“Friendly staff and 24 hr pool and spa”

Best Western Inn at Palm Springs
Ranked #41 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Even though the temps outside were over 100 degrees, the room stayed cold. We enjoy using the pool at night after the sun goes down. A nice romantic weekend getaway. We always stay in the rooms close to the pool. The staff is always friendly and even knows us by first name.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
hotelgm99, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Inn at Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We will convey your compliments to the staff. We would love to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a girls weekend planned to relax at the pool and spend some time with each other. This hotel was clean and the pool being available 24 hours was wonderful. The breakfast was enjoyable with items to please all - not fancy, but satisfying.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cynthia C
hotelgm99, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Inn at Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thanks for choosing us and for sharing your feedback. We are happy that you were able to experience the relaxing weekend you hoped for! Do visit us again!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located just off the main drag of Palm Springs so ideal for a short first time visit. Whilst not luxurious, the room was a good size with additional desk, fridge and safe as well as flat screen TV. Bathroom nothing to rave about but perfectly adequate. Nice pool deck - only coloured by the fact my daughter picked up an ear infection after swimming in the pool - our costumes also turned an odd shade of green. Probably down to the heat as the pool was very warm. On the plus side the garden had regular visits from humming birds which was a bonus.
Breakfast is served by the pool under a canopy with misting to keep you cool. Plenty of choice for a mid range continental breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank raccat28
Reviewed August 14, 2013

No attention was given to my request for connecting rooms for my family. Hotel was not full, but family was separated anyway. Hot room, as A/C did not cool room to bearable temperature until 4:30am. Bad odor in one of two rooms. Manager was absent, as staff was clueless.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Marc L
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stay here a lot. But the last weekend I must admit that the air conditioning in our room - it took a long time for it to cool down. It is the desert and it is hot. I complained to the management and they offered us another room. However, it is set at 80 degrees which is way too hot and it takes ages for it to cool down. Each room it is set the same so they told me.
Only the general manager can take it down - but they told me this was not possible.
I always have a travel fan with me. If I had not had the travel fan I would have checked out. The management sets it I reckon for you to all save money on electricity and this is wrong it is the desert - I was up in Vegas last month when it was over 120 and the a/c at the Luxor was very cold and good.
One part of the room was like an oven and if you stepped away from the air box no air circulated at all.
I will not stay at a best western again in the hot months if you are doing this to your rooms.
I will have to take my own fans and leave them on 24/7. I have climate control at my condo in Glendale and it is always set at 65 to 70.
I can cool our place down in 15 mnutes to where it is freezing.
You are on some energy saving device and in the desert it is unacceptable.
It was cooler outside our room than in the room. We could not stay in the room for long.
I also went and bought another fan which I had to use. I kept the fans on for the whoel weekend we were there so you really did not save any money at all.
Please note - due to your poor quality of air at your hotels - please advise all guests that they need to bring fans with them when it is 100 outside. You facilities for air are the worst I have experienced for the past 27 years I have lived in Southern California. It is obvious you cannot afford to run a chain of hotels in a proper manner - and I will advise all not to stay in your hotels and will put a report up on Trip Advisor today about your poor air quality and lack or it.
Please note I can get you closed down at the Southern California BW. Cattle are kept at a lower temp. I am writing also to the Palm Springs Chamber of Commerce to advise them that your hotel does not have proper air conditioning and yuor rooms cnanot be coole din the proper manner for the desert.
You should take a look at Vegas - but I suppose they can afford to set the a/c at a lower temp, as your hotel chain is more a budget one and therefore you have to be ecomical with air. I hear though that your BW hoels in Vegas - you do not have good air either.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sampgillian
Reviewed August 12, 2013

decent hotel, we stayed in january of this year, the room was nice and clean, free wifi and decent cable tv, we had a view of a wall which was the only downside.

The pool area is very nice and relaxing, and the free breakfast at the pool in the morning was also quite good. Not much within walking distance of the hotel so we drove around to find a nice restaurant.

We visited a tj maxx near buy and got some absolute bargains.

so overall a no thrills quiet hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

What i would expect from a 4 star hotel is what i received: upscale experience. The room was tastful quality and, of course, clean and inviting. Rest was promised and delivered; the bed was comfortable and bedding soothing, cool and crisp.I would definitely return.

Room Tip: The backside, facing north, overlooks a cool inviting garden patio with brook meandering and lots of...