“Beautifully remodelled”

Hilton Palm Springs
Ranked #15 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The room was spacious and overlooked the pool. The linens were perfect with four different pillows from a soft feather, to a firmer synthetic. The towels were large and lush. There were two plush robes available in the closet. The room was made up twice a day. The furniture by the pool was either brand new or perfectly maintained. The breakfast was an $8.50 credit at their lovely restaurant, which allowed for a generous breakfast each morning. The only negative was a charge for parking, which seemed a bit out of line in a town with such large available space. The internet was free. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Pool side was wonderful.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Luanne S
Shannon A, Rooms Director at Hilton Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad to hear you had a great experience with us. We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on vacation. Picked this hotel because my fiance is a Hilton Honors member. Probably the worst Hilton we've stayed at, especially for the price! The bath tub was horrible. The soap dish was broken and part of the tub had almost worn through (see the pic). The TV was bad as well. The screen was so dark you couldn't even see the picture. Paying over $250/night seemed WAY over priced. We almost left, but it was late and the view was spectacular. We ate the breakfast buffet each morning. It's a great value, and the food was excellent, but expect the same food on the buffet each day. On the plus side, the staff was great. We spent a day at the pool and the bar staff friendly and service was excellent; the woman handing out towels, set us up an umbrella and chairs with towels, without us even asking...and with a smile. All in all, my only complaint is the cost for the quality of the room. I can stand the minor issues with broken soap dish and TV, but the price was WAY too much.

Room Tip: Get a room with the view of the mountains. Spectacular.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin m

Thank you for the feedback. I apologize that your encountered some challenges and will discuss this with our housekeeping and engineering team. Hopefully your overall experience will bring you back, we certainly would like to see you again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I visit the Palm Springs area often as I have family there and usually stay at the Esmerelda or Hyatt Grand Champions in Indian Wells. Because of the tennis tournament I couldn't get a room anywhere near there so I stayed at the Hilton in Palm Springs. The hotel was very clean, the staff very friendly. Had a nice room (144) that faced the pool (too cold for that while I was there). The room was very clean and comfortable. The location is great for downtown PS. Sherman's Deli right across the street is very convenient for breakfast and lunch. I would stay here again if I wanted to be in Palm Springs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool/interior. Other rooms face the parking lot/street.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This Hilton offers a clean and spacious room, friendly staff, and is located close to both downtown and the Spa casino. Overall I had a very good experience on my 5 night stay. This hotel offers a little more casual and low key atmosphere than the Renaissance Hotel down the street. I did utilze the spa facilities and had an excellent experience!

Room Tip: Definitely check on the location of room - some overlook a parking lot and busy street intersection.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank music_heals

Thank you for the review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had an opportunity to use our spa. Hopefully, we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was a little concerned reading the reviews of visitors who stayed here during construction - its not exactly obvious from their website the extent of the renovations or the impact it would have on one's stay. From my most recent visit, I can say that the majority of the work is complete and I didn't notice any of the construction noise that was reported earlier.
We were fortunate to be placed into a newly renovated room and it didn't disappoint. It was spacious and contained all the expected amenities except for the slippers which seem to have ran off to explore the hotel. The balcony is a welcome addition as it is a wonderful place to enjoy your morning coffee or to while the days away whilst contemplating the nearby mountains.
Service was pleasant and unassuming - the staff was simply there when you needed them.
We ordered room service one night and the delivery was quick and food was delicious - far better than the standard hotel fare.
The rest of the hotel is far larger than it looks - the rooms towards the back are a long haul from the lobby, however you can easily access the pool area (and the shortcut) from most places on the 1st floor. Note that if you are in one of the rooms in the back and on a higher floor, you don't have to use the main elevators near the lobby. There are several smaller ones that you can access to get to your room from the first floor.
When arriving to the hotel from the main road, drive into the first awning that you see - this is the entrance to the lobby though it may not be completely obvious. Self-parking surrounds the hotel but you'll want to stop here to check-in first.
This hotel is perfectly situated in downtown Palm Springs so walking to various restaurants and shops is fairly easy. It's also just a mile from the airport so coming and going is a breeze. If you are planning to attend the tennis tournament at Indian Wells, note that its within striking distance via the freeway but it will take about 30 minutes depending on traffic. Whether or not this works for you depends on if you value being closer to the tournament or getting more sleep before catching your flight in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank no_map

Thank you for the feedback. We had fun with the new design and have received a great response. I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I came to Palm Springs this past weekend for a little r&r.
I can not say enough about this hotel. The pool area was completely remodeled. They did a great job. Looking from the previous pictures of the pool it needed a little updating.
All the staff was very friendly. The location is excellent for exploring downtown. We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank BrianCarrillo

Thank you for the great review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We just came back from a weekend away at the HPSR. We have stayed a couple of times over the years, and I must say it ha improved 100%. We had an alcove suite with fantastic vistas to the mountains. The pool is wonderful and the staff and food quality is first class. I'll definately be back. Great for the kids too!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Anthony J
Shannon A, Rooms Director at Hilton Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

"Love the new look" Thank you so much! It was quite a project, but we couldn't be happier with the result. I am glad you and your family had a great experience. We look forward to seeing you all again soon.