“Manipulation!!!”
Review of Desert Lodge

Desert Lodge
Ranked #68 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed April 22, 2012

You know Its really hard to believe that the last entery wasn't placed by the owner. New managers dont take over till the 1st and old managers left in disgust.They were the ones trying to do repairs.Everytime they needed something done They paid out of their own pockets. Nothing has improved except the 2 or 3 rooms they keep a little extra nice so they can manipulate someone into a good review.Check the other reviews --Please,. they are alot more accurate.Mantainence works like a dog just to patch up thinks all day long. There are no repairs ,no new paint, same old towels and sheets.If your looking for a good room for "stagecoach" look elsewhere there are plenty of clean reasonable rooms around. Oh and the manager RON he is a part time desk clerk,

Room Tip: Rooms north or south of here!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank gena g

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I paid 149 for this hell hole and if my son wasn't sink I would of Ran. The room I got the air conditioner didn't work and the room smell badly like Mold when I ask to be moved the owner or manager said I would have to pay more then I ask for a refund so maybe I can go next door, No Refund. The owner needs a lesson in customer service. The only thing was good was the maintenance man was kind and tried his best. The dump would of been better or cooler. If your coming down here please save your money or go else where or sleep in your car.The ice machine didn't work nothing in this place work this owner needs to put some money that he over charges for this pit in his rooms. Please read all your reviews I should of a lot of them weren't lying, Run...

Room Tip: Any where else but here Desert Lodge, spend your money where it be worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank mary s
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed here a year ago and it was awful, vowing never to come back, but on our last visit, as we were driving by, we noticed the pool area had been re-painted and there were new umbrellas as well as lounge chairs.

So we decided to give this poor old place another chance. When we walked in we were greeted by a very professional yet personable gentleman named Ron and he asked how we were doing and even offered us a glass of water, because it was very hot out that day. Anyway, we commented on our stay last year and the dirty room we had and he told us that the place is under new ownership as well as management and that everyone here takes pride in the property(unlike the previous management) and has tried very hard to make improvements. "Considering how they left the place, I think you will find the rooms to be a lot better than a year ago, it has been tough trying to get the rooms updated, things replaced, re-painted etc... and all the little quirks out, and there is still a lot left to do but we are making headway".

So we decided to see if Ron was a man of his word. Sure enough as we walked into the room he rented us, right away I noticed it was clean, much, much cleaner than our last stay, and although the rooms and building are old, the room did show many signs of improvements and a few things that needed to be done, just as Ron had told us. The Air conditioner was new, the room was re-painted, the carpet looked freshly cleaned, the sheets crisp and clean, and the only complaint was that the bed spreads could be replaced, but we take them off anyway, and the bathroom counter top had some deep stains in it and could use a face lift, as well as the side of the tub which showed some aging, but both areas were at least very clean. So for the great price we got, I call this "The Little Hotel That Can" and you should give it a chance. Hopefully by the time we come back again the place will be where Ron and the Staff want it to be.

Kelly and Elaine Myers
Huntington Beach, CA

Room Tip: Tell Ron or any staff member you were here last year 2011 and had a bad room and that you heard abou...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Please do yourself a favor and book down the street. There are plenty of hotels for the coachella festival .This motel has no amenities, pool is not heated, half the a/cs do not work. Mold,smells, dirty linens, thin towels,Really Awful!!! Bed bug issue in some rooms,phones dont work.Not worth 39$ let alone anything over 100$.

Room Tip: Down the street anywhere Oh and the manager writes good reviews for himself when things start lookin...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank lillian f
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I've stayed here twice.

The first time the room's ceiling leaked, it smelled heavily of mildew, and it had to tie the back door shut with fishing line as there was no way to lock it.

The second time the room's faucet leaked...and the water looked as it paint had been mixed with it.

They do not appear to ever except their coupons and do not expect the amenities advertised on the coupons. Air conditioning machines are also painfully loud, which is a bit of an issue in the desert.

Even if you are just looking for a cheap place to stay...this is not a safe place.

Room Tip: If you expect certain things in your room, ask to see the room first (though given what they plan on...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Ben D
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I stayed at this hotel twice. The first time it was ok, ya know it was cheap so I knew it couldn't be great but it wasn't horrible. The second time I was there not only did the price raise to be ABOVE motel six and the quality is 10 times worse. My brothers had stopped by to drop off some clothes for me since I live in Washington, I was told at the beginning no visitors so I made sure they knew I had my family bringing me clothes. They said ok just noone can stay and that was fine since it was just going to be me staying. I had my brothers stay outside in order for the man and his wife to see that they were there but we weren't having a party thing. The woman came out and was really nice to my brothers they assured her they weren't staying they were waiting for a ride. Maybe ten minutes later as my third brother came to pick the others up, they were walking off the property when the man came out and FREAKED! He was screaming at them to leave now or he will be calling the cops, I tried to calm him and say they were leaving and not coming back and he told me I had five minutes to leave the hotel or he was going to have me arrested AND I would not be getting a refund. I was so shocked that he was up to this because we were very nice and respectful AND he was warned ahead of time. He is a horrible person and manager, the woman was great, she and I had a great pleasant conversation and I was allowed to stay but even in the morning when I went to check out that man would not respond to me and he glared at me no matter how many times I said thank you. He was inconceivably rude and should never be in a business dealing with people. And not only was the man a total jerk the room and complex were more rundown than a crack house and believe me I have been in a few junkie houses so I know the quality. ANYONE WHO THINKS OF STAYING HERE LEAVE! Motel six is right now the road in both directions and have great people facilities and is almost cheaper than the desert lodge.

Room Tip: Stay away from Desert Lodge!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Julia M
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Did a quick one night stay here and it was underwhelming. I can see from other reviews that people have had pretty dramatically dreadful stays here, but my experience wasn't quite that bad. Room was clean enough, things weren't really broken. It was just mostly your standard ugly/basic/rundown motel. Too bad because it seems like it once was/could be retro/cool. If you are on a serious budget it's fine - close enough to downtown, safe. But it was certainly not anywhere you'd want to stay if you in any way want something cute/charming/attractive. It's a roof over your head if you're on a serious budget. Nothing more. Owners were nice.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple