the highlight of our stay. She was able to find a room for me to check in to as early as noon on my arrival date and she blocked off a room for my friends right across the hall so that as soon as it was ready we were sure of having rooms close to each other. She gave us recommendations for what to order at the bistro inside the hotel and let us know what time breakfast and dinner were available. She accomodated our request for a late check out and really went the extra mile to make sure that we were all completely at ease and satisfied. She is very friendly and clearly knows the ins and outs of her job and the hotel.
The room was spacious and comfortable and it was very easy to control the A/C which is a must, of course, in Palm Springs! The bed was very comfortable and they have the black out shades so we could make it very dark in the room.
The ladies at the bistro were also very gracious and kind. They made us all feel completely at home. The food was very good and, in my opinion, better than the one meal I had a local restaurant.
Lastly, I left one of my belongings in my room and did not realize it until I arrived back at home. I left a message with housekeeping and received a prompt call back and was informed that the item had been found and would be returned to me within the next couple of days.
Overall I was highly impressed with excellent treatment and accomodations at the Courtyard Palm Springs. Although I do not travel to Palm Springs often, when I do return, I will definitely stay at this hotel again! I have stayed at a few other Courtyard Hotels but none of them compares to the high level of satisfaction I have from my stay at Courtyard Palm Springs.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dharmini C

Dear Guest

Thank you for all of the great comments and positive feedback. I truly appreciate you taking the time to do this as well as recognize Stacie who is an asset to us. She takes pride in serving our guests. I Thank you for staying with us, and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hotel was complimentary stay for us due to loyalty program, so that made it acceptable... But, the room A/C generated a constant pool on/in the carpet in front of it...soaking an area about 3 feet by 2 feet. The elevator to the 3rd floor is very rough, noisy, and scary...stairs are a better option. And the rest of the amenities are simply very basic. Oh yes, and the pillows are extremely lame (flat).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harvey-Priscilla

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay here at the hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We value your feedback. I understand how the items you mentioned can be very disspointing. In regards to the AC - we did have some issues due to the high humidity that we were experiencing in the desert and have found a solution. The elevator issue has been fixed. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel near the airport in Palm Springs. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The rates are very reasonable. However, there is one major shortcoming. There is no restaurant. I arrived late (midnight) from Florida via Los Angeles. The hotle airport shuttle was on time and very clean. However, when I asked about getting a bite to eat before retiring, they pointed me to the vending machines and their hotel store stocked with potato chips and microwave frozens dinners. My fault I guess for not reading the amenities page closely. The next morning was more of the same. They have a coffee bar with pastries. Get out your wallet. Nothing for free at this hotel. Nothing in walking distance either. With 110 degree heat you might die of exposure trying to get to a restaurant. If I go back I will look for something downtown close to restaurants and convenience stores.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor so you have no one over your head and bring your own food.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay here at our hotel. I appreciate your feedback. I am not sure what tiem you arrived from the airport, but our Bistro is open 7 days a week from 5pm-10pm and in the mornings from 630-930 am Monday- Friday for breakfast and from 7am-10am on the weekends. I am sorry you were not able to get anything to eat. We do offer our market place if you need to get a snack after 10pm. We do have two restaurants within walking distance and our front desk should have informed you. Again my apologies.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

got a great deal on priceline . well worth the money . here are the positives: free parking, great lobby ,good little eating area-great place to meet up with friends to chat , travel center where you can print out your plane tickets , free internet , clean rooms and nice bedding lots of pillows , nice work space area , frigerator in the room , and most importantly great service and friendly people . the only negatives I would say there is no defined parking area check in and the pool is just a simple pool with mediocre lounge chairs .

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for the positive feedback about our hotel. It is great to know you had a wonderful time and all your needs were met. In regards to the pool area I am working on enhancing that experience for our guests especially here in Palm Springs. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you again.