“The Perfect Balance for a FUN Getaway!”

Ace Hotel and Swim Club
Ranked #15 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I just got back from a one-night stay at ACE Hotel. It was my birthday and they went above and beyond the norm to make it a special event for me. When I got to my room, there was an ice cold bucket of a variety of beers waiting for me along with a hand-written note. Wow!

The rooms are downright comfy and funky. THE MOST comfortable beds around. I've stayed at 5 star hotels and prefer the ACE Hotel beds! Great shower, not your typical decor - kind of a mid-century modern camp vibe.

We enjoyed the pool - a wonderful place to hang out ALL day! Drinks & food are delicious. Atmosphere was fun and upbeat - but there is another pool that's more mellow if you don't want loud music.

For dinner, we went with a group of friends to King's Highway and had a superb meal. A special "lounge singer" had a surprise performance for me, along with a delicious birthday pot brownie (brownie IN a pot!) treat.

After dinner we had no desire to leave the hotel so we went to the Amigo Bar. Such a fun underground cave-feel to the bar. Some interesting 90's hip-hop music was playing, which the crowd loved because everyone knew the words and could sing along.

We didn't bring little kids this time, but have on a previous visit. I would bring them again, but be sure to ask for a room that's away from any noise or parties. It's not as quiet as a Hilton, but it's more fun and I think the kids have fun too. Beware: there will be drinking around so if you don't want your kids exposed to drinking and music, try the quieter pool or go earlier in the morning.

PROS:
Vibe
Amenities (pool, free bike rentals, Amigo Bar, King's Highway, fire pits, etc etc)
Wonderful Beds
Drinks

CONS:
Not right in downtown, but nearby
Not much within VERY close walking distance
Our pool cocktail server was really busy, but I'm sure it wasn't her fault...

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 14, 2009

man this place has everything a good restraunt awsome pool good drinks and nice retro style rooms i liked it so much im coming back asap they even got scooters and people serve u food at the pool i recommend this for all young hip people

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2009

You know i used to love the Ace. Its quirky, cool, and clean. However this last time I went (Labor Day weekend) my boyfriend and I went down to the poola round 10pm. They have a nice lounge area and we decided to relax. Our relaxing evening quickl;y turned to disgust when we saw 5 males, 1 after another enter the pool area, greet eachother and proceed to strip naked. To be quite honest we though we were seeing things until one of the men (who was naked in the pool) shouted "OOH a naked man in the pool!" i immediately complained to the staff. The hotel manager went out to the pool and told them to put clothes on. As soon as she left another man arrived and stripped. Keep in mind there are lots of families who stay in this pool and the pool is opent o everyone (children and adults alike) all day long. I complained the next morning to the general manager who said "these things happen." No they do not. As somone who has extensive knowledge of the law I know this was not only lewd conduct but indecent exposure. Both of which are crimes. The thing that bothered me is one other staffer stated what my boyfirend and I both thought "the people acted in such a manner that it seemed like they knew it was okay to do that and they wouldnt get in trouble. It was not just a isolated incicdent.": To top it off the manager stated "There is one guy who we have to call the police on every week." No more Ace for me!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hellokittyLa
Reviewed August 29, 2009

"We are all in this together"....the hotel's slogan....great place. I've stayed here a few times. Absolutely NO Los Angeles attitude....which I think is why they use that slogan, "We are all in this together". Check the attitude at the door. Plenty of really nice people at the pool. Staff is very attentive, in a relaxed way. I stayed a few times here this summer for their Easy Rider rate...everything 20%. Food at the Kings Highway restaurant was amazing. Try their ceviche, chilaquiles, and also brisket burger. All delicious. The hostess is an older woman who is also a singer, and will break out in Broadway songs....she has phenomenal style in a vintage way, and she really makes the place! The rooms are a little smaller, but try to get a King Lounge room or a King Deluxe room. Bath products are great! Especially like the Rudy's bath shower gel. Liked it so much, I bought a bottle to bring home. It's also dog friendly which is a plus. Convenient location to everything. I stayed once while out for the Indian Wells Tennis Tournament.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2009

If you are reading this review, you are probably considering booking a room at Ace Hotel and Swim Club. Unfortunately, we did not have the option of "choosing" this hotel, but it was chosen for us by Hotwire. We had no choice but to give Ace a chance. We would have been better off staying home. The rooms are small, sparsely furnished, and not a comfortable or relaxing environment. Also, the rooms have thin walls and the doors SLAM shut, causing all the neighboring rooms to literally shake. WARNING: do not go to this hotel unless you have many tattoos, a full beard and mustache, wear a fedora, and dress like you're from the 70's. Also, do not come to this hotel if you would be offended by a pool party hosted by men prancing around in checkered speedos and canoodling with each other in the pool, as we had the fortune of witnessing this weekend.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YogaLawyer10
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Stayed here with 25 or so friends for a week, it was incredible. I'm well traveled, usually staying in a new place every 6-8 weeks, and have a lot of experience with boutique hotels, this one is at the top of my list. The housekeeping service cleans the room to BETTER than new, actually hanging all of the clothes you leave on the floor, and packing up your travel jits and putting everything away, it's amazing. Every single staff member goes out of their way t say hi and converse with you at every turn, and you couldn't ask for more from anyone who works there. Linda, the host at the Kings Highway restaurant at the Ace is one of the most fabulous, amazing people I've ever met, she sings show tunes while you eat and has the most incredible fashion sense you could imagine. Overall this hotel gets a 5 out of 5 from me, I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2009

In August the activities are based around the Swimming Pool. Posers with dogs and Hotel Babylon in the DeserT.

Rooms recently been re-modelled and are very nice indeed if not a tad too small for 4 people and respective luggage.

Its the Pool area that comes alive with 24 hour swimming a nd plenty of smiles and happiness.

Billed additional $20 per day for something which I did not fully understand. I figure if you are a guest in the hotel then all such costs should be included in the initial price. I guess they were Extras Hunting!

Very trendy