“Pretty Good”

Ranked #18 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Twin Falls, Idaho
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights during Modernism. Had a good room (suite), very spacious, comfortable and clean. Didn't do much in the way of being by the pool or eating at the restaurant but we did go downstairs for breakfast and it was decent. The decor is nice, except for in the elevators, for some reason they were nasty and dirty. Overall a pretty good place, not mind blowing but somewhere I would consider staying again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Palm Springs Resort last weekend with a conference. I was actually surprised that I liked it. I think they must have updated it not long ago. The facility is basically a hollow rectangle with on open courtyard in the middle. The parking is outside along the north and east sides of the hotel. I made the mistake of parking before checking in. All of the doors to the hotel from the parking area are locked so I had to go around to the front. I am a Hilton Honors member (the lowest - blue, I think) level and was upgraded to a "junior suite". It was a corner room. The bed and pillows were pretty comfortable. I usually have trouble sleeping in a hotel but had no problems here. There was a sectional sofa and a chair in a grouping facing the large flat screen TV. There was also a desk and a chair and plenty of storage. They also had enough lamps that reading at night was easy. The bathroom looked like it had been remodeled. The only weird thing about the room was that you had to enter and and go down a hallway to get into the room itself, I am guessing that is because it was in the corner. Also, the only trash can I could ever find was in the bathroom. I don't know the square footage but the room seemed large.

I was at a conference so we had meals in the big ballroom. The food was better than average for a large group. The staff seemed a little less than average, just a bit clumsy and clueless. Like they were all new or something.

I didn't sit at the pool, but the pool area seemed large and had lots of chairs. I can't remember if there were umbrellas for shade. There was also a nice bar area by the pool and the restaurant there had lots of patio seating. This is minor but the cans of coke in the gift shop were like $1.35 which is actually pretty cheap for that setting.

I stayed in the hotel the whole time, but it looked to me like the hotel was a block or so off of the main part of downtown Palm Springs so it is pretty convenient. I think I would recommend not staying in a room on the south side (towards Tahquitz I think) because of heavy traffic but the noise was tolerable.

I would definitely stay here again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

I am a "Hilton guy" but despite my loyalty to Hilton and very nice rooms I will never come back.
As a diamond or gold member depending on the year over the past decade plus, I expect a consistent experience. In the past ten days I had good experiences in other cities. My brand loyalty remains strong.

From the time of making my reservation I was a little put off by the non refundable deposit but I accepted it. I cannot accept the ham handed way I was treated at check-in. I always show ID but nobody has ever made a show of scrutinizing my ID like this person did. He held my passport up like immigration in a third world country. Next he asked me to read and initial smoking and pet policies. "I don't smoke and I didn't bring a pet" I said. "Just our policy - you have to initial". After swiping my credit card, the card still had to be taken to the "back room" to be copied. "just our policy" he said. finally I had to initial the penalty for early check-out. I am staying two nights and the belts and suspenders policy of guaranteeing their revenue might be ok if this was a special place but it is a nice but not great hotel.

Even though I think some of the "policies" are over the top, I probably would have felt ok if the attitude had not been TSA like. I felt like an unwelcome guest and I won't be back.

In fairness, I found my room to be very nice and it is a goo location but when I am in the area again, I will go back to Embassy Suites - a Hilton property without all the policies and a much better breakfast.

2 Thank lithiumsan
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

We attended a conference at the Hilton Palm Springs Resort. Positive experience from start to finish. We arrived around noon. Check in was at 4. They had us in a room by 12:10. The room was large, clean, well-appointed and very comfortable. We needed to plug in a C-Pap and were a bit confused as to where it might go without extension cords. The staff was instantly helpful. In early evening, we got a courtesy call to ask if everything was to our liking. I so much like that they checked!
Another thing I really liked was that our room was quiet! Too often, especially when there's a convention/conference in play, the rooms can be noisy until the music stops. That was not a problem here.
I took advantage of Elements Spa, which is on the premises, and had good service - a bit heavy handed on the efforts to up-sell, but otherwise a really pleasant experience for both massage and facial.
Things were centrally located, easy to get to (as opposed to last year when we were at a non-Hilton in San Diego which required a tram to get to the conference center from the rooms), not too hot or too cold - a really good venue for a conference.
Conference meals - ah, well, everything can't be blissful, can it? Still, everyone was served very quickly, which was nice.
All in all, I'd stay there again when I next visit and I'd certainly recommend it for a conference.

Room Tip: If you're here for a conference, ask for a non-pool view room. Not as pretty but a heck of a lot...
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

The large rooms were recently updated and provide a great view of the pool and mountains and have a very nice balcony. The fitness center is old and could use an update. The pool area was awesome and breakfast was decent. The location is perfect. You are right in the middle of everything and walking distance to many great restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: I had a higher floor overlooking the pool. It was quite, great balcony and view.
san francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights. The hotel is a short 2 blocks away from the main strip, so it is very convenient to restaurants. They also provide a free shuttle to and from the airport which is great for those who aren't planning on renting a car. All of the personnel are very friendly. Our room had two queens and was a good size where you don't feel cramped. The pool is wonderful. We rented a cabana one day and really enjoyed it. It was $125 which came with 4 cokes, 4 bottles of water, and a fruit platter. They had a TV, safe, fridge, and a hookup for your iphone. The only thing I didn't like about the hotel are the elevators. With the exception of the elevator right by the front desk, all of the others are old and very stuffy. There seems to be no air circulation in them. Being in a desert area, I would think having ample air inside an elevator is essential even though you only spent a few minutes riding it. Overall, it's a great place to stay and I would definitely come back here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Very nice Hotel.Pool area was very resort feeling! Bar, Restaurant , 2 Hot tubs, great landscaping. Room was nicely decorated and very clean. Ground floor poolside room has patio and furniture and is steps from the pool via gate.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends