“Hilton Palm Springs”

Hilton Palm Springs
Ranked #15 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Our favorite Palm Springs stay on weekends. Great pool (and bar), close to downtown, and large rooms. We have been at least twice per year since moving to LA 3 years ago. Next trip being planned as we speak.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Shannon A, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you for making Hilton Palm Springs your home when visiting Palm Springs. We truly appreciate your loyalty and are looking forward to your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My last visit here was about a year ago and I have stayed here many times in the past and the Hilton never disappoints. The room was bright and airy, very clean and all rooms have a balcony, which is not the case for many of the hotels in the area. I would recommend the pool view room but if doing the mountain view (a little less expensive) ask for the side that faces Indian Canyon.
The lobby is bright and the colors are not the drab, dark colors that a lot of the hotels are tending towards to be "trendy". The staff is also friendly. There is a well stocked gift shop for items you may have forgotten or to pick up a t-shirt or souvenir. Our room had a coffee maker and a refrigerator which is handy for keeping leftovers from your dinner or keeping drinks cold. Wireless internet was free with my Hilton Honors membership (join- its free). Otherwise you can pay an optional resort fee of $21. which includes the use of the facilities (gym, etc), parking and free wi-fi. The hotel is next door to the Spa Casino and you can walk to downtown and many restuarants. All in all, a great choice.

Room Tip: Choose a room 2nd floor and above to get a view from the balcony. Ask to face Indian Canyon if poss...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katie H

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy our property and look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd time staying here and there WILL be a third! Perfect location and the Dinah people know the best location to hold their event. Casino is right across the street, win win. See you in 2015 :)

• Stayed: April 2014

Many thanks for the feedback. Dinah was amazing! Our entire staff has so much fun with this event and we look forward to seeing all of our Dinah Family each year. 2015 is going to be unbelievable .... see you then!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is tastefully redone and is 2 blocks from the heart of Palm Springs. Once I get to a location, I really don't like to drive through out the vacation. This location allows you to do just that. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The only "complaint" I have is that I am a Hilton Gold Honors member and the free breakfast was a continental breakfast so I still had to pay $10 for an omelette. Not a deal breaker but certainly annoying.

Room Tip: Go pool side. A room on the ground floor and you will have a nice patio as well.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Isithappyhour

Many thanks for the review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property. I will share your feedback on the breakfast with our team and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was here for one night over Memorial Day weekend with friends. The rooms, as others have noted, were quite big and clean and had adequate although not particularly high end furnishings. The common areas were average and nothing special. The location couldn't be better and is walking distance from downtown Palm Springs.

The staff of the Hilton were all very friendly and helpful and always seemed to go a little above and beyond what I would have expected.

The AC in our room (130), however, was both generally insufficient and misleading. I like a slightly colder room, particularly in hot locations. It was about 100 degrees outside and the room never seemed to get to below 72 or so despite having a thermostat that was supposedly able to deliver a room to 60. That clearly didn't happen despite our best efforts.

In short, the Palm Springs Hilton is a very-centrally located resort, with big, slightly dated rooms, average grounds and AC that lacked oomph.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jon S

Thank you for selecting Hilton Palm Springs for your holiday weekend visit. I apologize that you ran into issues with your AC. If you could reach out to me at the property and let me know what room number you were in, I will investigate the matter with engineering. I am happy to hear that our staff "wowed" you with service and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Calling this place a "resort" is an insult to resorts everywhere.

We had the misfortune of staying here recently, two weekends in a row.

Weekend number one.....checked in and was given a nice room overlooking the pool. Okay, so far so good. We went out for dinner and upon walking back could hear the boom boom boom of the DJ set up at the pool. As others have mentioned, this hotel has zero insulation and you can hear everything between the walls and what's going on outside. At 10:00 pm with our kids still awake, we called the front desk. They apologized but the music continued and we all stayed awake until the party ended. Nothing like having an 8 month old up until midnight. Good times!

Weekend number two. It got even worse. The Rotary Club had rented out most of the hotel and we were given a room right above the pool area where they were set up for their party. At 11:30 pm I called to ask to speak to the manager. He said there was nothing he could do because they rented most of the hotel. Translation "we have your money, so too bad".

We moved rooms the next day. The entire floor reeked of pot day and night but I was too tired to move rooms again. We just kept the sliding glass door shut.

The icing on the cake was the morning of check out, I was going to run a bath for son and there was a cockroach the size of a kitten in the tub.

I called the next day to ask the speak to the hotel manager and haven't heard back, that was over a week ago.

This place has been remodeled but it's musty, loud. Don't even get me started on the horrible room service food.

The whole place is on par with a Motel 6. Seriously, don't waste your money.

Room Tip: Avoid hotel altogether.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Kikilarue737

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experiences that you had at our hotel. I’m sorry that noise from a party on both weekends kept you up and prevented your family from getting the sleep they deserve. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and your feedback will help us improve. We sincerely hope that you return to the property, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Spent the first 3 nights of our California trip here and could not fault any part of the hotel
Staff friendly and efficient, room as you would expect
Breakfast was great (buffet 2 days and from menu on another)
Eat here for lunch 1 day next to pool and very nice - poolside staff were attentive if you wanted drink/snack
Eddy in the lobby bar was always smiling and friendly
Could not find anything to moan about ... If I had to it would be the nightly resort fee that they added to our bill but when we questioned it they said it was optional but covered internet, parking etc and other things but as a gold member we get some of that free anyway ... They apologised for adding it without asking and quickly refunded it

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room ... And as always always away from elevators and ice machine
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple