Ace Hotel and Swim Club
Parker Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
$441
$305
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$108
$90
Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Restaurant
Caliente Tropics Resort(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$72
Hilton Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$130
Hilton.com
  • Pool
The Saguaro Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$129
Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$139
$134
$128
$119
Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
$188
$159
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewskings highwayamigo roomstumptown coffeehighway restaurantdog parkphoto boothhipster hotelpatio roompool arearecord playercool hotelcool vibemain poolgreat designyounger crowdmini barparty scene
Reviewed November 2, 2009

My friends and I had a truely "ace" expericence at this hip, bohemian and uber relaxing hote. The hotel's ambiance and neighborhood / communal like feel of the hotel is so unique and made for such a one of a kind experience. You can bet that we will be coming to the hotel at least once a month if possible! :)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2009

We found this place online and made the booking. We found this to be the best trip we had in years!!! The staff was super friendly and super helpful to all of our needs. The pool was simply delightful. I could order the most killer bloody mary's I have had in a long time and relax in the sun all day long. The fact that the place is family and dog friendly even made it better! Next time down (oh yes, there will be a next time) we will bring the kid and the dog. The massages we got were decadent and delightful. i haven't been this relaxed in years and years. In short, GO TO THE ACE HOTEL!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Avoid this place. Rude and ridiculous service. Faulty Amenities with no apology. Front Desk personnel and Managers are extremely rude. Noisy with private parties making noise until late. Overpriced and pretentious. Never EVER returning.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lepeche
Reviewed October 17, 2009

The following is a letter I sent to Ace Hotel's General Manager about my stay.
Jason Dibler:

My best friend and I checked into the Ace Hotel on October 9th for the weekend. We had booked two deluxe fireplace rooms. We arrived at 3 pm and there were two, very frazzled desk clerks. There were three people in front of us, and three behind us. Check-in took over 20 minutes. I had my credit card, i.d., ready to go, so we would just get our room keys and go, not so fast. The clerk went over to retrieve papers pertaining to us, and that took another 10 minutes for her to find them. I had no idea what the papers said, and just signed. She just gave us our room keys, and said, "have a nice weekend, " and I politely asked where our room was located, she huffed, and then pointed, back there. Lovely.

Made our way to our rooms, 207 & 209. Rooms very lovely. However, I heard noise from the room above mine. Shrugging it off, we ventured out to the pool. We found a table by the pool, and waited for a server, and waited. It wasn't that crowded as it was Friday afternoon. We asked several servers if they could help us, they seemed much more interested in talking amongst themselves at the bar. We ventured inside to the Amigo Bar, and finally got some service. We then took our drinks back outside to the table we had just left, finished our drinks, and again waited for service. We decided to retreat to our rooms, take a nap, and have room service for dinner.

I don't think guests come to the Ace Hotel to sleep. The minute my head hit the pillow for my afternoon nap, the people above me began moving around their room, which normally shouldn't be a problem, but since the floors of the room are concrete, I could hear every step they took, when their door opened & closed. Fun.

Room service was great, food yummy. We really enjoyed sitting out on the patio with the fireplace on. Bedtime came, and the same problems I had in the afternoon were back, but now even worse. I called the front desk to see if I could be moved, alas the hotel was sold out. I finally got to sleep, but as soon as the sun came up, light was streaming in the room. The window coverings do nothing to keep the sun out. Our room service tray from the previous night hadn't been removed, and now there were ants everywhere. I called room service, and they told me they were busy and would try and pick it up sometime within "the next two hours." I called the front desk 45 minutes alter, and finally the tray was removed. I was beginning to notice the absolute disregard for service, and the very blase approach that was taken towards guests.

We did some shopping, came back to go hang by the pool at 2 pm. Unable to find chairs at the main pool, we made our way to the other pool, for hotel guests only. The joke was on us. That pool was closed for a wedding set-up, but the wedding didn't begin until the evening, I don't understand why the second pool was closed when your main pool is open to the PUBLIC (yes, I know it's for a fee). We finally found a table, sat down, and again, we were ignored. Had to flag down at least three people to help us, and even then, they told us, not their table, someone would help us. Unacceptable. A server finally emerged, without an apology and didn't care that we were parched. We sat back and listened as a British employee led guests in games. The British man had a microphone, and he made one of the most racially insensitive comments I have ever heard. He was probably trying to be funny, but believe me, that was the farthest thing from my mind. I was completely mortified and so was my best friend.

We went back to our respective rooms, and again, tried to sleep. This time the problem wasn't the noise above me, but from the BLARING
music coming from the pool area. I had my doors closed, I turned on the a/c to drown out the noise, but was now freezing. That was my breaking point. We decided to check-out. I couldn't endure another night of this.

We were charged half day rate for our rooms, and for the bargain price of $752.00, we got no sleep, no service, no relaxation. I wanted to treat my best friend that is going through some difficult times, a reprieve from her life, make her forget her woes. Oh she did, and so did I, but we were sadly faced with a set of circumstances that we couldn't anticipate. For that, the Ace Hotel will hold absolute disappointment and I would NEVER recommend your property to anyone seeking rest, relaxation, good time, or service.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
9  Thank 1JetSetGal1
Reviewed October 17, 2009

Not knowing our travel plans (one vs. two night stay), my freinds and I were advised by the front desk to book just the one night at the hotel and if we decided to stay a second night, we would be honered the same price "no problem" (making it easier to add an additional night vs. cancelling the second night). As it turned out, we decided to stay an additional night. Upon notifying the front desk of our plans, we were then informed that our room had gone up in price. This diddn't settle well with us. After a long and drawn out conversation with the manager on duty (accompanied by the individual who had given us his 'word' on the room pricing, we were still denied our original price until he reluctantly said "fine you can have it....". Nevertheless, we decided that the energy was it bit sour and we decided to move on.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends