“A quiet home away from home retreat with superior customer service.”

Courtyard Palm Springs
Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I needed to be out in Palm Springs for some quiet downtime and chose a 4 star property near to this one, I didn't choose this one, at first. The 4 star property was a TOTAL NIGHTMARE. It was overrun with screaming children in the pool till all hours of the night. Even with the glass door closed in my room and the A/C on, in a fifth floor room, you could hear their shrill screams. I had stayed at this property, this Courtyard, a couple of years ago and quite liked it, and only a glorious website lured me to the other 4 star property. Not only was the four-star property noisy anywehre you ventured with out of control children, the doors to the rooms were painted a hideous, nauseating bright orange like from a Howard Johnson's in the 60s. I called the Courtyard Marriott late at night to see if there was anything they could do for me. Krystal at the front desk SAVED ME from the nightmare. She told me to come right over, and not only that, took the trouble to look up my old reservation from two years ago and found the room I'd previously stayed in. It was not available but the room right below it, which was identical, was. Krystal held the room for me while I raced over there. She even arranged to have the room shown to me to see if I liked it and liked it I did. Good-sized balcony, beautiful view of the mountains, better than the 4 star property, and blissful quiet, a nice sitting area with coffee table and couch, and an excellent air conditioner that was not overly loud and yet managed to cool down the room to perfect comfort despite the 108 degree weather. Krystal was utterly professional. But it didn't stop at Krystal. Someone at this property is doing something right. The staff is impeccable from top to bottom and no problem was too difficult for them. Matthew at the new bistro restaurant in the hotel is a gracious host and he enjoys serving and helping people. He made excellent meals for me and guided me well through the menu, consistently making excellent recommendations throughout my stay. The chardonnay I was served by Matthew at the bistro was surprisingly good and delicious. One night, a cricket got into my A/C unit and nearly drove me crazy. Despit it being late at night, Nani, at the front desk, who is like a beloved aunt to the guests, made it no problem. She immediately moved me to another room, no questions asked. This is a sign of an excellent hotel, where the customer is accommodated, and when a difficulty arises, they try to make life easier for you, not harder, which some hotels can famously do. In addition to Nani and Krystal and Matthew, Thomas, who works the graveyard shift, is shockingly gracious and helpful, and takes painstaking amounts of time to help each guest find and discover a great off-property restaurant and bar, and is good listener. Jaime who works maintenance and security, was also a huge help to me during my stay. The pool is small but there was always room for a few relaxing laps, and even though there were children, just as two years ago, they were respectful of the other swimmers. This Courtyard seems to attract guests who are respectful of each other, it's just a phenomenon of this hotel, I can't explain it. The breakfasts at their bistro are enormous and delicious, they offer Starbucks, a full bar at night, and tasty dinners. (I do though miss the waffles they used to serve here, I hope they bring them back). So what more can you want? A gym? They've got that too. It's small but well-equipped with an eliptical trainer and two treadmills, as well as free weights. The gym has purified drinking water available and a good supply of workout towels. Unlike a lot of Palm Springs properties that are right on the street, this one is set back a bit, with nice park benches to sit on beneath some beautiful trees so you can chill and enjoy the beautiful scenery. I wish I'd gotten the name of my housekeeper, she was superb. I did leave a tip every day of my stay, which as someone who once worked in the hotel business, I highly recommend. Leave a tip of every day. Your appreciation will always be rewarded. I would leave her instructions for some of the things I needed and when I got back to my room, my instructions were 100 percent of the time followed to a tee. Look, someone's doing something right at this property, which is a soothing home away from home for the business traveler, who isn't looking for the insanity of a party central resort hotel, but still has the pool, the bar, the restaurant and a sweet lobby with huge screen computers, free wi-fi everywhere, free parking...Need I say more. Congratulations to the manager of this hotel who runs a well-kept property that is staffed with people who feel more like newfound friends than people just doing what the job calls for. Bravo to the staff of this hotel. Take a bow. You guys are great. P.S. And my bigger nicer room at this property was way less expensive than the 4 star nightmare I started out at just down the block.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Hgood1
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Palm Springs

Reviewed July 29, 2011

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at this facility. The room was very clean and the staff were super friendly. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I was concerned about this hotel after reading some recent reviews. We liked this Courtyard and would stay here again. We were on the first floor and it was quiet despite having a couple of teenage sports teams here. The beds were comfortable and the pool was big enough. Breakfast is pricey at $8.95 for the buffet. We got great fresh healthy food at Fresh & Easy which is very close. We drove to town (too hot to walk!) and didn't have any trouble finding parking.

Room Tip: Call ahead to request adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SoCalMomof3_11
Reviewed June 16, 2011

The reception area was being refurbished so the hotel had set up a temporary area. Check in was swift and we went to our room – there was a really bad smell of damp which was clearly emanating from the bathroom. The room had two double beds, a comfy chair, an office chair, a large unit which housed the flatscreen television (cable channels) and a tiny fridge. There was an air con/heater unit but no thermostat which meant it was too hot or cold and the flat pillow didn’t help either. There was a showerhead over the bath – although there was a strong smell. Parking was free and breakfast could be purchased for about $9 per person. This wasn’t the Marriot standard we have experienced – it was more like a Super 8 experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I was attending a meeting at the Palm Springs convention center and the Renaissance was booked up. Marriott said this hotel was "right next door". It's not, it's a good 10 minute walk down a thoroughfare that is unlit and very dark at night and there is a vast open desert field where there are at least a few homeless people in temporary shelters. The hotel is very isolated without restaurants or bars nearby. Downtown is about a 20-minute walk away and the walk back at night is unsettling (only because it is so dark).

There was signifcant construction going on and the front lobby was closed. Perhaps they will reopen with upgrades.

The pool is tiny. OK if you have children that want to splash around but not much more...

Internet service was good. Easy to get to the airport and the hotel has a shuttle.

The staff were great, very friendly and helpful.

I would suggest looking at one of the many hotels closer to downtown over this one...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2011

travelling on business through Southern California, was due to stay here for two nights, after a long 12 hour day checked in at 830pm only to find no restaurant or bar, (I was told that I could phone in using local restaurants, many of which stop this service after 9pm)
Room was clean, bathroom clean but in need of refurb, however the most depressing was the green colour scheme which made it feel like a retirement home.
The place was like a ghost town at 830pm, and there is NO WAY you can walk to DT palm springs at night from this hotel, its too far, you need to take a cab.
Breakfat was an unforgettable experience with a waitress who was more interested in telling everybody that they were closing for a 3 month refurbishment and she wasnt sure if she would have a job.
Enough said, I checked out a day earlier and moved into another hotel more central

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Read a few reviews before i booked this hotel and was a little concerned, however I need not have been. The check in was easy & quick, no over powering smell in the lobby, the room overlooking the pool was spotlessly clean spacious & had all the amenities you could want from this class of motel.
I only had one night here but if I had the time to stay longer I would have had no hesitation.
We walked into the centre of Palm Springs for a meal & it was about a 15 min walk, felt very safe.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple