Ace Hotel and Swim Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Villa Royale Inn(Palm Springs)
Hotel California(Palm Springs)
View Hotel
V Palm Springs(Palm Springs)
  • Pool
Twin Palms Resort(Palm Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewskings highwayamigo roomstumptown coffeehighway restaurantdog parkphoto boothhipster hotelpatio roompool arearecord playercool hotelcool vibemain poolgreat designyounger crowdmini barparty scene
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Came to Palm Springs not expecting much and was completely surprised by it all. There was an incredible drum circle for the full moon . Pretty amazing, all out by the pool with a really good Mojito and quite a few attractive men and women to look at. More hip scene than I was ready for.It was not unbearably hot and there was plenty of shade.Our room was fine and kept very clean. I had an incredible massage in the Feel Good Spa . Ask for Katherine, she blew me away Amazing Massage. Thank You.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just back from our second annual trip to the Ace Palm Springs for Memorial Day weekend. It was so nice, we've done it twice. The hotel is completely comfortable and is just the right balance of kitschy hip and nostalgic. The wait staff around the pool was especially friendly and provided great service. The weekend-long pool party provided spectacular people watching and while it occasionally got to be too much of a scene--it was nice to be able to escape to the peace and quiet of our rooms. Little extras like mesh tote bags for pool stuff, linen robes, a bicycle check-out service, and shower amenities by Rudy's made for a comfy stay. There were a number of weddings over the weekend causing the second pool on the premises to be closed most of the time. It would have been nice to have a secondary venue to escape to when the pool party got overwhelming, but I can see why people like to book weddings there as all of the wedding festivities I witnessed looked lovely. We went with a group of 12 friends and there was plenty to do all the time for everyone to be content. We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed pool side last year and preferred it to our room this year on the east side of the hotel (facing a parking lot and the bright desert morning sun). People seem to be less noisy around the pool than they are when going to their cars in the middle of the night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We've stayed at Ace Hotel a few times and we were crazy to stay in the middle of summer, with our two dogs! However, every time we were pleased with the unique hippie chic resort experience. There was plenty of shade for our dogs and our room was kept igloo cool style. The room feels like you are in a modern tent with everything at your hands. The best part was having an old school record playing here is where I was introduced to Bon Iver one of my new fav. bands. Pool scene was an oasis unlike any other typical dessert resort/pool! I actually drank beer since they have rare tasting beers on tap permanently there. We rented bikes for free and road off into the middle of nowhere in the dessert and if you go early or late enough you won't feel as hot as it really is out there. Ace has an indoor photo machine, the 4 stack of slides, everyone should be required to take one to keepsake your trip at Ace. We do every time and they're now bordering my mirror at home.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I wanted to have a quick, fun little local getaway trip. We had seen the hotel on several trips to Palm Springs but never stayed. When we checked in, the service was great! We asked about hiking and they gave us several local maps with great trails. The night market was going on and they told us which vendor was really good to go to for some late night eats. We made the happy hour at the bar with a local band. Super fun! The room service was really good and super accomodating. The only thing that was not right was that the room service menu was outdated as they had just updated thier restaurant since the food is local. They sent someone to our room with a new menu and then again when we ordered. Nothing was too much or a bother for the service staff.

Room Tip: we stayed in the Patio room, great choice!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

First glance at the hotel from the road I was a little bit scared and thought oh [--] did I make a mistake and book a cheap motel??!! But after checking in, seeing the room and pool area... I was immediately liking the feel of the place. The pool area was perfect for relaxing, laying out, having a beer or margarita and listening to music. The rooms had a nice theme along with a nice assortment of drinks/alcohol and snacks. We were here during the week, so we were lucky enough that there weren't any kids around...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple