“Nice Location”

Ranked #48 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Midhurst, UK
“Nice Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2005

After staying 2 nights in Palm Court Inn I can say I'm very satisfied. The location was nice, right next to the Tramway, however a little too far from downtown (we decided to walk - took 45mins to an hr). However an easy drive down. The grounds were nice and we went at a peaceful time of year, hardly anyone about. The Heated Swimming Pool a particular highlight. One small warning though about complimentary breakfast though... The orange juice or coffee was what was complimentary. The breakfast you have to pay for. But overral, a cheap, quiet and relaxing hotel.

3 Thank ChrisS_281179

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Lansing MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2005

I booked this hotel after reading reviews and figured we could always find another place if this didnt work out....
My family of four stayed at Palm Court in April 2005. First of all, you all have to remember..You are in Palm Springs CA. I mean the weather was awesome, high 80's. Just being there should be a cause for celebration. We arrived early (on a Friday) and they didn't mind the early check in. Also, before we even told them our names, they had a message from our friends that were staying at another hotel. That blew me away! The room wasn't anything fancy but it was clean and did have a microwave and minifridge. bathroom and shower were ok. Water pressure was kind of high but better high than no pressure at all. Our patio faced the parking lot and would of preferred a poolside view but from where are room was, the view of the mountains was awesome. Plus unloading our luggage from our car to our room was so easy. Open the patio doors and all luggage was in, in a matter of minutes. As soon as that was done we went to the pool, there were quite a few people there. Although most of the 30-40 lounge chairs were taken, we did find 2 to sit on. That first day there, lots of young people at poolside. Maybe early college age or under age- drinker? SOme were partying,some were making out. No big deal as long as they kept their bikinis on. Next day was much better as all of the "Young single crowd" checked out. Pool was empty except for a few families with young children. Loved it. As for the hotel lobby, not much to look at (very small) but staff was very friendly. The 3 nights we stayed there, it was a good stay. Liked it enough to come back at the end of the week. We did eat once at Ricks (right on site) for breakfast. I thought it was kind of pricey even for CA. But the food was good. We payed $59 for the weekday and $69 for weekend. All in all, I think we got what we paid for. If you are looking for luxury, this hotel is not for you. If you are looking for a quiet, clean and friendly place to stay (for the price) for the night or to get a tan (at the pool) then try it out.

4 Thank YOFLO40
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2005

my friends and i booked on line we were under the impression that we were staying in a 3 1/2 star hotel. the rooms were okay the pool was nice. we were told that a continental breakfast would be provided we got a coupon for a cup of coffee or OJ and a pre packaged danish. or for $1.00 off the purchase of a breakfast at thier on site resturant, the resturant closed at 3:00 p.m. the fitness center was closed. Add said children under 17 free but they wanted to charge us for a roll out bed. hair dryers were to be provided they were not. Gardeners spent hours around the pool area with loud lawn mowers, edgers and blowers. We were charged extra for a pool side room hot tub was dirty, I could go on and on, if you choose to stay at this hotel be prepared it's compadable to a motel 6. I wouldn't pay over $65.00 per room

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Palm Springs hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2005

I keep hearing from most of the reviewers that this is a budget hotel. But when I called them to book a standard room for middle of April 2005, the least expensive room is $80 to $89. Am I missing something or I have to ask them for the "discounted" rate ($50 to $600)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Stayed April 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Irma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2005

I should of payed more attention to the warning reviews. I must admit that the grounds were nice. The pool looked very clean and nice, but didn't go in. (weather was too cold) so we went into the hot tub. WAY TOO HOT! I enjoy hot tubs and the hot water, but this was to the point of uncomfortable! The room was obviously not vacuumed. The shower was so powerful that it hurt. and the drain was so slow that by time we were done with a shower, we had a bath! We had a first floor room that had patio doors right out to the open parking lot. Didn't care for that too much.All in all, will never go there again and wouldn't really recommend the place.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank UPMiGal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2004

I read the reviews on this site AFTER booking my room at the Palm Court Inn, so I was a little apprehensive. I decided if it was really that bad we would switch when we got there. Well I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! First off, our room was $59, so I was not expecting glamour or luxury!!! Upon arriving, I was happy to see it was clean and the grounds were taken care of. The pool area was lovely and had lots of sunbathers and swimmers enjoying the great day. The view was very nice. We had a 2nd floor room with a balcony overlooking the pool, and the furniture was in good condition and actually decor was quite nice. We had a fridge and microwave, iron and ironing board, and had not expected all of that. I agree, it is not fancy, but for the price, it was far nicer than imagined, and the staff was very nice, as we are rather needy and within 5 minutes had called desk twice. Our request for more pillows was met instantly. We will be going back, and it was reasonably close to everything we wanted to do, so the location was great! And the food at Rick's was awesome!

• Stayed January 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2004

The large pool and spacious surrounding grounds are clean and well-kept. My ground-level room faced onto the parking lot; I recommend asking for a room overlooking the courtyard and pool.

I note that other reviewers mentioned the water in the rooms. I had plenty of hot water, but the tub did not drain properly. I felt guilty that the shower had a full-flow shower head aren't desert properties supposed to use water-saving shower heads?

All in all, a good value for the money. I would definitely stay there again.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member