My husband and I were in town at the beginning of October for a Thursday night to Friday stay, him for business and me for pleasure.
Hotel experience: When we arrived we were graciously greeted by two welcoming and professional valets. One took our bags while the other attended to getting our room number, etc. Next, we met “Mark” and “Brandon” at the front desk. Both men were friendly and helpful while assisting with our check-in, and wanted to make sure we knew to let them know if they could do anything to make our stay an enjoyable one. Every staff member we encountered throughout our stay greeted us with a smile, at least. The décor in the large gathering lobby, large gathering lobby hallway, and lobby bar was to die for.
Room: Our room was spacious and clean. Small amenities that make a big difference to us: slow-closing toilets seats, lighted mirrors and lighted makeup mirror in bathroom, separate jetted tub and large tiled shower, fluffy/white towels and wash clothes. The bed and room was comfy and quiet, despite being next to the pool area.
Food/entertainment experience: We ate dinner and breakfast at restaurant Circa 59. The ahi tuna was seared to perfection (which is a tall order for my husband).Two thumbs up, as well, for the lobster mac ’n’ cheese, the arugula-pear salad, and the oatmeal with caramelized apples on top and fresh fruit. The fresh fruit was fresh and contained strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, grapes, cantaloupe, and melon. The presentation of every dish was first-class. “Lance” was our dinner server and “Enrique” served breakfast. Both were friendly and professional. During dinner, ” James”, stopped by each table to make sure everything about the dinner and stay, thus far, was to our satisfaction. He asked us to please let him or the staff know if there was anything they could do to make our stay more enjoyable. Another big highlight during dinner was the live music played by our outside dining table. It was a two-man ensemble and the lead guitarist and singer was “Michael Keeth”. He was accompanied by a guy who also played guitar. Michael had an amazing voice, was so talented, and sang covered songs. We enjoy music we recognize and relate to. It made our dinner at Circa 59 truly memorable.
Pool: The biggest bonuses about the pool include: large size, clean/clear water, and lounger-side cocktail and food service.
The only thing missing from our stay was my sister and girlfriends to hang out with me by the pool while my husband was busy working. Next trip to Palm Springs will be a girls’ trip to the Riviera!! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stylish and styled, eclectic, cool, bohemian getaway. Inspired by the nonchalant elegance of Slim Aaron’s photographs, The Riviera is free spirited, vibrant, playful and bohemian with a sprinkling of retro nostalgia. The whimsy of Hollywood Regency in the guest rooms merges with the eclectic spirit of the public areas and makes for a perfectly unique resort getaway in Palm Springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riviera Palm Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Resort And Spa, Palm Springs
- Riviera Resort & Spa, Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Riviera Hotel Palm Springs
- Riviera Resort Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Riveria Resort