“Change Is Good!”

Ranked #18 of 71 Hotels in Palm Springs
Peyton, Colorado
“Change Is Good!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel has changed significantly. I travel to Palm Springs at least twice a year and have stayed at this hotel before. In the past, I was not very impressed, however, they've given the entire venue a makeover and it is for the good. Rooms have been redone and the pool area given a complete makeover. The lobby seems more inviting too. If you've stayed here before and not been happy, give it another chance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Shannon A, Rooms Director at Hilton Palm Springs, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your great review. We had a lot of fun with the design process and could not be more pleased with the renovation. Thank you for coming back and giving us the opportunity to wow you. We look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Yorba Linda, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2013

A great place to stay if you want to circle the block for 15 minutes before parking across the street, like cold and stale breakfast, and don't mind looking out the window to see college kids peeing on other guests cars. Don't wait for security to stop the late-night yelling and partying--it apparently isn't their problem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank Sean R
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We truly appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback, as we are consistently looking for ways to improve the experiences of our guests. We apologize for all of the inconveniences that you experienced from parking all the way to breakfast. We strive to provide our guests with the most convenient and comfortable experience as possible, and we are sorry that this was not the case during your stay. We will certainly take all of your comments into consideration as we make future improvements to our hotel. We would love the opportunity to make it up to you, and we hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Palm Springs, CA
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My daughter and I stayed two nights and had a wonderful time. We got room 114, an excellent choice, quiet location, fantastic views and a wonderful ficus tree that provided shade for our patio all afternoon. The bath products were very nice and the towels huge. Hotel TV controls always throw me for a loop, but we figured it out pretty quick.

The room was large, the beds very comfy and the location was perfect for us.

We had a great patio but here's a little warning I'll share. The patio door automatically locks when you close it. Hard to believe, but we managed to lock ourselves out there twice! Thank God my daughter is agile. We'd still be there if I'd had to climb the fence, lol.

We're going back for a longer visit in August. Stay tuned for further adventures.

Room Tip: Excellent choice for first timers to Palm Springs. The casino is right next door, the movie theater...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Shannon A, Rooms Director at Hilton Palm Springs, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I am happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us! Sorry to hear that you were locked out twice, I hope your August adventures do not include more wall scaling! We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks.
London UK
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Have been staying here for around 17 years and the Hilton Palm Springs is like our second home. The staff here are exceptional in every way possible.The remodel is outstanding and we really like the new "hip trendy" feel. The restaurant has a trendy West Hollywood feel with an extensive wide menu. Do not waste your time staying anywhere else, The Hilton Rocks!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
"Awesome" works for us :) Thank you for the great review. We are delighted with the renovation and love the feedback we have been receiving. Start planning your return trip soon!
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were here last year And I reviewed it as being old and tired I believe. Well they went and redid the place. It's really nice and quite up to date. The bed was awesome, the room beautiful, with a hidden fridge, a coffee maker a big screen TV. A nice pool view balcony. all in all it was great. oh and the service by the pool was awesome. they deliver drink and food right to you. The food was great from all 3 places in the resort. My hats off to the Hilton people on a job well done. I was actually not looking forward to going this year but after this trip can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view you wont regret it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rickczap
Many thanks for the great review! The entire staff had fun in creating the new design and love to hear feedback from our guests. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay and look forward to your next visit.
United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The only reason they didn't get an excellent is because at the end of my trip when the valet driver brought my car, he just left the car with the trunk open and was gone...nowhere to be found. I, being a woman alone, had to put the bags in the car myself, which I'm fine doing if I hadn't just paid $22 a night for valet parking. A little help would've been nice. Otherwise, I really liked the hotel and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ontario, California
Reviewed June 2, 2013

First and foremost the renovation was lovely rooms were clean, bed comfortable. We have been staying at The Hilton in Palm Springs for at least 12 years or longer, on occasion we have strayed to some of the other hotels but by popular demand we have always (every year) been faithful to book at The Hilton for our women's weekend getaway (even if we have to pay a lot more than we would at the other hotels). In the past we were actually treated like adults, that is Until 2013. The front desk personnel upon checking in was very pleasant and helpful, we did not expect our rooms to actually be ready because we arrived a bit early but to our delight they were. Hattie the pool attendant has been there for years and it is always so nice to see her. I know just by mingling with the other hotel guest at the pool that everyone really appreciates how hard she works and how loyal she is to Hilton Hotel by how she pampers their guest. After a day of enjoying the pool we were approached by a gentleman that wore a shirt and tie I believe that his shift must of started about 4 PM or 5 PM because we did not see him all day. Without introducing himself he informed us that although he had not received any complaints about our radio that they were not allowed. Point taken. You do have music stream coming through outside but when there are so many people in the pool talking and kids playing you cannot hear the music the hotel provides unless you walk to the outside restroom. Yes all the adults were singing to a Janis Joplin song that came on the radio and we were all a little loud at that time. But it was clean fun. I do not play explicit music because I know children are at the pool. He said that there was a complaint about cussing by someone. I am not sure what he was referring to but he directed that to us when there was a party of 70 people in the pool next to us. After gathering all our belongings and picking up. every bit of trash or dirty towels that we used about 7 PM we headed for our rooms. When we arrived we noticed that our food in the refrigerator was hot so we called the front desk and politely informed whoever answered the phone that our refrigerator was not working, his reply was "it is not a refrigerator it is a cooler" Out of embarrassment I hung up then I called back because whether it is a refrigerator or cooler it should work! It did not! They did send someone with a different COOLER that really did not work either. Knock on the door we happened to be resting opened the door and we were told by the same gentleman from the pool who said I know it is only 7 PM but there has been a complaint you are being too loud " Not us sir must be next door" he walked over to our other room and said " this is your first and last warning next time you will be evicted" I followed into the room and found that it. was an adult having a conversation on her cell phone my daughter on the balcony with her friend I am not sure where the noise was coming from but we just had gotten to the rooms. He also said that front desk was calling and they were so loud that no one could hear the phone to answer it. After investigating front desk discovered that the phone lines were crossed and the phones were not working. I did notice loud noise from across the hall but it was 7 PM.
That was Friday now it is Saturday 150 people at the pool here comes the gentleman straight to us, "Is this your water you can't have this here at the edge of the pool" Over 100 degrees outside can't have water glasses by the pool? Shocked by this gentleman we immediately got out of pool and picked anything we were drinking out of. We asked him why if everyone he walked by had items they were drinking at that side of the pool were not confronted but we were being singled out. He proceeded to go to Hattie and instruct her to get a trash bag and pick up all the cups of water and a ashtray that we were using to smoke outside off the pool. If this gentleman was so concerned about the danger of water cups around the pool then why did he not get a trash bag and pick up the hazard instead of running over to Hattie who was attending to your hotel guest to pick up the items around the pool. We are adults we pick up after ourselves which we did.
It deeply saddens me to not want to return to The Hilton Palm Springs since it has been somewhat of a tradition of having enjoyed ourselves sooooo much in the past to looking forward to our next trip just as soon as we left but since this trip, as long as that gentleman is part of the Hilton family we will not return. I tell you that gentleman was the joke among all your guest because they were very sympathetic to having witnessed his behavior towards us

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank oelias11
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you ran into some challenges during your stay. We endeavor to create the perfect experience for all of our guests and I will discuss this incident with our Executive team. I sincerely hope this one experience in over 12 years will not deter you from returning. Our staff looks forward to seeing you all again.