“Weekend getaway without the "spring break" style pool party”

Riviera Palm Springs Resort
Ranked #42 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Attended a destination wedding in Palm Springs and decided to make it an extended weekend getaway. Not interested in the "frat" style pool parties other boutique hotels are famous for so opted for the Riviera. Beautifully updated retro design interiors, intimate lounge areas, nice gardens with private sitting areas and large pool with plenty of lounge chairs. We stayed in a jr suite, comfortable size, private patio, huge bathroom with free standing soak tub. Only complaint, the bed was too soft, and not enough self parking, no option but to valet.

Room Tip: Found a discount voucher on travel zoo, bumped us up to a Jr. Suite for the same price as a standard...
2  Thank aslHelen
Circa59GM, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the opportunity to share your Riviera experience with us. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our modern and playful vibe and that your visit was a pleasant one. It's uncommon for our many parking places to be filled, and we're sorry to hear that this caused any frustration to your stay. We'd love the opportunity to host you again, and we hope that you'll reach out the next time you return to the Palm Springs area. Many thanks again for your stay and review!

There are newer reviews for Riviera Palm Springs Resort

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Came out this past weekend with a few couples to celebrate a birthday and we were really looking forward to it as the Riviera was the Place to Be...Im a huge SInatra Fan !!! Check in was fairly easy and the desk agent tried her best to accommodate my request even though I paid for a King Bed on the reservation and she said that the online system/website I used only gives me whats available, I dont believe that one bit. Since the room wasnt ready we asked for Pool Wrist Bands doe to the fact the check everyone who enters the pool must be a hotel guest. We walked in with a bag full of waters and snacks, we were told by the attendant drinks & food were not allowed. OK I get it they want to make $$$ at the pool but the attendant said I could leave the bag by him. I told him my wife will go in and get a room key from our friends, I guess he didnt get it and told me again I cant go in with the bag, by this time I had to remind him my wife was going in to get the room key and I WASNT !!! Not very friendly or professional if you ask me !!! Pool service was pretty good, the drinks a bit watered and the DJ was good as well. We check into our room, it was fine but the hallways outside our room were a bit dirty and not cleaned properly. There was a a piece of trash in front of our room for all of Saturday. House keeping was prompt and the room telephone didnt work, oh well. Check out was easy as I called in over my cell phone as long as the charges are correct. Would I come back, probably but I am eagerly awaiting the Hard Rock down the street to open !!!

Room Tip: Choose upper levels away from the elevator
2  Thank AMSinLosAngeles
Circa59GM, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thanks for being a guest of our Riviera Resort and for taking the opportunity to reach out with your experience and review. Guest feedback enables us to improve and grow, and we apologize for any frustrations you incurred as a result of our pool policies. We aim to provide an incomparable experience for each of our overnight guests, and we do hope that you you can appreciate the result of such policies. Maintaining a degree of astringency allows us to provide a more enhanced experience for our overnight guests, and we hope that you were able to reap the benefits of this in your subsequents, poolside visits. That said. we will surely pass your concerns along to our team to better explain policies and procedures, and we do hope that you'll reach out to us again the next time you visit the Palm Springs area. We'd love to share more of our property with you, and we hope to hear more from you in the near future. Thanks again for your time and review!

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We made our reservation through expedia, for 2 rooms, 4 people each, we paid around $250, per room,the manager (malena), told us that we could only have two people using the pool (per room)! The other 4 people had to pay $25, EACH to use the freaking pool!
Extra $100!!! Not so happy about it. But what really disappointed me was the lack of interest in helping and poor costumer service... Hellooo! I'm not talking about motel 6 here...

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Daniela B
Circa59GM, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thanks for being our guest and for reaching out to share your Riviera experience with us. We're happy to have been able to host you, and we apologize for your frustrations regarding our pool policy. We would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further, and we encourage you to reach out to our management team at your next available opportunity. Guest satisfaction is our utmost priority, and we'd love to discuss your experience and concerns with you. Many thanks again for your time and stay.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I am currently staying in this noisy, loud hotel and it is 7.00am.

Upon check in we asked specifically for a quiet room and we said we not at all worried about where we were placed in the hotel, we were directed to a very nice room in block 6 and assured that we would not be disturbed.

It is currently 7.00am - we have been disturbed since 5.30am where the hotel set up for a breakfast party right underneath our room and we are now the unwilling participants in somebody else's very loud party. I have phoned through to reception x 3 it is now 7.35am and so far nothing has been done, I have asked for a refund and have been told that management will be in at 8.00am, I am sure readers will be interested to see the outcome of this situation so I will post the results a little further down.

Do not stay at this hotel if you like peace and quiet, this hotel is only interested in $$$ and not their guests.

Quote from my husband "This is a shame as it is a nice hotel and they have let themselves down very badly by not dealing with the situation"

We will not be coming back here ever and will not recommend this hotel to any visitor to Palm Springs,

Update - We have been given a credit of $100 and a bed by the pool [ thought that was included! ]. The noise was a company event that had been planned for some time in the Wexler Garden outside Building 6 and was not disclosed at check in.

This hotel is all gloss and slick furniture but underneath is has mediocre management who have very limited capabilities to deal with a sticky situation. I am sure management feel totally vindicated and does one guest complaining really matter...............

Room Tip: Stay away from Building 6, do not stay near the Ballroom and stay at the furthest end of a building...
2  Thank Enid B
Circa59GM, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and concerns with us, and we apologize again for any undue frustrations associated with your stay. We'd like to assure you that we do hear each of our guests, and we work to provide an exemplary experience for all; we're sorry to hear that in spite of our efforts, yours fell short of this. We'd love the opportunity to host you again and to better showcase our world class services, and we hope that you'll consider us again the next time you return to the region. Thanks again for reaching out.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Glad to say for my first ever visit to Palm Springs, my wife and I stayed at the Riviera resort and spa. With a great pool, great restaurants, and a great bar and lounge you never have to leave the resort. Trust me I didn't want to.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank MichaelD90984

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the time to share such enthusiastic words with us. It's a pleasure to have been able to share our property and services with you, and we're happy to hear that your stay was an exemplary one. Thanks again for reaching out; we hope to see more of you soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was apprehensive getting a room at the Riviera because of the negative reviews, but since a friend recommended it, we still booked a room. We came in on a Friday morning, got our room right away. The room was spacious and looked exactly as advertised.

We went to the pool and was able to relax. There were a lot of lounge chairs to choose from. Our 2nd pool girl server wasn't that friendly, but as long as she gave us our orders, who cares. We were able to just hang out, relax and people watch. There was no lifeguard and so if you have kids, you have to watch them yourself.

It's a fun place. You'll see college kids running down the hall, some parties in the rooms, but they didn't bother us - our room was quiet. They just gave the hotel a happy vibe.

We ate dinner and breakfast at Circa 59. The food was solid, but some of the dishes were too salty. The Starlight Lounge was a disappointment. I was expecting more. I think what threw us off was that it didn't have a door. It looks like its part of the lobby, but the people were fun and the drinks were good.

We were also able to use the pool and spa until midnight. The fire pits adds a nice touch.

We ate breakfast at Circa 59 - patio area. There were bird poo on the seat cushions but the server changed it to a new one right away. It was entertaining to observe groups of people getting frustrated for not getting any lounge chairs at the pool. They didn't know what to do. I just want to tell them, get a spot, lay your towel down and enjoy the day. Pools at popular hotels get crowded, you have to be early to reserve a spot.

All in all, we loved our stay. The service was great. Almost everyone we encountered were helpful. If crowds, noise, girls wearing high heels at the pool, college kids bother you, then this is not the place for you. If you love a vibrant pool scene, happy place, then stay here.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Jill A
Circa59GM, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the opportunity to share the vibrancy of our property. What an excellent way to express our playful, historic vibe. It's a pleasure to have been able to host you, and we're happy that our amenities and services made for a relaxing and enjoyable stay. We'd love the opportunity to host your again, and we hope that you'll reach out the next time you return to the Palm Springs area. Thanks again for your stay and review!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Overall a great hotel with wonderful premises and friendly staff.
Excellent cuisine (breakfast, snacks)!
Relaxing atmosphere in pool area with lit fires in the evening!
Only drawback being the room keys that are not working...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Brigitte H

Thanks for being our guest and for taking the time to reach out and share your stay with us. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our historic resort and our relaxing, playful amenities, and we hope to host you again soon. In the meantime, we will certainly explore your concerns regarding malfunctioning key cards, and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. Thanks again for your time and review!