I reviewed this hotel during my first stay back in February, but apparently things have changed at this once "spectacular" hotel.
This time I attended with my boyfriend for our anniversary, after enjoying this property with my younger sister. It was quiet, out of the way and a great place to relax.
We arrived for our 7 night stay on Monday, and saw our worst nightmare plastered on the front door... "Pool closed until December 16th". That was the day we arrived. We were disappointed, but reassured by the front desk attendant that it would be open that evening. So we wondered up to our room (clean and nice as it was previously). We walked around town in the afternoon, anxiously awaiting our evening trip to the hot tub, that never opened that night. Nor did the pool open AT ALL the following day (tuesday). So we complained to the useless front desk man, who really didn't say a word to us. However, after a conversation with another upset couple in the lobby, we found out that this hotel is under new management as of September 2013... No wonder we were receiving poor service!
I demanded to speak to the manager, of whom nobody knew when he would be in... So finally, I complained enough that the manager personally called me in our room that evening. I was very upset, as we came to this property to relax by the pool. He was adamant that we stay or MOVE 15 miles down the highway to Palm Desert (WE CAME TO BE IN PALM SPRINGS!), and apparently had "no relationship" with the best western in town (Palm Springs). I was upset, in tears and agreed to see the pool the next morning that was supposed to be open.
The next morning we went down to the pool, still under construction, noisy (cutting tiles), yelling construction workers, smoking, and being disrespectful. The pool was not warm, not even clean or on until the following day (Thursday), and the hot tub was dirty until Thursday as well. The pool deck was muddy, and the whole situation was just bad.
We were given some money toward dinners, but this in no way replaced the relaxing pool atmosphere we had travelled to enjoy. In fact, when we left on the following Monday, the 23rd, the pool was still under construction.
A few more things to mention...
- We got less and less towels in our room through out the week. Only got pool towels once.
- The cleaning ladies blared their music when cleaning adjacent rooms in the morning, early and unexpected wake up call
- There is now a giant tip jar in the breakfast area (tack, considering I tip for good service, and that should not be an expectation)
- Front desk guy should learn some customer service skills or be fired
- Customers should be called when the pool will be closed during their stay so that alternate arrangements can be made
I will not stay at this Best Western again (such a shame), but rather stay at the one in downtown Palm Springs, that has a pool bar and a much better management service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Inn at Palm Springs offers guests luxurious comforts at affordable rates. Our refurbished hotel rooms are furnished with Posturepedic beds. Enjoy the comforts of home with mini-refrigerators, microwave ovens, high-speed wireless Internet, Fitness Room and Guest Laundry. Our sun deck, pool and spa are open 24 hours so that you can relax and unwind. We also include a continental breakfast buffet. Palm Springs and the desert’s must-see attractions are only a few minutes from our centrally located hotel. Each room can be arranged individually. We are less than 1 mile from Palm Springs Downtown and within 5 minutes from many golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Inn at Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Inn At Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Best Western Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Best Western