“Fantastic!”

Ranked #46 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Covina, California
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

All I can say is ...WOW! This place is my new fav hotel! Decor: A+, Service: A+, Ambiance A+. Can't wait to stay here again. Modern but with a vintage palm springs feel to it. Great location to shops and restaurants. A little pricey but well worth it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
  • Korean first
Newbury Park, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Dropped the kids off with the grandparents and headed to The Riviera for some grown up / date weekend time away. Everything about this place was great. We're amateur foodies and only went off site once because the food ended up being so good here. The price was good, the spa was good, the pool and bar were good. I look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: After all the online research I ended up calling and getting a much better deal on a Chef's Pack...
Fort McMurray, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I recently stayed at the Riviera in Palm Springs. When I arrived, I was greeted at the front door and guided to the front desk. The old school class and charm was everywhere. I was upgraded to a suite immediately and the front desk was extremely helpful.
I checked into my room. The room was well put together. The suites are very spacious and comfortable. I was exhausted when I arrived, but I decided to hit up the hotel restaurant "Circa 1959". It is a classy spot with great outdoor tables. The outdoor firepits are a really nice touch, especially in the evening when the sun goes down. Service was fantastic. I found that it wasn't just the servers who were helping me, it was the whole crew. At time, I had three different people checking on me, bringing me drinks and chatting. The servers were helping me pick out local beers and personal favorites, things to do in town etc. I found it refreshing.
There is also a little bar attached to Circa1959 called "Sidebar". I went there every night I was in town. The bartenders are fenominal and I had fun just watching the different bottles flying around, making interesting drinks... followed by "mmmm"s from satisfied customers. I felt like I was well taken care of every night. The bartenders were very engaging and chatty and helped me find things around town too. It was a great experience, and I felt like I made friends while I was there. Even the chef who came up to get different spirits etc for his dishes was chatting me up and very cheerful. I would come back anytime.
My review wouldn't be much of a review if I didn't touch on the "areas for improvement", so here goes:
The music was, on average, decent. But, they loop the same songs every day over and over. I loved the nostalgic old school Frank Sinatra music and it would be nice to hear more of that. It was the one thing that made the entire place lose marks in my opinion. If there are any hotel managers reading this, please consider mixing up the music some more and bringing in some fresh stuff!
I would reccomend this resort to anyone. It is beautiful, the service is fantastic and people are friendly throughout.

Room Tip: Try not to get a corner room. The noise from people going up and down the stairs will be disturbing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We arrived early in the day and were offered a complimentary upgrade which we happily accepted. We noticed that the halls weren't that well kept, but were told renovations are underway so remained positive.
Our room, however, was very dirty. The bathroom was particularly bad, with mirrors which hadn't been wiped, spatter on the walls. The Front Desk offered to show us another room which turned out to be much cleaner but not quite as well located in the building. We told them we'd prefer to keep our assigned room but for it to be properly cleaned.
They immediately sent Housekeeping and gave us a $75.00 credit. The standard of cleaning remained good for the balance of our stay.

I have to say that the staff were unfailingly pleasant and helpful. It is possible that, during renos, some things are sliding. Certainly the interior finishes could do with some improvements. Nonetheless, the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. So, on balance, I suggest cautious optimism if you book this hotel. Don't expect it to be perfect, not even 5 star. But, if you have a problem, it is worth it to bring it to their attention because they are more than willing to fix it and always politely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank lvb
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for a overnight getaway with my husband and loved the property and service. Everything was clean and well kept, especially the spa and restaurant. The service was 5 star and we were so impressed with the happy friendly staff we even had fun shopping in the gift shop thanks to the cool lady working there! Loved the adult sophisticated atmosphere no screaming children here! We look forward to our next visit

Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm not to going to pretend that traveling with my girlfriend is easy , because it isn't. I've gone through more room changes than I care to remember. She's the queen of upgrades. It was her birthday last weekend and I wanted to surprise her! I sprung for a Jr. Suite to save the initial need for an upgrade. The hotel was booked full when we got there. There was a delay in checking in due to the fact that they were booked. I'm thinking (OMG) they don't know who there dealing with! I'm sweating by now, my head pounding! I send the Queen to the bar to enjoy a martini! The bar is so swank btw. Un-announced ( is that a word) to me the staff had already sent a credit to the bar. The room's ready! My lady follows my lead, enter the room, she's happy ! The room was awesome, big, bathroom was sweet! Ambiance was tre's sheik! Phew! I nailed it so far! Happy queen! We decided to head out because it was well into dinner hour. We came back several hours later. Happy and content. The luggage.......... where is the luggage? Ok, I'm sweating again! It's about to get drama! It's late, we're tired..... you get the picture. I'm on the phone trying to figure out what to do.......there's a knock, I'm thinking, great the luggage....it's was a staffer bringing us tooth brushes, toiletries, water, etc. At this point, bed is the only option. The next morning the bags are recovered and delivered, followed by a call from Oscar inviting us to enjoy breakfast on him. How nice! No asking! No prompting! The queen is giving me the upgrade look! I'm thinking how nice everybody's been so far and really didn't want to get into punitive reparations! I did feel at that point I should at least introduce myself to Oscar to thank him for handling the issues with out having to be told! What a good guy he is! He, of coarse, was very remorseful for the incident and asked us to be patient for a little while longer. He had a surprise for the birthday girl . We went on our merry way enjoyed Palm Springs for all it's glory. When we came back to the Hotel, Oscar was there to greet us! He was very gracious and told the queen he had a surprise for her! At this point we we presented with the key to room 3100. It's was the coolest pad In the place! It had a huge patio overlooking the awesome pool area. The pool area has great fire pits all around and a huge outdoor bar area. The pool is the coolest shape and really suits the party atmosphere well. Needless to say the upgrade queen was blown away! Just would like to give a shout out to Oscar and his staff from the valet (they always remembered my name) to the bell (Chris). The Sunday night band was very entertaining as well. I want to live at this place!

2 Thank kingofleasure
Huntington Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

After 6mo at home with a new baby, my husband and I were really looking forward to a night away and two days relaxing by the pool to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We looked online and read the reviews and even asked a few friends. This hotel was highly recommended.

We stayed Saturday, July 28th 2012. The hotel lobby, common areas and grounds are impressive and everything that we had heard. We checked in, and explored a little. Our room looked cool (we upgraded to a little larger room) but had a dirty "if these walls could talk" vibe to it. The carpet and accent pillows looked a little DNA soaked for the quality of this hotel ... I never took my flip flops off and removed all the creepy pillows right away. The bathroom was really clean and nice though.

The pool was a meat market. Like seriously, I have traveled all over the world and never seen anything like it. I have never seen so many people in one pool in my life, standing room only ...forget about getting a chaise to lay on. Whatever the capacity was legally, this was well over it. We ended up in the smaller pool because it was slightly more mellow. The water looked filthy but it was so dang hot we didn’t care. It took over thirty minutes for the drinks we ordered to come... so long the server actually gave them to us no charge. We lasted about 1 hour and went back to our room to clean up for a nice early dinner downtown. As we left the hotel we noticed cop cars everywhere. We heard later that there had been a huge fight at the big pool. There were also several taxis lined up. Presumably for all the people who were not actually staying at this hotel but snuck in to party at the pool.

After our very nice dinner we came back to the hotel. We walked down the hallways and they reeked of vomit, apparently it was a rough day partying by the pool for a few people. Yuck. We went and sat outside and ordered a couple glasses of wine, listened to two musicians jam (pretty good!) and people watched as the stragglers by the pool tryed to hook up. It was an interesting experience all in all, maybe we just picked a bad weekend? Regardless, we will not be staying here again and would never stay here with our kids.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple