“Love this resort”

Vista Mirage
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Best things about resort:
Close to the airport, and downtown. Grocery store, Starbucks, Subway, Carl's Jr, Rite Aid and various other stores/restaurants within a five minute walk. The library is about two blocks away, in case you need to use a computer (which I did). There is a Friday night reception, offering food and drinks, which I forgot about (next time). Saturday morning was a Continental breakfast, didn't do that either! Free Wi-Fi. Very gracious staff.
Best attractions or restaurants nearby:
The Palm Springs Tram, the Follies, Thursday night market, golfing, water park, and dozens of wonderful restaurants. We especially liked the Italian one next door to the Follies. Also, Copley's is fantastic. Rocky's Pizza will deliver.
Stayed here several years ago. Liked it so much I bought a week, as this is also a timeshare resort.. We stayed two nights in a downtown hotel, and went to check in here at 1100. I knew we were way too early, but the receptionist asked if I was an owner. When I said yes, he said they have a room ready. Asked for something close to the pool, and I got one, on a corner location. Right out front, there was a swingset/slide contraption which worked out well as my sister and her kids were stayng in Rancho Mirage, and came over to visit several times. We could hear the traffic on Ramon, but we weren't in the room that much, and with the doors closed, it was very quiet. They have two pools/spas, with plenty of chairs and loungers to go around. Also lots of shade. The front desk provides towels. Several gas grills are available to use, which we did twice. You are able to pick the fruit off the trees, if you can reach. Had grapefruit for breakfast one day. It would be nice if they provided a means to get the fruit down. (Had to jump to get it!). The kitchen/bathrooms had granite countertops, looked like new TVs in the LR and master BR. Definitely need new LR furniture. Very outdated, and uncomfortable. The beds were comfortable. Kitchen was fully equipped. The only problem we had was with the dishwasher. Loading the dishes one night, and the whole thing tipped out! Notified the front desk, and within 15 minutes someone was there to fix it. Whoever installed the countertops forgot to screw the dishwasher back in. AC worked like a champ. In fact, had to turn it off several times, as it got a little too cool. The grounds are beautifully maintained. The location to downtown can't be beat. Five minutes by car, and there is lots of free parking. The BF walked it one morning. Overall, I found nothing to dislike. Coming back in November, can't wait!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kathleen_morgan

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent four days over my kids' Spring Break at Vista Mirage, and this place has everything you would need for a getaway. We made breakfast every morning in the full kitchen, and the convenient location allowed for is to grab lunch and dinner just minutes away. There was a small pool and play structure right outside our condo which was great for my 3 boys, ages 6 to 18 months. The rooms were spacious and clean, the living room was huge, and the facilities were well maintained. If you want the conveniences of home, this is the place for your family vacation.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank richlin52
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this property for one week in mid February. When we checked in, the front desk was very attentive and helpful. We booked a two bedroom, two bath and the unit with a full kitchen and the essentials necessary, allowing us to have breakfast and lunch at the resort. Dinner was usually out at the convenient restaurants located in the area. The resort has two swimming pools, along with a spa(jacuzzi). e had a slight problem with the fridge in our unit and within minutes after I reported the problem, the maintenance staff appeared and immediately rectified the problem. Great service. The resort is well located, only three blocks, from downtown Palm Springs, and within driving distance to the other communities in the area. Overall we were completely satisfied, Good value for the money.

Room Tip: If possible, request a room on the first floor as there is no elevator. If you have groceries and l...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were not sure what to expect as we were checking out of our favorite condo - Palm Springs Tennis Club - and moving to this location. Both resorts are so different that there would be no way of comparing them and I would return to both. The units had a wonderful, spacious layout and would be perfect for traveling with another couple or family. There are no views from any of units as mentioned in previous reviews but imagine that the design makes it more comfortable during the heat of the summer. Request a second floor unit. There is a Ralph's and CVS one block away for all your grocery needs and BBQ's near the pools for grilling. The two pools are large with plenty of chairs and tables with unbrellas for shade. The front desk is WONDERFUL and friendly - they even gave us a call to simply ask if all was satisfactory. The condos amenities were a great sound system (CD and DVD Players), ample kitchen gadgets, nice dishes and stemware, comfy beds - the artwork on the wall added the right touch to each room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank judywarren
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I didn't really know what to expect because the website is limited and it really doesn't highlight anything special. First off we had beautiful weather for January so we were able to be outside a lot. The pool was warm and clean, the deck was clean and free of debris. We bar-b-que'd 3 nights in a row, the grill was always clean. I guess they clean them every night, it really makes a difference. There is tools for the grill you can get from the front desk. My family started bringing in all these grapefruits and tangerines that were growing on trees on the property. I was worried there would be half eaten fruit all over from animals getting to it, but no such thing. They really kept it up. The staff was super nice and very helpful. This is a great hotel for families with kids and for older folks.

2  Thank NatashaCoolBeans
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Vista Mirage. The location is excellent, about 1 mile from downtown and a couple blocks from a grocery store and some fast food options. This was a RCI exchange and I knew it was an older building and that was the trade off. It has been updated with granite countertops and flooring, etc. but you can't totally hide the age of the place, however it didn't really bother me. The worst thing was probably the bathtubs with low shower heads. It is spacious and laid out nicely. The kitchen was well appointed. The two pools were fine and used off and on during our stay. We had a noise problem one night when a large group checked in with lots of children screaming until 11:00 pm but other than that it was a quiet place.

I was able to walk into town which is always a bonus. If seemed like every restaurant was close by. Don't miss Sherman's Deli, we loved that place. The staff was very friendly whenever we needed anything. A nice bonus was the grapefruit trees which were loaded and we were able to have fresh grapefruit in the morning. I agree with others about the high walls, if they made the walls half walls so you could see out from your patios, it would be so much nicer. We had to patios but never used them, who wants to look at a wall?

They only come in once during the week to change out your towels so there really isn't any room service to speak off. Overall, a good stay and I would stay here again but I would look at other properties as well.

Room Tip: Go to Sherman's Deli
3  Thank BellaLuna61
Reviewed January 27, 2013

An OK property to sleep but the complex design is odd. There are 2 pools and ample tennis courts There is no activities for children. We spent one week over New Years.
The most NEGATIVE thing about Vista Mirage is the high walls on the balconies, which block any view through the windows, block sunlight and block any view from the balcony.The two balconies were only large enough to hold 2 chairs and I had to stand on the chair to see over the "wall". We were on the top floor as these units get more light than the ground floor. We felt very claustrophobic not being able to see out. Despite our unit facing south we never got any sunshine into our unit.
The kitchen had a generous amount of dishes and tools but did not have a kettle to make tea nor a non-stick fry pan. The furniture was newish and modern. However the bed linens were well worn. So many hotels/resorts use duvets on the beds and my unit had a blanket and bedspread which is not cozy. The mattress was good.. The shower control in both bathrooms ia antique and difficult to operate. The bathtub could use a proper shower curtain instead of just a liner. The doors and baseboards were dated, detracting from the improvements.

We would not stay at Vista Mirage again due to the "walled" in feeling. I love having my morning coffee on the balcony but not at Vista Mirage. As for location, Vista Mirage is a 20-25 walk to downtown and a 15 minute walk to Ralph's, the drug store, and Starbucks.

1  Thank Karen S