“Early check-in, too”

Hilton Palm Springs
Ranked #15 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The pool here is enormous, tons of chaise lounges, towel service, poolside drinks, very classy. And I checked in at 8:30 a.m. -- on a Saturday. Very cool! Self park at $12 is not too bad, either. Casino is right across the street.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Shannon A, Rooms Director at Hilton Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thanks for the great feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,438)

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I traveled from San Diego for a quick week-end getaway with my family of four. We stayed in a suite with a connecting room. The staff was most gracious, the room was great, with lost of space for all of us. I noticed that some areas were just recently renovated (the bathrooms are really nice) and you cannot beat the location, right downtown and walking distance to everything. The pool is also great and the drinks we ordered at the bar poolside were the perfect way to end the day. I also understand the spa is almost new, but I did not see it.
We will definitively go again.

Room Tip: Both the suite and the connector were very spacious, probably I would choose a pool view room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Shannon A, Rooms Director at Hilton Palm Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review. I hope you had an opportunity to look at our new rooms, the design is amazing! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Nice hotel in a good location within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. It was very quite when we were staying and due to this some services were not open. We had booked a package including a buffet breakfast, but when we arrived the buffet was not open as the hotel was low occupancy. We were offered a la carte breakfast instead but would have been nice to be informed when we made our booking online as we probably would not have paid extra for the package. We upgraded to a suite for a small fee and it was worth the cost. The room was an open plan suite, very spacious and had a large balcony overlooking the pool area. The hotel has a 60's retro feel about it, which gives the first impression of being outdated, but is actually a part of it's charm. Overall a nice stay at this hotel and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: The suite was spacious and worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review. I am happy to hear that you had a great visit with us. I am also happy to share that currently, we have over 50% of our rooms completely renovated. You will love the new design. I will follow up with our restuarant regarding your breakfast options. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

There art the remnants of a nice hotel about this establishment. I like to stay at Hilton hotels as I think they have a great rewards program, but there were several very real issues with this hotel and our room. Firstly, our room air conditioner could not keep up with the temps when the sun came around and hit our room in the afternoon. The furnishings are older, worn and in need of updating, there is no fridge in the room and no mini-bar. There were stains on the carpeting, housekeeping did not refresh our glasses 3 days of our stay nor did they refresh our bath amenities. I requested a room away from the elevator but was given one directly across the hall form the lift. I would suggest you look elsewhere for another hotel, there are several major chain hotels right downtown with the same rates.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you encountered some challenges during your stay. I will review this with our housekeeping department. You will be happy to hear that as of right now we have over 50% of our rooms completely renovated. Contact me directly when booking your next stay, you will love the changes we have made. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I have been coming out tho this hotel for several years. It is very convenient to the downtown area of old palm springs. Walking distance to all the restaraunts, across the street from the Casino for those that are interested. The hotel is older, but is currently going through aa remodel. what we like the most is the people that work for the hotel...pool lady, bartenders are all very nice. Generally stay 4 days, and make sure we are there during thursday night street fair.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessie109

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay. I am happy to hear you had a wonderful experience. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My hubby and I stayed here for the weekend and it is a beautiful property set near the beautiful mountains. It's located in the heart of everything. The rooms are spacious and have great views. We really enjoyed the pool. We'll be back for sure!!!

Room Tip: Choose a higher lever room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I frequent Palm Springs fairly often in the summer and very often can get some great deals on hotels for the weekend. During season, I book through the normal property websites but during the summer I use priceline and until now my lastest experience was fairly satisified with the 3 1/2 star hotel that I received..

My lastest experience, Hilton Palm Springs Resort was off to bad start at the front desk. After I was given this hotel through priceline, I called the hotel to inquire about their renovations because after reading the majority of the reviews, the hotel was dated and was hardly a 3 1/2 star property. Anyhow when I called the hotel, they said they would be realsing rooms this weekend, great..I was thrilled to find that out after reading all the reviews. Anyhow, the front desk told me the upgraded rooms weren't not avialble because the furniture didn't come in. I would suggest to the management that the staff doesn't give out wrong information to the guests prior to arrival.

Anyhow, my room so dated and in need of renovation, I felt it barely reached a 2 star property, not even close to the 3 1/2 stars thru priceline. Not to mention there was a $14 resort per night which I wasnt notified in check in. AND ACUTUALLY I ASKED THE FRONT DESK IF THERE WERE IN ANY OTHERS SINCE MY ROOM AND TAX WERE PER PAID. HE SAID NO AND nowhere on the website is it stated. I understand resort fee, but this was hardly a RESORT.

Bottom line: bad service, horrible accomodations, dated and tired ammenties. I would recommend avoiding this hotel at all costs.

Bottom line: until this hotel upgrades

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry that you did not receive one of our newly renovated rooms. The morning of your arrival we had expected delivery of the final piece of furnishings for the new rooms. Unfortunately, due to the typhoon in the Pacific it was delayed until the following Monday. As the last piece we were waiting for were sinks, I am sure you can understand we were unable to release the rooms for guest use. Currently, over half of our rooms are fully complete. We hope that you return soon, you will love the changes we have made.