“A perfect place to take a break from life.”

Riviera Palm Springs Resort
Ranked #42 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed November 5, 2012

For our wedding anniversary my husband booked us a junior suite. The room was beautiful, quiet and very clean. Loved the shower! The pool scene is very cool. It is a party atmosphere but relaxed. We ate at the restaurant for dinner and it was very good. The people who work here from the valet to recption to serving staff are all incredible. They truly understand great customer service. I would only change one thing. The location. It is about a 30 minute walk to downtown. But it has everything else going for it. If you want a realxing break you can't go wrong coming here.

Room Tip: Go for the junior suite.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
PSRESORT, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear TravelTracy, first of all, happy belated anniversary! Thank you for sharing your feedback, much appreciated. We are glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and got to enjoy some R&R. As far as walking distance to downtown, we also have our Riviera Trolley that is complimentary to all guests and goes downtown from the hotel, hours of operations according to season. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Riviera Palm Springs Resort

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I just got back from a girls' weekend at the Riviera, and it was a lot of fun! Riviera was apparently redecorated just a few years ago, and the look is funky but still relaxed. The suite rooms are spacious with private balconies.

Pool on site is small and pretty empty on Friday. If you want to go on Saturday or Sunday, show up early to get a spot. The pool bar serves up a decent menu of food. Drinks are average, but about what you would expect for pool bar fare.

The on-site restaurant was very nice for dinner. The setting is romantic with live performers, fire pits, and lanterns hanging from the trees.

The Spa Terre on site was one of the better ones that I've been to - we did the spa on Friday and it was pretty much empty, and it felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. Their summer special prices for treatments are reasonable as well.

The reason that I rated Riviera at 4 stars is that it seems to have some issues with room cleanliness. When checking into our suite, the first one smelled like a recently used bathroom although visually it seemed to have been cleaned. We called the front desk and they were quick to get us a second room, which had a trail of stains on the bathroom floor. The hotel quickly sent a maid that cleaned up the bathroom floor and we kept the room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We will share the feedback with all the departments as well but are glad to hear that it was a successful girls weekend! Come back soon to see you!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great place in Palm Springs. Large pool area, with pool bar for drinks and lunch, relaxing fire pits in pool area for night time leisure. Rooms are clean, great retro decor and good size. Great soaking tub in room. Good happy hour, with saxophone players on Sunday night. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Many thanks for posting your review, we appreciate it. Glad to hear it was a great getaway and that you had a great time here. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

If you're looking for a relaxing getaway with your partner then I highly recommend you stay at the Riviera Resort in Palm Springs. My girlfriend and I have been here 3 times in the last year now and we love it. We like to go to Vegas to party (week 1) but then right before its time to go back to work we stay at the Riviera. We love to lounge by the pool as waiters bring us drinks. I usually do not write reviews but something happened on our third trip I had to voice.

Usually when someone has a bad expirience they will tell 5 people and when something good happens they will tell one if not none. I want everyone to know about a bartender named Richard C. He works at the resort in a bar called Sidebar. Out of all the bars and restaurants I have been to he is the best Bartender I have ever had. He is friendly and will go out of his way to make your experience the best. On weekends they are packed wall to wall but during the week Sidebar is a ghost town. On Wednesday night I was at the bar with Richard making me drinks and he created one we called the "Cherry Coulter." I highly recommend you give it a try.

I always come to this resort to relax but now I will make an effort to come more often just to have Richard make me a drink.

1  Thank AJ S

Appreciate the feedback and the review. Very happy to hear that you got excellent service during your stay. We will pass on the feedback for Richard and Sidebar as well. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is not my first time staying at this hotel and each time it gets a little better. My BF and I love the vibe here and being that we usually go to Vegas this is a lot closer. We come during the week to avoid the weekend party scene and love the casual pool side and wait staff. But the best part about this trip was Richard, the bartender at Sidebar. He is an awesome bartender and remembered us from the previous night. We had a great time!

Con: Do not get room service! So overpriced and not that good.

1  Thank 978dredre
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs is a great place to stay for both business and pleasure. I really enjoyed just being able to relax and enjoy myself in the jacuzzi or in the pool or from my balcony. Very nice and sincere staff. They did not act like they were smiling because they had too. They all had smiles on their faces and visibility in their hearts. That's always a great experience. I appreciate the professionalism, consistency and extra amenities. I would truly stay there again and again and again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Felicia,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it and its nice to hear that you had a great stay. It sure is one of a kind property with history attached to it, hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have been to Palm Springs a few times and it's always been at Riviera. I love the decor and pool. Recently, I took my bf on a romantic weekend trip to PS and it was his first time visiting PS. The front desk was very friendly and checked me in quick. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and trendy with a dash of retro style. My only few negatives regarding the rooms: the walls are too thin and the doors don't shut itself so if you head out, make sure you shut the door tightly. The bed are really comfy though! Next time, I want to stay at the Junior Suite with the pool view because I hate staying in the backing building.

I love the main pool because it reminds me of Vegas with bumping good music. We arrived there mid-afternoon and the pool was packed on a Saturday. The Pool Manager, Patrick was so nice and accommodating. He made sure all the guests are well taken care of. Great hospitality. My bf and I relaxed on the daybed and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon tanning, swimming, eating, and drinking. Our server Lance was great and he checked up on us a few times to see if we need more food and drinks. Definitely check out Riviera, it's a beautiful resort.

1  Thank Donna D
PSRESORT, Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for your great feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a great experience with us. Looking forward to the next time!