“Good budget hotel”

Days Inn Palm Springs
Ranked #47 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed March 26, 2006

Me and a friend of mine stayed at the Palm Court Inn for the weekend. Our room was nice, large and very clean. The hotel is rather dated, but it's maintained well. I booked this as a last minute trip and it was the only thing I could get, but it was alot of fun. The pool area was nice, lots of chairs. However the crowd in the hotel was older, or with families... not a bad thing if you are yourself older or have children.

The location of the hotel was a bit further from the downtown area than I would have liked, but still a very short drive.

• Stayed: March 2006
8  Thank Juga79

Reviewed February 12, 2006

Looked scary as we drove in. Found our room to be nice & clean & perfectly situated above the pool/jacuzzi area. Grounds well kept, nice & quiet area. Only complaint was the shower head needed replacing, a few lamps refused to work, porch light was extremely bright & shone directly into your face if lying on the bed (we un-screwed it) & jacuzzi was not as clean as I'd like. "Continental breakfast" was one individually wrapped small sweet roll & small cup of weak coffee. Front desk was very helpful when asked for directions, although I was once told that a particular restaraunt was "just at the end of town", it turned out to be in another city altogether, at least a 1/2 drive. We also found out the hard way that reservations are a must just about everywhere on a weekend night, otherwise you'll find yourself starving with a long wait.
For those with open minds, this hotel sits directly across the street from a very fun gay bar, "Toucans", certainly not to be missed for an entertaining evening.
For the budget minded, I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2006
10  Thank cheaptravelhunter
A TripAdvisor Member
Sun City, Arizona
Reviewed January 19, 2006

This hotel is the best for the price in Palm Springs.
We go every year to Palm Springs to see the "Follies" and stay there. We have done this for nine years.We have never had a problem, found it to be very clean and quiet. Pool/Spa very nice. Restaurant next door for breakfast/lunch.

• Stayed: January 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 30, 2005

Stayed there after reading the reviews so knew what to expect. And no real surprises. Clean rooms and well-kept grounds, good pool. From a coupon book the walk-in rate is $39. We paid $44 as had reserved on Iternet. Bath tub drained so slowly you might as well have a bath. In fact was so bad we had to change rooms. It's good value and good location though. The restaurant is good and the breakfast voucher they give you is for a coffee, juice and Danish or $1.00 off the menu price for anything else. That's okay.

• Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank cowslip
A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed September 25, 2005

I just stayed there this weekend (September 24-25). For $59 dollars you can't beat it! The room was cleaner than some of the 'name brand' hotels I have stayed in and even nicer. In addition, to it being especially clean, it had a nice fragrant smell.

The thing I really liked about the place was the check in and check out time. All the hotels I've stayed in have the standard 3 o'clock check in and 11:00 check out. But here it's 2:00 in and 12:00 out. In addition, I arrived a little early (1:10) and the room was ready, so we were able to go directly to it.

Another thing I liked was the lighting in the bathroom. It's very bright. In the past, I always have a problem putting on my make up due to the poor lighting.

In the pool area, we conversed with some of the other vacationers, and had a good time. They were all very nice.

This hotel isn't anything fancy, but it is decent and comfortable. I was very pleased with what I got for the money. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 20, 2005

After leaving LA my boyfriend and I headed to Palm Springs. We found a coupon book along the way and managed to get this hotel at £15 a night which was a big difference to the £80 we were paying in Santa Monica. We stayed for three nights before heading to Vegas. We found the hotel unbelieveable for the price. It was clean and quiet!!! In fact we had the pool to ourselves the whole time we were there. Had a really relaxing stay! We enjoyed it so much that we returned for a further three nights at the end of our trip.

There are probably much nicer in the area but for the price this place was amazing. Havent got one single complaint!!!!

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank Louise211
Reviewed September 20, 2005

We stayed at the Palm Court Inn Labor Day weekend.
Room was on ground floor right at the pool,which is quite large amid lawns.
Room was ok,a bit old but clean.
Unfortunately for us,the rooms all around were taken up by a large extended Hispanic family who turned the area all around into their private backyard.
Kids in the pool at all hours,portable BBQ grills which set off the smoke alarms,friends with cartons of beer arriving from the carpark,music blasting...we endured the lot. Hotel management,which we phoned twice and visited once,seemed powerless to intervene.
The so so room and the ineffective management means we will never stay at Palm Court again.

Stayed: September 2005